Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 9/18/2018 7:25:40 PM EDT
$712 for members

Best price I've seen and I've been looking since they hit the market. Ordered mine a few minutes ago.
Link Posted: 9/24/2018 8:49:43 PM EDT
[#1]
I picked one up today, never even seen or held one but i like it from the info i read from other gunnies!
Link Posted: 9/24/2018 9:30:30 PM EDT
[#2]
Too bad it is still a Kel Tec
Link Posted: 9/24/2018 9:33:17 PM EDT
[#3]
I got mine today. I like what I see so far.

GD thread
Link Posted: 9/24/2018 9:57:56 PM EDT
[#4]
This thread needs pics
Link Posted: 9/24/2018 10:04:32 PM EDT
[#5]

That Sparc probably needs to be moved back. I was just playing around after I reassembled it.

The AR has a 7.5" barrel.
Link Posted: 9/24/2018 10:21:56 PM EDT
[#6]
I decided to buy one as well. When you installed your mount for the can, did you remove the locknut? I am thinking it would need to be removed so the muzzle device tightens to the shoulder of the barrel, but wasn't totally sure.

Also what do you think of the Sparc AR? I am looking for a red dot currently. Still undecided.
Link Posted: 9/24/2018 10:40:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I decided to buy one as well. When you installed your mount for the can, did you remove the locknut? I am thinking it would need to be removed so the muzzle device tightens to the shoulder of the barrel, but wasn't totally sure.

Also what do you think of the Sparc AR? I am looking for a red dot currently. Still undecided.
View Quote
We discussed that in my other thread. Suppressor manufacturers don't want you adding tolerances to the equation. On the other hand, as it sits, I've got exposed threads inside the can. This will cake up and make it difficult to remove the can. I'm probably going to run the lock nut and see how it goes.

There Sparc is decent, I'm planning on getting a PA Cyclops for this gun though
Link Posted: 9/24/2018 11:07:14 PM EDT
[#8]
anybody have a code for free shipping? I unsubscribed from their intolerable emails.

ETA: never mind, shipping was free.
Link Posted: 9/25/2018 1:19:12 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

We discussed that in my other thread. Suppressor manufacturers don't want you adding tolerances to the equation. On the other hand, as it sits, I've got exposed threads inside the can. This will cake up and make it difficult to remove the can. I'm probably going to run the lock nut and see how it goes.

There Sparc is decent, I'm planning on getting a PA Cyclops for this gun though
View Quote
Thanks for the response. I don't recognize that can, is it a direct thread can? I bought a 51t AAC muzzle device that I plan to install. I started a ticket with Kel-Tec and asked about the lock nut and I just now realized they responded with "Do not use the jam nut." No other information beyond that. I guess I will see how the AAC muzzle device installs and go from there.

I am also checking out the PA Cyclops 1x as well.
Link Posted: 9/25/2018 3:05:27 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Thanks for the response. I don't recognize that can, is it a direct thread can? I bought a 51t AAC muzzle device that I plan to install. I started a ticket with Kel-Tec and asked about the lock nut and I just now realized they responded with "Do not use the jam nut." No other information beyond that. I guess I will see how the AAC muzzle device installs and go from there.

I am also checking out the PA Cyclops 1x as well.
View Quote
It's a liberty Cosmic. I'm using a direct thread mount there, but there are adapters for most muzzle devices.
Link Posted: 9/29/2018 5:50:24 PM EDT
[#11]
Ordered one myself, should hit FFL late next week...with any luck.
Link Posted: 9/29/2018 5:52:18 PM EDT
[#12]
Shot mine for the first time today.

60 rounds of Wolf Gold and a handful of 64g Gold Dots. No problems.
Link Posted: 9/29/2018 5:55:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Cool, I stuck mine in a range bag with 5 loaded mags. Then it started raining, lol.
Link Posted: 9/29/2018 6:05:46 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
This thread needs pics
View Quote
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 9/29/2018 8:14:05 PM EDT
[#15]
Attachment Attached File

Next to my el cheapo AR build. Super pumped to shoot it tomorrow.

ETA: noticed that the reports of USGI mags easily falling out were true. Even the slightest bump causes my metal mags to drop.... which really worried me, honestly. PMAGS and Troy battlemags, however, require a lot more force to drop.

