Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 7/5/2018 8:06:39 AM EDT
I've managed to strip the head of the grub screw which fits inside the barrel lock plunger.

The grub screw had a much shallower flathead slot than is featured on the typical screw, roughly around 1/6th as deep. I wonder if that's an anti-tamper feature? It's an AUG-Z which is a Euro equivalent to the USR, with some differences. Luckily have a complete rebuild kit for the QR mechanism, so all the replacements parts are on-hand, I just need the existing plunger out. With the head of the grub screw stripped, are there any options other than drilling the screw out?

Thanks.
Link Posted: 7/5/2018 10:53:54 AM EDT
[#1]
You're going to have to drill through the pin that retains the plunger. The only way to do that is straight through the grub screw. Once you kill the grub screw, your pin will drop out, but likely will need to be pulled out with pliers. The barrel release cavity will have a bit of metal shavings that will need to be cleaned out.

A couple of us have already done what you're about to do. It's not too hard to do, just take it slowly...

Link Posted: 7/6/2018 3:34:26 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
You're going to have to drill through the pin that retains the plunger. The only way to do that is straight through the grub screw. Once you kill the grub screw, your pin will drop out, but likely will need to be pulled out with pliers. The barrel release cavity will have a bit of metal shavings that will need to be cleaned out.

A couple of us have already done what you're about to do. It's not too hard to do, just take it slowly...
View Quote
Thank you. I got it removed without too much trouble.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top