Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/6/2018 2:45:02 PM EDT
Even if you absolutely adore the gun, I’m sure there’s something you dislike about it.
Link Posted: 8/6/2018 2:57:57 PM EDT
[#1]
It’s seems way heavier  then it needs to be.
Link Posted: 8/6/2018 3:03:18 PM EDT
[#2]
It can be gassy when suppressed, and requires aftermarket solutions to fix the issue ($35ish port cover.)
Link Posted: 8/6/2018 3:11:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It can be gassy when suppressed, and requires aftermarket solutions to fix the issue ($35ish port cover.)
View Quote
I’ve read you can use silicone caulk to fix it as well if you don’t plan on ever really switching the port form one side to the other.
Link Posted: 8/6/2018 3:18:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I’ve read you can use silicone caulk to fix it as well if you don’t plan on ever really switching the port form one side to the other.
View Quote
Correct.
Link Posted: 8/6/2018 3:21:25 PM EDT
[#5]
The thick rubber butt pad.
Link Posted: 8/6/2018 3:24:40 PM EDT
[#6]
It's heavy, but it does balance well.

The stock trigger is borderline bad.  I've felt worse on ARs and 10/22s.  Geissele will fix that for you with a Lightning Bow and Super Sabra trigger pack, but bring $$$.  Bummer since a lousy AR trigger can be fixed for $50-$100 with an ALG or MBT.

They're gassy when suppressed.  The port cover sealing tricks (RTV) and gadgets (gasketed covers) help, but do not eliminate the problem.

Accuracy is not up to par with an AR of similar price.  Expect 2-3 MOA with bulk or match ammo and you won't be disappointed.

The rail height is not the same as an AR, so optic mounts designed for the AR won't work perfectly.

Aftermarket is small, but that can be said for anything that's not an AR, 10/22, Glock, or 1911.

"Wow, strat81!  That's a lot of downsides.  Why would anyone want one of these things?"

GREAT QUESTION!!  

It's not an AR.  Variety is the spice of life.  For the guy that has a baker's dozen ARs in the safe to cover any possible need, the X95 is nice just because it's different.  I can eat pizza every day, but sometimes I just want Chinese food (or a kosher hot dog and a knish, as the case may be).

It's short.  My X95 with Specwar 556K attached is as long as my unsuppressed 16" ARs.  If your gun fantasies have you clearing houses and office buildings but demanding 16" ballistics rather than SBR ballistics, a bullpup is a great choice.  Yes, an SBR will get you the same size, but then you have the concussion of an SBR, the tax stamp cost, and the hassle of transporting an SBR across state lines.  AR pistols can remedy that, but then you have a brace that may not be as comfortable as a stock and the ATF's on-again-off-again-on-again bullshit with shouldering a pistol brace.

They're fun rifles, but I wouldn't recommend one as someone's first or second 5.56 semi-auto rifle, nor would I recommend one to someone that's a bit price sensitive.
Link Posted: 8/6/2018 3:40:51 PM EDT
[#7]
I bought mine primarily to have a not-AR. It's now my go-to rifle.

I find it heavy but it balances really well. I haven't noticed the gassing as much, but I can see how that is a problem. With a 60rd drum, it's quite nice.

I'm torn on the trigger well area. I'm not sure if I like the large opening or not. I need to go shoot some more.

I think for the price it should be more accurate, but it has always done the job for me (sidekick in a Gator driving around the farm).
Link Posted: 8/6/2018 6:31:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Not having the round IDF handguard
Link Posted: 8/6/2018 8:13:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Random fliers. Other than that, I love the gun.
Link Posted: 8/6/2018 10:50:21 PM EDT
[#10]
I didn’t like the fat buttpad do that’s gone now. Besides that I don’t like the a2 grip nub thing on the pistol grip why that has spread to multiple other guns I dunno. It’s not a make or break thing but I’d rather nothing have that dumb nub. That’s all for me.
Link Posted: 8/7/2018 12:48:27 AM EDT
[#11]
I didn’t like the rubber pad but my biggest gripe about mine was the poor accuracy. I didn’t expect it to be a precision match rifle but 4 moa was a bit much. If I ever get solid conformation IWI fixed the accuracy issue I’d happily buy another.
Link Posted: 8/7/2018 1:11:24 AM EDT
[#12]
I get around 2-3moa from mine. Which is fine for me. That's pretty typical combat rifle accuracy worldwide.
Link Posted: 8/7/2018 8:16:32 AM EDT
[#13]
I had one of the very 1st ones. I tried every type of ammo, I strapped it to a sled. It just never got better than 4moa. Which sucked because it did everything else very well.
Link Posted: 8/7/2018 9:52:00 AM EDT
[#14]
The buttpad.  Get a pinned fh, go to flat buttpad.  Moves the weight a little closer to your body.

