Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/21/2018 6:09:01 PM EDT
If I recall correctly, they had a great black Friday sale last year, and I got a spare barrel for my AUG. So far, I'm not seeing anything on their website this year.  In fact, I don't even see AUG barrels listed for sale on the website anymore. Has something changed, or am I missing something?
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 6:59:12 PM EDT
[#1]
They always do something, if you don't see anything yet (or barrels) I'd wait a day or two. Steyr's pretty good about sending out email and posting on media about their sales.
Link Posted: 11/21/2018 10:44:05 PM EDT
[#2]
It looks like sales prices are already up, the Corvus mag release is like 60$ now. Now I wish I would've waited.

Corvus rail is now 116$ and so on.
Link Posted: 11/22/2018 7:39:34 AM EDT
[#3]
Sonofabitch! I was waiting for Black Friday deals for the barrels...now there are no AUG barrels.
Link Posted: 11/22/2018 12:10:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Not only no barrels but still no trigger. I did order my last Corvus piece; the ani-rotation QD pin and a Drago case.
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 10:10:04 AM EDT
[#5]
I ordered a replacement bolt (35% off) and a 10 round mag for bench use.  The mag is still overpriced at $30 but that the lowest it will ever be
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 10:22:30 AM EDT
[#6]
Of course the case deflector is the only thing I really want and is out of stock.
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 11:30:59 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Of course the case deflector is the only thing I really want and is out of stock.
View Quote
It's been out of stock for awhile now, sadly.
Link Posted: 11/23/2018 12:24:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Contact Steyr and see if they will honor the BF pricing once they're back in stock. Not to make the wait worse but I love mine. I attached a small piece of archery felt on it and the brass is not damaged at all which is important as I reload. You didn't mention it but their mag release is much better than stock imo.
Link Posted: 11/24/2018 2:15:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Ordered AUG spare parts kit.
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 5:16:29 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Contact Steyr and see if they will honor the BF pricing once they're back in stock. Not to make the wait worse but I love mine. I attached a small piece of archery felt on it and the brass is not damaged at all which is important as I reload. You didn't mention it but their mag release is much better than stock imo.
View Quote
Lucked out and it came back in stock today for Cyber Monday! I had checked the website earlier at work and it was still out of stock but when I got home to order some other stuff it was back. Also picked up the Corvus Defensio mag release and buttstock QD mount. Plus a cleaning kit lid and Gear Head Works FLEx Swivel (QD takedown slide). Saved almost $120 off normal prices.
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 5:32:57 PM EDT
[#11]
Aphex, thank you for bringing that up, cause I needed one.
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 6:03:54 PM EDT
[#12]
Awesome that they came back in stock, got a deflector and mag release.
Link Posted: 11/26/2018 6:25:13 PM EDT
[#13]
It's just too bad they don't have any Suppressor plugs, that would've round up my parts list nicely.
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 11:44:22 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Lucked out and it came back in stock today for Cyber Monday! I had checked the website earlier at work and it was still out of stock but when I got home to order some other stuff it was back. Also picked up the Corvus Defensio mag release and buttstock QD mount. Plus a cleaning kit lid and Gear Head Works FLEx Swivel (QD takedown slide). Saved almost $120 off normal prices.
View Quote
I have the same parts on mine, nice savings for sure!
Link Posted: 11/27/2018 11:47:04 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
It's just too bad they don't have any Suppressor plugs, that would've round up my parts list nicely.
View Quote
Contact Pete at PJS-SteyrAug, that's where I got mine.
Link Posted: 11/28/2018 12:34:55 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Contact Pete at PJS-SteyrAug, that's where I got mine.
View Quote
I emailed him an hour ago about that, and a price on a 20" with a rail. Gonna grab a Manticore Talon mount and a Steiner P4Xi orr I might just say F*** IT and get the 3x optic with it.
Link Posted: 11/30/2018 11:21:36 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I emailed him an hour ago about that, and a price on a 20" with a rail. Gonna grab a Manticore Talon mount and a Steiner P4Xi orr I might just say F*** IT and get the 3x optic with it.
View Quote
Steiner P4Xi is pretty awesome and if I didn't have the 3x "integrated" optic on my A3 M1 I would steal it off my AR-15 and put it on there in a heart beat. Only reason I wouldn't do it now is I don't want a 3x optic I can't use on a different rifle sitting around collecting dust.