Guess I have a new excuse to stock up on more PMAGS.
Link Posted: 9/29/2018 9:28:32 PM EDT
[#16]
Well here comes another rifle, seriously if AR15.com went away I could retire early
Link Posted: 9/29/2018 9:31:18 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/363988/ABA92361-2177-4956-94A3-AC1A3757A3B2-687572.JPG

ETA: noticed that the reports of USGI mags easily falling out were true. Even the slightest bump causes my metal mags to drop.... which really worried me, honestly. PMAGS and Troy battlemags, however, require a lot more force to drop.

View Quote
What is the verdict on Lancer mags?
Link Posted: 9/29/2018 9:32:26 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/363988/ABA92361-2177-4956-94A3-AC1A3757A3B2-687572.JPG

View Quote
I read something about the mag catch being too wide for usgi mags. Supposedly you can open the notch up on the mag and it's fine. I don't use them, so haven't really looked into it.
Link Posted: 9/29/2018 9:33:01 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I’m sorry to say that I don’t have any to test. Maybe someone else could chime in?
Link Posted: 9/29/2018 9:33:08 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote
Only the purple ones fit.
Link Posted: 9/29/2018 9:36:10 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Darn, all I have is the smoke ones
Link Posted: 9/29/2018 9:41:08 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote
Didn't use any of the Lancers shooting today, but just tried one and it seats fine and ejects just fine too.
Link Posted: 9/29/2018 9:43:55 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Didn't use any of the Lancers shooting today, but just tried one and it seats fine and ejects just fine too.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thank you.
Link Posted: 9/29/2018 10:19:03 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I read something about the mag catch being too wide for usgi mags. Supposedly you can open the notch up on the mag and it's fine. I don't use them, so haven't really looked into it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I’ve read that too. Totally fine with only using PMAGS with this rifle.
Link Posted: 9/30/2018 9:31:12 AM EDT
[#25]
Being recently interested in bullpups I went to the Sportsman's Guide website to look at the RDB and I ended up leaving after ordering a Steyr AUG A3 M1 from them instead.
Link Posted: 9/30/2018 10:08:24 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Being recently interested in bullpups I went to the Sportsman's Guide website to look at the RDB and I ended up leaving after ordering a Steyr AUG A3 M1 from them instead.
View Quote
Nice! How much were those going for?
Link Posted: 9/30/2018 10:15:39 AM EDT
[#27]
Let us know how it goes.

Really wish I had more time yesterday. Only had time to sight in the Cyclops and get ~65 rounds down range.
Link Posted: 9/30/2018 11:04:45 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Nice! How much were those going for?
View Quote
$2100 for the 3x optic model which is what I got. Must have been low stock or something as it sold out shortly after I ordered. Not a deal or anything at that price point but the 4pay option softens the blow.
Link Posted: 9/30/2018 12:04:20 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View Quote
That's not a bad choice.... My buddy's msar is what for me interested in bullpups.
Link Posted: 9/30/2018 12:13:40 PM EDT
[#30]
Curious what every ones gas setting is set at. Mine came 17+ clicks from gas closed.

Dialed it down some and found the Wolf Gold short stroked at 14 clicks and started cycling at 15. Pretty much the same with the 64g Gold Dots.
Set it back to 17 where I will leave it until I put the Omega on.

I'll admit that I really didn't clean and lube it before shooting as well as I'd liked. Also, like an idiot, I dry fired it when it I had it broken down. Thank God it doesn't appear as if anything broke/cracked.
Link Posted: 9/30/2018 1:12:08 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Curious what every ones gas setting is set at. Mine came 17+ clicks from gas closed.

Dialed it down some and found the Wolf Gold short stroked at 14 clicks and started cycling at 15. Pretty much the same with the 64g Gold Dots.
Set it back to 17 where I will leave it until I put the Omega on.

I'll admit that I really didn't clean and lube it before shooting as well as I'd liked. Also, like an idiot, I dry fired it when it I had it broken down. Thank God it doesn't appear as if anything broke/cracked.
View Quote
Mine came 4 clicks counter-clockwise from the fully closed position, if that makes sense.
Link Posted: 9/30/2018 1:20:40 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Mine came 4 clicks counter-clockwise from the fully closed position, if that makes sense.
View Quote
Makes perfect sense, but only 4 clicks and it didn't short stroke? I know it's easy to get confused when trying to explain what direction you are turning the knob.

