Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/26/2018 11:59:11 PM EDT
So got my rifle back from Steyr, everything should be fixed. They have great customer service.

My Form 1  on a 30 cal can came back this month so I finished my Suppressor.

I have a reflex adapter on order to reduce the Overall length of the rifle with the can but at the moment, I have a standard SD tactical mount attached. With the check nut there’s not tons of thread space left but it seems enough to hold the can effectively.

The Suppressor is mostly titanium minus end caps and the blast baffles.

I have installed the factory Suppressor gas plug, and should be re-sighting in the rifle this weekend

The Suppressor cover is the HAD by rifles only, I’m going to run this in action rifle matches, so I was hoping to avoid melting the safe tables with a hot can.

Here’s some photos

Here’s the left over thread the Can is holding on to

Link Posted: 9/27/2018 12:28:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Looks good, man. Hope it works out well.

I'm planning to do a reflex suppressor when I get my AUG.
Link Posted: 9/27/2018 7:46:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Looks good, any reason you didn't clip the baffles?
Link Posted: 9/27/2018 11:18:47 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Looks good, any reason you didn't clip the baffles?
View Quote
I’ll likely clip them before my first range visit, as it’s still under construction
Link Posted: 9/27/2018 1:58:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Ahh i saw your pic on Facebook. Gorgeous man. Love it. Take some videos when u go out. Love to hear it in action.
Link Posted: 9/28/2018 7:37:40 PM EDT
[#5]
You’ll end up with a goofy soot mark on your shoulder if you wear a light color shirt. But it’s all good

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/29/2018 5:14:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 9/29/2018 5:39:02 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 10/1/2018 9:39:36 AM EDT
[#8]

Is it normal for titanium cans to have this much flash on the first round pop? Every round after is a tiny flash/spark

Took the rifle out to quickly test the Suppressor, unfortunately went to an indoor range early in the morning due to my schedule so I could not get a feel for its Full suppression. However the Suppressor functioned perfectly in reliability, blowback was noticeable during rapid fire but still manageable. The sound was still pretty loud, only a small noticeable decrease of sound but being indoors doesn’t help, I’ll try it outside to see if it’s worth still keeping the Suppressor on it. On single shoot mode, it was better for obvious reasons, and easy to switch settings.
Link Posted: 10/1/2018 9:50:11 AM EDT
[#9]
Muzzle flash is pretty normal with a can, hence designers incorporating flash hiders in end caps. I wonder how much noise you're getting is from the piston port in the confined space? This is the reason that RatWorx came up with their suppressor design to trap the port gasses.

Link Posted: 10/1/2018 2:08:03 PM EDT
[#10]
The first round flash is the oxygen in the can being burned up and why following round are much reduced. See the 2nd half of this video...
https://youtu.be/WldfKsvn0ak

The sparks on following rounds are titanium burning as the can is eroding with every shot.
Link Posted: 10/1/2018 6:18:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
The sound was still pretty loud, only a small noticeable decrease of sound but being indoors doesn’t help, I’ll try it outside to see if it’s worth still keeping the Suppressor on it. On single shoot mode, it was better for obvious reasons, and easy to switch settings.
View Quote
Being inside you have the sound coming back from the walls/barriers.

Seeing the flash from the gas port is neat.
Link Posted: 10/1/2018 9:50:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Definitely try it outdoors
Link Posted: 10/4/2018 7:27:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Has anyone tried to shoot factory subsonic 223, I just want to hear how it sounds in single shoot mode but want to make sure it’s safe in a 20in 1:9 twist barrel
Link Posted: 10/4/2018 9:18:26 PM EDT
[#14]
Not a STG77, but here’s an Aug video I made...

https://youtu.be/zh_ncS0fCSY
Link Posted: 10/9/2018 11:50:23 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 10/11/2018 6:16:41 PM EDT
[#16]

Something new to try at the range
Link Posted: 10/12/2018 3:12:39 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Not a STG77, but here's an Aug video I made...
https://youtu.be/zh_ncS0fCSY
View Quote
You just wanted to show off your 14" barrel.
It's crazy how you can see the flash coming out of the gas cylinder, in the daytime!
Link Posted: 10/12/2018 3:17:50 AM EDT
[#18]
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Nice! I like how the gas can easily be switched off to run the AUG as a straight pull. It's so quiet when doing so. No ear pro needed.

Quoted:
https://i.imgur.com/XgTtAqf.jpg
Something new to try at the range
I wonder why they didn't use heavier projectiles? 55gr can't have much energy.
Link Posted: 10/12/2018 9:18:43 AM EDT
[#19]
I think it’s about keeping the bullet stable without getting a baffle strike , they make 110 grain 223 subsonic but it’s $50 a box of 20 and made for short barrels
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top