Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/21/2018 1:19:03 AM EDT
Just wanted to share pictures showing my Hi-Point carbine (4595TS) now installed in a High Tower Armory bullpup conversion stock (MBS 95).  Everything about it so far has been great, fit, finish, and function.

Link Posted: 9/21/2018 7:46:51 AM EDT
[#1]
Nice looking rifle.
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 9:50:08 PM EDT
[#2]
If they only made a 10mm double stack......
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 10:46:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If they only made a 10mm double stack......
View Quote
The High Tower Armory bullpup stock is actually manufactured with a separate removable magazine well insert.  HTA has stated that once they get further along with production of the stocks they intend to work on some double stack magazines so at that point the removable insert would come into play.  Rumor has it that Hi-Point is also currently working on double stack magazines, atleast for a redesigned pistol platform, but possibly for the carbine line as well with a new or modified stock.
Link Posted: 9/24/2018 6:09:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Redball Sports, the guys making the boomerang shaped 20 round hi cap HP mags just rolled out .45 acp 20 round HP mags. These are straight, not curved. Supposedly they’ve got 10mm coming out next. Redball also has HP’s blessing so no warranty issues unlike Promag.
Link Posted: 9/24/2018 12:44:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Redball Sports, the guys making the boomerang shaped 20 round hi cap HP mags just rolled out .45 acp 20 round HP mags. These are straight, not curved. Supposedly they’ve got 10mm coming out next. Redball also has HP’s blessing so no warranty issues unlike Promag.
View Quote
Yes that is correct.  There is actually one of Redball .45 ACP magazines shown in my above picture.  They work and fit well, though I definitely recommend you use a speed loader since they have a lot of spring pressure.
Link Posted: 9/28/2018 3:30:56 PM EDT
[#6]
@TheGunEnthusiast
Would you post a picture with the Redball Sports 20 round magazine in the Highpoint, please?
Link Posted: 10/1/2018 1:56:02 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
@TheGunEnthusiast
Would you post a picture with the Redball Sports 20 round magazine in the Highpoint, please?
View Quote
@cletussd
Below is the picture you requested.

Link Posted: 10/1/2018 2:27:59 AM EDT
[#8]
@TheGunEnthusiast
Thank You.
Link Posted: 11/3/2018 7:22:17 PM EDT
[#9]
@TheGunEnthusiast

What is the length of pull?

Does the plastic/rubber piece on the 20rd mag come off the mag?

If it does, could I bother you to take a pic with it in the  gun with that piece off?

Thank you in advance.
Link Posted: 11/5/2018 12:53:22 PM EDT
[#10]
If you're referring to the angled piece on the Redball mag, that's where the double stack lower body of the mag is joined with the single stack upper body. It's not a spacer, it's an integral part of the mag.
Link Posted: 11/5/2018 1:07:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
If you're referring to the angled piece on the Redball mag, that's where the double stack lower body of the mag is joined with the single stack upper body. It's not a spacer, it's an integral part of the mag.
View Quote
Oh, I was thinking it was just a trim piece, etc...thank you.

Anyone know the length of pull?
Link Posted: 11/5/2018 9:24:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

The High Tower Armory bullpup stock is actually manufactured with a separate removable magazine well insert.  HTA has stated that once they get further along with production of the stocks they intend to work on some double stack magazines so at that point the removable insert would come into play.  Rumor has it that Hi-Point is also currently working on double stack magazines, atleast for a redesigned pistol platform, but possibly for the carbine line as well with a new or modified stock.
View Quote
Hi-Point should just adopt the Glock mag (small & large) if they're working on a redesigned pistol and possibly a carbine.
Link Posted: 11/17/2018 12:49:17 PM EDT
[#13]
Can anyone that has one of these give me a measurement from the face of the trigger to the buttpad?
Link Posted: 11/17/2018 5:09:45 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
If you're referring to the angled piece on the Redball mag, thaot's where the double stack lower body of the mag is joined with the single stack upper body. It's not a spacer, it's an integral part of the mag.
View Quote
Are you sure? This is off of redballs facebook page:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/18/2018 5:35:25 PM EDT
[#15]
My bad. I’d always thought that was a coupler, never knew the mag body was one piece.
I’d read another post about a mag that failed and I’d assumed this ‘coupler’ was the part that broke.

I do kinda wish HTA had made their bullpup magwell to fit the factory mags better, or made an add-on piece that sit flush. They haven’t said a word about coming out with their own mag so it’ll probably be years if it happens.
Link Posted: 11/18/2018 5:37:45 PM EDT
[#16]
No problem at all. I am happy to see that that piece can be removed.

Still wish someine with the bullpup and a tape measure would be able to measure LOP for me;)
Link Posted: 11/18/2018 6:53:47 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
My bad. I’d always thought that was a coupler, never knew the mag body was one piece.
I’d read another post about a mag that failed and I’d assumed this ‘coupler’ was the part that broke.

I do kinda wish HTA had made their bullpup magwell to fit the factory mags better, or made an add-on piece that sit flush. They haven’t said a word about coming out with their own mag so it’ll probably be years if it happens.
View Quote
Allegedly/"rumor has it..." that Redball and HTA are going to collaborate on exactly that. Nothing official from either, so who knows. I hope it happens.

Failing that, milling out the receiver to accept wider mags and moving the trigger linkage is an option. The HTA stock is friendlier to work with than the factory stock in terms of extra space in the magwell, so I've been holding off for now... still waiting on my e-mail to buy a stock.
Link Posted: 11/20/2018 8:04:27 PM EDT
[#18]
Well now THAT’S interesting.
Redball spent a lot of time testing their mags and worked closely with Hi Point to ensure no issues.
So if HTA and Redball are pairing up, we could see something in the near future. Since Redball has already been down that path.
Link Posted: 12/5/2018 11:18:01 PM EDT
[#19]
How shootable is this thing left handed?
Link Posted: 12/7/2018 5:40:56 AM EDT
[#20]
The only thing keeping me from buying a high point has been their proprietary single stack mags. I've been tempted to buy a .45 because I could adapt 1911 mags to fit it and there are 1911 drums.

I've always thought if only they could make it take Glock mags they'd surely be the best selling guns in America.
Link Posted: 12/15/2018 11:10:39 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
The only thing keeping me from buying a high point has been their proprietary single stack mags. I've been tempted to buy a .45 because I could adapt 1911 mags to fit it and there are 1911 drums.

I've always thought if only they could make it take Glock mags they'd surely be the best selling guns in America.
View Quote
I really don't know why they havent done this
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 11:55:01 AM EDT
[#22]
That is pretty cool for a Hi-Point.  Too bad they don't make a drum magazine for it.
Link Posted: 12/20/2018 12:18:04 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:  The only thing keeping me from buying a high point has been their proprietary single stack mags. I've been tempted to buy a .45 because I could adapt 1911 mags to fit it and there are 1911 drums.

View Quote
I adapted my .45 pistol & carbine to take 1911 mags w/ the Thingmeister mag catch.  Unfortunately, the mag catch on the bullpup stock is different, I understand.  OP, next time you take it apart, would you post pics of the mag catch?  I'd like to learn if the Thingmeister catch can be adapted to the bullpup.

Some folks have taken the 1911 drums and cut the HiPoint mag catch notch into the mag, which would allow a drum on the bullpup.
Link Posted: 12/31/2018 7:40:49 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Can anyone that has one of these give me a measurement from the face of the trigger to the buttpad?
View Quote
15 1/2 inches.
Link Posted: 12/31/2018 9:46:06 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
15 1/2 inches.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
15 1/2 inches.
Well thank you very much, I had given up hope!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top