Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 7/7/2018 11:03:26 PM EDT
[#1]
I just got a 995TS.  I’m seriously considering ordering one of the HTA stocks and I haven’t even gotten the 995 to the range yet. It looks awesome and makes the gun look a lot more refined.
Link Posted: 7/7/2018 11:23:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Saw a 10x25mm Norma carbine @ the gun show today for $360.
Link Posted: 7/8/2018 8:03:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

They're selling to the general public now, did your preorder email from a month+ ago end up in your spam?
View Quote
Where are they selling to the public? Their website still says ‘coming soon’ and all the recent recipients of the HTA bullpup stocks on the Hi Point forum are posting they purchased them thru a private invite.

HTA estimated last month that it would probably be end of the summer before they run thru the pre-order list.
Link Posted: 7/9/2018 12:36:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I just got a 995TS.  I’m seriously considering ordering one of the HTA stocks and I haven’t even gotten the 995 to the range yet. It looks awesome and makes the gun look a lot more refined.
View Quote
I have a lot of 9mm carbines, its a thing with me....  My 995TS got little range time as my other higher cost PCC's were just sleeker firearms and all. Then I got this stock and all that changed. The HTA stock makes the 995 into a "looker". But, that is not the most important part. With the great buffer system of the HTA stock the 995 becomes a very smooth shooting PCC. If you have shot many 9mm PCC's that are blow back you know they have a high perceived recoil. Most of that is due to that big heavy bolt slamming into the back of the receiver. The smart guys at HTA designed in a very nice buffer system into this stock that lowers the recoil impulse by something like 40%. Its an amazing difference and really makes this firearm much more fun to shoot.

But....forget the technical stuff.....this is one space age looking piece that gets a LOT of attention at the range.   Now, just get me some fat double stack 20 or 30 round magazines!!!
Link Posted: 7/9/2018 10:15:41 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted: But....forget the technical stuff.....this is one space age looking piece that gets a LOT of attention at the range.   Now, just get me some fat double stack 20 or 30 round magazines!!!
View Quote
Get the .45 and the RedBall coffin mags.
Link Posted: 7/9/2018 10:45:23 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Get the .45 and the RedBall coffin mags.
View Quote
According to some comments on their Facebook page, they're also going to be making double-to-single stack 10x25mm mags pretty soon, and possibly 9x19mm in the same style in addition to the single stack long version.
Link Posted: 7/9/2018 1:38:46 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Where are they selling to the public? Their website still says ‘coming soon’ and all the recent recipients of the HTA bullpup stocks on the Hi Point forum are posting they purchased them thru a private invite.

HTA estimated last month that it would probably be end of the summer before they run thru the pre-order list.
View Quote
https://www.hightowerarmory.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=HTAMBS95

If I'm reading it correctly, says ships withing 24 hours.
Link Posted: 7/10/2018 11:25:06 AM EDT
[#8]
That's not how I'm reading it, says 'Coming Soon' and 'Add To Wish list'. No option to actually put it in a cart & buy it. That's how that page has looked since they were first released for early purchase thru an email invite.

I wish you were correct, I'm still waiting for an email for an early purchase. Rumor has it that they're $250 now but will jump up $20 or $30 bucks for general sale.
Link Posted: 7/10/2018 1:01:03 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

According to some comments on their Facebook page, they're also going to be making double-to-single stack 10x25mm mags pretty soon, and possibly 9x19mm in the same style in addition to the single stack long version.
View Quote
If they do 9mm ones same style this will probably be my next purchase. Call me a snob but the current looking 20 they do is long and ugly to my sense of aesthetic.
Link Posted: 7/10/2018 4:28:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
That's not how I'm reading it, says 'Coming Soon' and 'Add To Wish list'. No option to actually put it in a cart & buy it. That's how that page has looked since they were first released for early purchase thru an email invite.
View Quote
Dang, you're right.  Guess I didn't read the small details.  IM inbound.
Link Posted: 7/11/2018 9:50:58 AM EDT
[#11]
I think it was a year ago I put my name on the list, and there's people saying they signed up earlier than that, still waiting.
The first drawing & teaser on their facebook page dates back to Oct. 2016 so I'm betting it's a LONG list.
Link Posted: 7/11/2018 4:19:35 PM EDT
[#12]
I got my stock and immediately went to Coastal and got a 995TS asap. The assembly process is very easy and I installed a Vortex crossfire and Magpul MBUS flip-ups, a Strike Industries Fwd. Slant grip and the Hi-Point sling.
I couldn't wait to get to the range and shoot it and I am pleasantly surprised at how well it shoots and how much fun this gun really is.

I added a piece of self-adhesive foam for a cheekpad and I could easily shoot hundreds of rounds through this thing all day long, I really like it.
If anyone is doubting it one bit, go get one on order and get your hi-point ready. This isn't just a "fun gun" but it will quickly become a "go to" gun and a favorite general purpose blaster.
Everyone literally freaks out when they see it so the "cool factor" is there and the range members all were very curious with all the usual questions.
It is fun, cheap to shoot and easy to assemble. You really cannot go wrong with this thing.
Link Posted: 7/11/2018 10:18:00 PM EDT
[#13]
There are apparently two versions of the High Tower web page. One shows coming soon for the stock, the other lets one order it.