The curved buttpad helps but isn't quite as good.
Link Posted: 8/7/2018 4:47:22 PM EDT
[#15]
I really like the X95, but here's what I don't like...
- US handguard, the round Israeli is so much better
- Accuracy, acceptable, but I'm spoiled from shooting AR's
- Big goofy rubber buttpad, the 18" BBL'ed version is the better way to go so you can put the slim Israeli butt plate on without dealing w/ pinning and welding.
Link Posted: 8/7/2018 6:54:31 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote
YES.
Link Posted: 8/15/2018 12:23:49 AM EDT
[#17]
I really like mine. I went with the Manticore Arms Buttpad because I didn’t want to pin and weld it for the flat buttpad. I was hitting a steel gong at 100 yards away this past weekend with the X95. It was more comfortable to shoot than my friends ARs or his Sig 556 SWAT, although I do miss those rifles and I wish Sig still made the 556 series of rifles.
Link Posted: 8/15/2018 12:24:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Worst dislike:  the infamous X95 suppressor fart... right to the face.

I'm not thrilled with the accuracy, though it does shoot very well off hand.  Could stand to be a bit lighter, but it's still very well balanced.
Link Posted: 8/15/2018 3:56:11 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote
I TOO CONCUR.
Link Posted: 8/18/2018 10:37:13 PM EDT
[#20]
The butpad, and I really dont like cleaning it that much, It just feels kind of awkward, but the good thing is you dont have to clean it too thouroughly or often..
Link Posted: 9/1/2018 11:33:47 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 9/1/2018 11:37:06 PM EDT
[#22]
Two things: first the chamber is really tight. Hand ejecting rounds can be hard. Almost have to beat on the charging handle to clear the chamber.
Second the factory rail is a bit low compared to the stock. I have an acog on mine and I have to jam my cheek down to get a good sight picture.
Link Posted: 9/2/2018 7:37:45 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Two things: first the chamber is really tight. Hand ejecting rounds can be hard. Almost have to beat on the charging handle to clear the chamber.
Second the factory rail is a bit low compared to the stock. I have an acog on mine and I have to jam my cheek down to get a good sight picture.
View Quote
Try putting the acog on a lower third co witness height mount.

That put my sight at a level comparable to an absolute co witness height on an AR.
Link Posted: 9/4/2018 9:18:35 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote
That doesn't sound right.
Link Posted: 9/4/2018 2:14:14 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I have called iwi about it and they said they have a tight chamber. I have also seen people in matches have to mortar their x95 just to get the chambered round out. It always shoots and ejects 100% though
Link Posted: 9/4/2018 2:27:42 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Even if you absolutely adore the gun, I’m sure there’s something you dislike about it.
View Quote
The factory AUG cutlass style grip doesn't work on the X95 like it does the AUG.

The AUG uses a sliding trigger.

The X95 uses a hinged trigger --> my middle finger slips behind the trigger.

Link Posted: 9/4/2018 2:34:45 PM EDT
[#27]
I love everything about it except for 1 thing. It isn’t quite as accurate as a good AR.  It is great for CQB.
Link Posted: 9/4/2018 2:51:34 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

The factory AUG cutlass style grip doesn't work on the X95 like it does the AUG.

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/IMG_3720.jpg
View Quote
@spydercomonkey

Have you tried one of these?
Link Posted: 9/4/2018 3:26:17 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

@spydercomonkey

Have you tried one of these?
View Quote
I ended up selling mine when I needed to pay the bills, but that was the plan if I had kept mine.
Link Posted: 9/7/2018 1:26:07 AM EDT
[#30]
I would like the safety a little higher up.

Would have preferred longer barrel with shorter buttpad to meet over all length.

I liked the original Tavor SAR magazine release better.

Would prefer the rail a little higher, like the MI rail.

I love the rifle and have had no problems, but over 20 years of using the M16/AR15 platform have left the AR feeling more natural than the X95 in every aspect.
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 6:20:36 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
It’s seems way heavier  then it needs to be.
View Quote
I felt the same.   Its not too heavy, but I was quite surprised the first time I shouldered one.   Sure is short and handy though.
Link Posted: 10/11/2018 3:49:58 PM EDT
[#32]
Still no SBR available.  
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 7:18:02 PM EDT
[#33]
I took mine out today for a second chance shoot, because I thought about trading it for a nice AR. Well, I'm hooked. At this time, I have no complaints. Haven't taken it out far enough to really test it's accuracy. I use a vertical grip, so not sure about the gripes on the handguard. The trigger works for me, but I'm sure if I got to try an upgrade, I'd like it. It's super fun. Kinda shoots like my 5.56 AK SBR. The higher top rail height is perfect for my red dot. Matter of fact, I'm already shopping for higher bases for my AR red dots. I shot about 300 flawless, unsupressed rounds through it today. Love it! EDIT: The bolt release sucks.
Link Posted: 10/20/2018 9:33:09 PM EDT
[#34]
The bolt release should be like the Tavor 7. Other than that I love mine.  It shoots 2 inch groups, which surprised me after all the YouTube vids about 3-4 moa.
Link Posted: 11/13/2018 11:47:38 PM EDT
[#35]
If I hadn't owned an AR15 prior, I would likely wouldn't now. :)  Big fan of the design.
Link Posted: 11/24/2018 7:25:11 AM EDT
[#36]
I wish someone would make a factory length mlok handguard.
Link Posted: 11/24/2018 11:05:04 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2016/07/IMG_3720.jpg
View Quote
I would like to see an adaptor that lets your hand rest naturally lower on the grip vs riding so high. A lower beavertail or spacer would make a more comfortable grip
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top