Off topic but Bud's sent me an email today saying I was selected and won a $50 gift card. Bought me two Magpul AUG mags, shipped & insured, for $0 out of pocket.
Link Posted: 12/3/2018 11:51:40 PM EDT
[#18]
I just received my Black Friday order and I have to say that I'm a little disappointed and will be calling them tomorrow.  First of all the AUG bolt (the main part of the order) wasn't in the box and is not even mentioned on the receipt/packing slip. Second, the 10 round mag has a different base plate that's pinned into the mag.  It is impossible to disassemble for cleaning.  It is also stamped '9+1' and cannot be inserted with a closed bolt with 10 rounds loaded
Link Posted: 12/4/2018 10:58:02 AM EDT
[#19]
My order from Steyr showed up last night. UPS was supposed to deliver it last Friday but I guess they were too busy with Black Friday/Xmas orders and pushed it to Monday. Even then it didn't arrive until almost 9pm....but I finally got all the parts installed this morning.

Decided throw a Primary Arms AMD and a Magpul MS4 sling to try out as well.

Link Posted: 12/5/2018 2:51:59 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I just received my Black Friday order and I have to say that I'm a little disappointed and will be calling them tomorrow.  First of all the AUG bolt (the main part of the order) wasn't in the box and is not even mentioned on the receipt/packing slip. Second, the 10 round mag has a different base plate that's pinned into the mag.  It is impossible to disassemble for cleaning.  It is also stamped '9+1' and cannot be inserted with a closed bolt with 10 rounds loaded
View Quote
They probably told you, but your description of the "10rd" mag is exactly how they are. I only have one, don't need or want more.

What was the reason for the missing bolt?

@mcantu
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 9:12:32 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

They probably told you, but your description of the "10rd" mag is exactly how they are. I only have one, don't need or want more.

What was the reason for the missing bolt?

@mcantu
View Quote
They were out when my order shipped but they got more yesterday.

The mag isn't ideal but I just need it for bench use
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 9:37:34 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
My order from Steyr showed up last night. UPS was supposed to deliver it last Friday but I guess they were too busy with Black Friday/Xmas orders and pushed it to Monday. Even then it didn't arrive until almost 9pm....but I finally got all the parts installed this morning.

Decided throw a Primary Arms AMD and a Magpul MS4 sling to try out as well.

https://i.imgur.com/hFy9nw5.jpg
https://i.imgur.com/IoyE4Oc.jpg
View Quote
Looking forward to hearing your feedback on the Corvus parts after a trip to the range.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 12:40:00 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Looking forward to hearing your feedback on the Corvus parts after a trip to the range.
View Quote
Hoping to hit the range this weekend but I can already tell the Corvus mag release was worth the money. Much more positive feedback when inserting and ejecting the magazine. No more second guessing like with the factory magazine release and having to yank down on the mag to verify lock-in. The Corvus anti-rotation QD mount for the stock seems up to the task. Well thought out design, looks and feels like a quality upgrade over the factory sling swivel. It pairs nicely with the Gear Head Works QD take-down slide and a QD sling like the Magpul MS4. Allows going from single point to two point quickly if needed. And the Gear Head QD mount keeps the sling away from the charging handle. The Corvus case deflector is really the only thing that needs range time to verify its good to go. Installed easily and I added some blue loc-tite, so if I didn't fuck up the install somehow, it should be staying put. Plenty of clearence between the shell deflector mounting hooks inside the ejection port and the bolt carrier.

I'm still new to the AUG platform but it's already one of my favorite rifles, even without the 'new gun' factor. I'll probably order up the 20/20 Precision sear next time I have the funds and maybe pick up the Corvus Defensio rail as well. I have a sneaking suspicion I'd enjoy the rifle much more with my Steiner P4Xi 1-4x scope installed over the factory 3x scope and a red dot.
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 3:52:14 PM EDT
[#24]
I’m curious to hear if the new mag catch will chew up the mags.

Mick
Link Posted: 12/6/2018 4:58:27 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I’m curious to hear if the new mag catch will chew up the mags.

Mick
View Quote
I haven't heard any complaints but its not like the AUG has a huge following like an AR-15 or even HK/clones. The nubs on the catch are smooth and the edges are beveled though.

I'm sure if you beat the absolute shit out of the magazine while its in the rifle the mag tabs will fail before the Corvus Defensio release does.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top