Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 11/3/2018 8:37:23 PM EDT
I did a run and gun today and some time during the run I lost the outside cover, which caused the interior part to fall into the chamber during a stage. Is there a way to prevent the cover from coming off or an updated cover design?
Link Posted: 11/4/2018 4:22:55 PM EDT
[#1]
It shouldn't be popping off. I have only heard of it happening to maybe one or two others online.

Unfortunately I have never experienced this issue, so I don't have much to offer... When I shoot "black rifle", 2 gun, or PCC, spare magazines are on my belt. I wonder if you're using a chest rig and while slung and running the port cover hits your gear???

Perhaps the inside metal cover needs the lips tweaked to better secure the plastic port cover? A more permanent fix would be to just silicon it into place. As a right handed shooter, the only time I have ever removed port covers was to replace the "text" version with the older "non-text" covers. Semi-permanently affixing it in place shouldn't matter to the average AUG shooter unless you swap to the left hand bolt.
Link Posted: 11/4/2018 4:43:35 PM EDT
[#2]
When I bought my AUG-A1 back in the 90s, it only had the plastic outer cover and that's how I've been shooting it ever since. Is the metal inner cover necessary?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top