Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/3/2019 6:30:41 PM EDT
The Tavor X95 with the 18 1/2" barrel has a bayonet lug that fits bayonets for AR15s. I'm wanting to know which bayonets might fit? Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/3/2019 8:33:51 PM EDT
[#1]
I've stuck a surplus M7 and an M9 on mine with no issues. Any bayonet that can go on an m16 should work. Someday I might get one of those pretty Austrian AUG ones to put on it too lol. If you change out the muzzle device to one bigger than the a2 style one that's where you would have problems which is also the case with any other rifle that uses the same pattern bayonet.
Link Posted: 1/3/2019 8:44:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've stuck a surplus M7 and an M9 on mine with no issues. Any bayonet that can go on an m16 should work. Someday I might get one of those pretty Austrian AUG ones to put on it too lol. If you change out the muzzle device to one bigger than the a2 style one that's where you would have problems which is also the case with any other rifle that uses the same pattern bayonet.
View Quote
Sounds good. Any pictures maybe? Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/3/2019 8:49:41 PM EDT
[#3]
I'll try to do some tomorrow for you.
Link Posted: 1/3/2019 8:51:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I'll try to do some tomorrow for you.
View Quote
Great!
Link Posted: 1/4/2019 9:46:59 AM EDT
[#5]
[url]http
Link Posted: 1/4/2019 4:18:05 PM EDT
[#6]
Quick and dirty potato pics.

M7

M9

Size comparison with a 16" sar and an a1 clone I built.
Link Posted: 1/4/2019 5:20:13 PM EDT
[#7]
Thanks for the pictures. Is that the factory installed flash hider on the X95? Looks like the bayonets barely fit on to the flash hider. Maybe that is the way it is supposed to fit.

The length of the blade on the M9 seems to be a little more proportional to the length of the rifle than the the length of the blade on the M7.

The M9 appears to be more of a traditional hunting knife and might be more useful than the M7 when it is removed from the rifle.

Which bayonet is your favorite, the M9 or the M7?
Link Posted: 1/4/2019 5:40:41 PM EDT
[#8]
It’s the factory one and that’s how they are supposed to fit. They fit further down on m4geries because they have a longer barrel than the real deal because of NFA so the distance from the lug to the muzzle is off.

Looks wise the m9 is boss. I think the m7 is a better actual bayonet. M7 is full tang thinner blade so it’s easier to to poke in things and is more lively in the hand unmounted in my opinion. Also many users of m7 pattern bayonets didn’t follow the US Army in replacing it with the m9. I think the air force stayed m7 the Marines went with their own thing and I want to say Israel stayed m7 but I haven’t done much research on that and could be wrong.

The m9 is not full tang and it is very wide. I think the movie Rambo inspired it’s design and adoption . It’s heavier and it’s scabbards bulkier. On the plus side it’s scabbard has a built in spot for a sharpening stone and has a wire
cutter built in. I never used the wire cutter while I was an infantryman (we only checked them out once maybe twice from the arms room in 4 years they have a reputation of not being joe proof with them breaking when used for prying because of its design and bayonets aren’t that useful) some NCOs I served with had however and said the bayonet / scabbard wire cutters were trash that barely worked.

My m7 is beat up with lots of knicks on the blade I’m guessing the joes who served with it chopped all sorts of stupid shit with it and I’d like to get a more pristine example someday so it’s definitely my favorite out of the two.
Link Posted: 1/4/2019 6:07:04 PM EDT
[#9]
Nice feedback on the M9 and M7 bayonets. Some are saying the USMC bayonet is nice to. Think its made in Canada maybe.
Link Posted: 1/4/2019 6:10:08 PM EDT
[#10]
In scabbards M9 left M7 right (the M8A1 is the scabbard designation)

Length comp the m9 is a bit longer not as much as those mounted pics made it look though. M9 on the left again.

Side by side width.

M7 disassembled.

M9 disassembled.

In case you cant tell from the pic no its not a solid tang I just didnt feel like trying to disassemble it any further. So here are the some crappily drawn arrows to the end of the blade and where it screws into a tang extension that the grip slides over and the mounting hardware screws into at the bottom.
Link Posted: 1/4/2019 6:19:58 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Nice feedback on the M9 and M7 bayonets. Some are saying the USMC bayonet is nice to. Think its made in Canada maybe.
View Quote
It might be but I'm sure its mucho dinero with no surplus ones available. I think my surplus m9 was around $100 because its a very early generation from when they were adopted which is also around a year after I was born hence its stainless instead of cheaper carbon steel with a protective coating like latter ones. My m7 was cheap I want to say $30ish. Amazon shows the OKC -3s at 100 something but those could be knock offs ontario who I think is the actual manufacturer lists them at $184. For me that's too much for a newly produced knife with no provenance that is only ever going to be mounted for shits and giggles. But your mileage may vary.
Link Posted: 1/4/2019 6:37:49 PM EDT
[#12]
$30 is a price that's hard to turn down. May have went up some by now I bet. Good info. Thanks.
Link Posted: 1/4/2019 6:45:49 PM EDT
[#13]
No problem. Looks like they are still $30 at sportsmans guide I think that's where I got my m7. Condition is a crapshoot from them. Some reviews say newish condition others rusted POS. Mine is dinged up but usable. You can get guaranteed better condition or graded ones from other places but it will cost more.
Link Posted: 1/4/2019 7:12:58 PM EDT
[#14]
Great! I'll shop around. Awesome.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top