Reading up, I'm seeing it all over the place. Some say they only have 20 total clicks. I think I either have 30 or 35.
Link Posted: 9/30/2018 1:40:09 PM EDT
[#33]
Wanted to see one close up before I bought and checked them out a gun show today, they were all $900 to over $1K so I ordered it from Sportsman Guide. I've been wanting a bullpup for several years and this rifle won out over IWI and DT's for the following.

1. Weight
2. Nitride barrel, that really matters to me.
3. Suppressed performance. Reviews show this rifle handles gas better than most rifles since it ejects downwards.
4. Cost. IWI and DT's bullpups are more than double the cost of a RDB.

I'm going to order a magwell for it. Need to decide on optics, maybe a Holosun.

https://www.keltecweapons.com/rdb-magwell

Link Posted: 9/30/2018 1:54:23 PM EDT
[#34]
I had one and loved it.  It quickly became the bedside gun due to the great trigger, being quieter than an AR, super lightweight, super short, etc. However, I got tired of waiting for a new handguard and fancy parts to fix it up, so I sold it to get a 300blk AR.  Anyway.  I just bought another ($700 is a great deal), and I'm gonna sell the 300blk to pay for it and buy more ammo.

I DO think you'll find you need a LOWER optic mount if you use a micro/holosun.  For me, cowitness was a bit too high (and 1/3rd was way too high); however, most of the low mounts were too low.  I got the LARUE HK mount for a Micro T2 (or a holosun), and it was perfect.  I suppose if the optic was bigger than 24mm or whatever micro's are, then it could probably get by with cowitness...so the Primary Arms may feel fine in height.

NOTE:  everyone who buys one needs to email M*CARBO, HBI, Manticore, Midwest, etc., asking for a thin, aesthetically pleasing m-lok handguard, and maybe some beefed up parts like a metal trigger, which just feel better even if the strength isn't needed.  :)
Link Posted: 9/30/2018 2:42:43 PM EDT
[#35]
I put a Primary Arms 1x Cyclops on mine and it works well for me with the base it came with.
Link Posted: 9/30/2018 2:51:35 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Makes perfect sense, but only 4 clicks and it didn't short stroke? I know it's easy to get confused when trying to explain what direction you are turning the knob.

Reading up, I'm seeing it all over the place. Some say they only have 20 total clicks. I think I either have 30 or 35.
View Quote
I should have mentioned that I just got the gun yesterday and haven't shot it yet. I plan to run it with a suppressor which I am picking up in the next week or so, and would rather wait for the can and then fine tune the gas system. Mine has about 20 total clicks of adjustment.

As for optics, I bought a Sig Romeo 5 which has what appears to be an absolute co-witness mount. It's the perfect height for me on the RDB. I suspect anything absolute co-witness should work fine for most. If it's lower 1/3rd it may be a bit too high.
Link Posted: 9/30/2018 3:54:28 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Let us know how it goes.

Really wish I had more time yesterday. Only had time to sight in the Cyclops and get ~65 rounds down range.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Let us know how it goes.

Got it sighted in today.

I took it apart and cleaned/lubed everything last night. Didn’t mess with the gas settings at all and had no problems with cycling M193. I switched over to Brown Bear, and immediately ran into issues. I turned the gas dial one click right (clockwise) and noticed a huge difference in felt recoil. From that point on, everything ran perfectly fine. Hopefully I won’t have any issues shooting more powerful loads at this setting?

USGI mags worked for the first couple rounds of each mag, but then would just fall out without touching the mag release. No problems though with PMAGS or Troys.

Didn’t get awesome groups at 100yds, but I wasn’t trying all that hard either... mainly focused on function and getting it on paper.

Overall, very happy. I have a feeling it will be making it out to the range with me for a long time... as long as the firing pin doesn’t break.
Link Posted: 9/30/2018 4:07:54 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I had one and loved it.  It quickly became the bedside gun due to the great trigger, being quieter than an AR, super lightweight, super short, etc. However, I got tired of waiting for a new handguard and fancy parts to fix it up, so I sold it to get a 300blk AR.  Anyway.  I just bought another ($700 is a great deal), and I'm gonna sell the 300blk to pay for it and buy more ammo.

I DO think you'll find you need a LOWER optic mount if you use a micro/holosun.  For me, cowitness was a bit too high (and 1/3rd was way too high); however, most of the low mounts were too low.  I got the LARUE HK mount for a Micro T2 (or a holosun), and it was perfect.  I suppose if the optic was bigger than 24mm or whatever micro's are, then it could probably get by with cowitness...so the Primary Arms may feel fine in height.

