Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/13/2018 9:17:21 AM EDT
Can’t put my hands on either one but want a short 300blk. Looking at Tavor X95 or the Sig Rattler; any recommendations from those who are more knowledgeable? Or do I go the AR pistol route? Thanks
Link Posted: 10/13/2018 11:59:41 AM EDT
[#1]
I have a sig rattler and its very smooth and accurate. Tavor or AR pistol are all good picks as well. More of a personal preference than anything, but I do feel the SIG Rattler is a lot of money compared other choices. Plus side for the Sig is its tiny and its built like a little tank! Easy to pack away.
Link Posted: 10/13/2018 12:05:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks. How gassy is it? Saw some videos and the MAC guy said it was bad and some other videos didn't seem an issue at all.
Link Posted: 10/13/2018 9:19:45 PM EDT
[#3]
I don't use a suppressor so its fine for me :-)
Link Posted: 10/13/2018 11:17:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Can’t put my hands on either one but want a short 300blk. Looking at Tavor X95 or the Sig Rattler; any recommendations from those who are more knowledgeable? Or do I go the AR pistol route? Thanks
View Quote
I'd go AR Pistol.

In 5.56 I'd go Tavor, but since the .300 is fine with 8"-10" barrels, there's no real advantage to having the 16" bullpup configuration.

And the pistol will end up being 2lb lighter, and likely cheaper as well.
Link Posted: 10/14/2018 9:28:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Thanks. It’s gonna be a truck gun basically so AR pistol sounds about right. This way, I can save enough to buy one of those Keltecs on SG!
Link Posted: 10/14/2018 10:16:11 AM EDT
[#6]
I have around $400 in this beat around thing.  My first .300, and it works perfectly so far.  Granted, I have only fired about 75 rounds through it, but it seems fine to me.
Link Posted: 10/15/2018 2:38:03 AM EDT
[#7]
The AR will be a lot cheaper.

You’ll gain some velocity with supers in the X95. 110’s come out just north of 2400 fps from mine. It’s a little on the heavy side compared to an AR, but, with can attached, it’s almost as short as my 10.5” AR without a can.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top