Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/20/2018 10:46:50 AM EDT
Thinking about bullpups the other day and I remembered not buying a Bushie m17 way back when new for six hundred or so, one of those not-buys that always irks me.  Well, twenty years later ans I've yet to buy a bullpup but always try to stay up on them.  With K&M making what appears to be a vastly improved model is it worthwhile considering it costs as much or a few bucks more than a X95?  Also, with all the talk about the Desert Tech fiasco and thr impending T7, any reason these .308 buyers haven't given the K&M a try?
Link Posted: 6/20/2018 11:18:47 AM EDT
[#1]
I have one in 5.56.  Very nice, well built, accurate bullpup with a GREAT trigger.
Link Posted: 6/20/2018 10:20:11 PM EDT
[#2]
I have one in 5.56 as well. I love mine. Ken has been exceptional since I have an early one.
I believe they now have an adjustable gas block on the 5.56 and I know the 7.62 comes with one.

You might consider making it out to the bullpup shoot in IL if at all possible.
Link Posted: 7/3/2018 4:52:11 PM EDT
[#3]
They are local so I've had the chance to fondle one a couple times.  They do indeed have great triggers for a bullpup.

I honestly don't know why they aren't more popular as pretty much all reviews speak highly of them.

I just graduated so once I land a job and get settled in I'm going to pick one up for sure.  I've been wanting to get one for years now and the desire hasn't gone away.
Link Posted: 7/3/2018 5:28:24 PM EDT
[#4]
I have a post ban Bushmaster. It's a fundamentally sound design, if one that doesn't lend itself readily to modernization. With the better trigger, metal AR grip compatible lower, triangle bolt, and FF barrel, I think it's worth a buy if you have a taste for something different.
Link Posted: 7/3/2018 8:53:18 PM EDT
[#5]
I vote overpriced relic.  I had one when they first came out, and thought it was a craptastic bulky hunk of square section aluminum.  I already had an AUG-SA so maybe that jaded my view of the Bushmaster back then.  Now, with the more modern AUG A3s, Tavors, RDB and RFBs out, I see no need to try an “improved” M17.
Link Posted: 7/17/2018 12:18:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Got mine shortly after the sunset of the AWB. Inside, it is basically the AR-180 gas piston design that the Brits stole to make their L85/SA80.

Years later, I paid K&M to paint it green; change the charging handle, give me a new lighter trigger, remove the carry handle and give me rails on top, bottom, and one side; put some aesthetically pleasing cooling holes that also lightened it up, and a few other modernizing touches.

Great alternative to your every day AR-15. Long and accurate 21.5 barrel will ring all the speed out of your ammo while having a short, handy package.
Link Posted: 7/17/2018 12:51:46 AM EDT
[#7]
I never much cared for the M17S, but the  K&M model is certainly nice compared to the original models.

I personally didn't care for how it shouldered, and in AZ heat, the receiver got uncomfortably hot after about two mags. I'm also not one for light triggers, so the trigger was a nuisance for me with my tremors. Couldn't wring out any decent accuracy.

I'd be interested in the .308 model for no better reason than checking out more .308 pups.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top