NOTE:  everyone who buys one needs to email M*CARBO, HBI, Manticore, Midwest, etc., asking for a thin, aesthetically pleasing m-lok handguard, and maybe some beefed up parts like a metal trigger, which just feel better even if the strength isn't needed.  :)
View Quote
@Manticore_Arms

What do you think Sven?
Link Posted: 9/30/2018 9:28:59 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Got it sighted in today.

I took it apart and cleaned/lubed everything last night. Didn’t mess with the gas settings at all and had no problems with cycling M193. I switched over to Brown Bear, and immediately ran into issues. I turned the gas dial one click right (clockwise) and noticed a huge difference in felt recoil. From that point on, everything ran perfectly fine. Hopefully I won’t have any issues shooting more powerful loads at this setting?

USGI mags worked for the first couple rounds of each mag, but then would just fall out without touching the mag release. No problems though with PMAGS or Troys.

Didn’t get awesome groups at 100yds, but I wasn’t trying all that hard either... mainly focused on function and getting it on paper.

Overall, very happy. I have a feeling it will be making it out to the range with me for a long time... as long as the firing pin doesn’t break.
View Quote
Cool.

As for the firing pin, I had thought that I read that they fixed this with the newer RDBs.
Link Posted: 9/30/2018 9:56:35 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote
A slim, smaller polymer M-Lok handguard would be neat. Something like what the DT MDR uses, I think if priced right would sell well.
Link Posted: 9/30/2018 10:27:09 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Cool.

As for the firing pin, I had thought that I read that they fixed this with the newer RDBs.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Got it sighted in today.

Cool.

On another forum, some guy said that his broke with a really low round count. Supposedly a 2017 manufactured gun.

Honestly, I’m not too worried about it though.
Link Posted: 10/1/2018 7:56:47 PM EDT
[#42]
Snuck out at lunch today and was able to get another 100+ rounds down range, this time using Lancer mags. All went without a glitch.

Mixture of 75g Gold dots, XM855, and a couple PMC bronze to test the gas threshold on weak 223.

I have to say, this is by far the most enjoyable rifle I have shot in recent memory. Smooth.... triple shots on target with ease. Nice trigger.

I'm really liking this thing, and it is going to seriously cut into my ARs/AKs range time. Cant wait to suppress it.

If I can get another 3-400 issue free rounds through it, I won't hesitate having it share HD duty with my 8" 300blk.

Seriously considering picking up another one. This time in OD green.
Link Posted: 10/1/2018 9:19:06 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Snuck out at lunch today and was able to get another 100+ rounds down range, this time using Lancer mags. All went without a glitch.

Mixture of 75g Gold dots, XM855, and a couple PMC bronze to test the gas threshold on weak 223.

I have to say, this is by far the most enjoyable rifle I have shot in recent memory. Smooth.... triple shots on target with ease. Nice trigger.

I'm really liking this thing, and it is going to seriously cut into my ARs/AKs range time. Cant wait to suppress it.

If I can get another 3-400 issue free rounds through it, I won't hesitate having it share HD duty with my 8" 300blk.

Seriously considering picking up another one. This time in OD green.
View Quote
How much are the green going for?
Link Posted: 10/1/2018 9:26:33 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

How much are the green going for?
View Quote
The only place I see them in stock is at Preppers Gun Shop for $950.00.
Link Posted: 10/1/2018 10:21:26 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote
I wonder if the SG price was a blowout, or the new normal?
Link Posted: 10/1/2018 10:34:26 PM EDT
[#46]
Keep an eye on Gunbroker as well. I actually got my black RDB from Prepper Gunshop on Gunbroker for $656.00. I was about to buy it from Sportsman's Guide but decided to check GB. Glad I did.
Link Posted: 10/1/2018 10:47:29 PM EDT
[#47]
Damn!
Link Posted: 10/1/2018 11:51:31 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
A slim, smaller polymer M-Lok handguard would be neat. Something like what the DT MDR uses, I think if priced right would sell well.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There's an aluminum M-lok guard out there; I think it's full length, though
Link Posted: 10/2/2018 8:17:44 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My FFL said that my gun was less expensive than the dealer cost they paid for the one they were selling for $1000.
Link Posted: 10/2/2018 8:27:34 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

There's an aluminum M-lok guard out there; I think it's full length, though
View Quote
This one?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top