I was never on the waiting list. I ordered a stock from the web page today and already got the shipping notification.
Link Posted: 7/12/2018 12:44:51 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
There are apparently two versions of the High Tower web page. One shows coming soon for the stock, the other lets one order it.

I was never on the waiting list. I ordered a stock from the web page today and already got the shipping notification.
View Quote
Yes your correct. Someone must have given you the order URL that HTA sent to the people on the waiting list.
Link Posted: 7/12/2018 1:16:52 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Possibly due to their plans to try to make a future double stack, they're not using the HiPoint mag catch - so the ThingMeister isn't a direct replacement.

The new 20 rnd RedBall .45 mags are coffin-type double stacks, indicating that what HighTower is envisioning may be possible.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Ah. Thanks. Kind of surprising.
Possibly due to their plans to try to make a future double stack, they're not using the HiPoint mag catch - so the ThingMeister isn't a direct replacement.

The new 20 rnd RedBall .45 mags are coffin-type double stacks, indicating that what HighTower is envisioning may be possible.
I seen those Redball 45ACP magazines, and I lost interest in a 1911 conversion.
Link Posted: 7/12/2018 10:30:35 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I seen those Redball 45ACP magazines, and I lost interest in a 1911 conversion.
View Quote
I like just buying one kind of .45 mag.  1911 mags are everywhere, and they not only fit in my HiPoint pistol and carbine, but my 1911 as well.  There's a 1911 mag adapter out for the AR; I've heard the Kahr .45s take 1911 mags too.
Link Posted: 7/12/2018 3:31:04 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Yes your correct. Someone must have given you the order URL that HTA sent to the people on the waiting list.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No one gave me the link. However, when I googled the stock to see if it was available one of the results was the order page. So, I ordered.
Link Posted: 7/12/2018 7:57:44 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

No one gave me the link. However, when I googled the stock to see if it was available one of the results was the order page. So, I ordered.
View Quote
Cant blame you. I'd do the same.
Link Posted: 7/13/2018 5:42:02 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

https://www.hightowerarmory.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=HTAMBS95

If I'm reading it correctly, says ships withing 24 hours.
View Quote
Yep.  Got my OD green within 3 business days of ordering.  Super fast shipping.

A few observations:
1.  Upper and lower are very tight.  Once taken off, I applied silicone lubricant along the rails.  Did not seem to do much though.  As when I tried  to take it off again, I couldn't.  I placed a long screwdriver across the topmost M-lok slots and smashed the screwdriver handle against the work table to jar it loose (rifle pointing upwards).  Worked well, did not seem to mar the finish.  This made me appreciate Hi-Point's lever action locking system.  Ungainly, but effective.
2.  Upper and bottom rails have very sharp edges.  I plan to cover the bottom rail with Magpul handstop.
3.  The mag release requires a lot of force and requires one to push the release button all the way in to hear the eject click/mag drop.  I could not do so with one hand.  I had to use my left hand to brace the rifle backwards while pushing with my right index.  Does anybody else have this issue?  Other than this, everything else seem to work perfectly.
Link Posted: 7/15/2018 12:20:16 PM EDT
[#20]
My stock arrived in the mail yesterday.  It looks fantastic but I probably won't have time to try and install it on my 995TS until next weekend.
Link Posted: 7/16/2018 9:46:13 AM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 7/21/2018 9:36:46 PM EDT
[#22]
I finally got my carbine into the stock today. Now I just need to make it to the range and see how it runs. The stock is very well done and a huge improvement over the factory stock. I also finally found a use for the goofy backup sights that came with my ARX100.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/26/2018 12:39:46 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I got my stock and immediately went to Coastal and got a 995TS asap. The assembly process is very easy and I installed a Vortex crossfire and Magpul MBUS flip-ups, a Strike Industries Fwd. Slant grip and the Hi-Point sling.
I couldn't wait to get to the range and shoot it and I am pleasantly surprised at how well it shoots and how much fun this gun really is.

I added a piece of self-adhesive foam for a cheekpad and I could easily shoot hundreds of rounds through this thing all day long, I really like it.
If anyone is doubting it one bit, go get one on order and get your hi-point ready. This isn't just a "fun gun" but it will quickly become a "go to" gun and a favorite general purpose blaster.
Everyone literally freaks out when they see it so the "cool factor" is there and the range members all were very curious with all the usual questions.
It is fun, cheap to shoot and easy to assemble. You really cannot go wrong with this thing.
View Quote
I have to agree with this 100%.  I have owned a 995TS for a long time. I had one of the original 995's with they first came out as I just wanted to see what a PPC would be like before investing a lot of money in them. Truth is I didn't shoot my 995TS much any more due to my other seven PCC's, but since putting it in that new HTA stock its been up on top of my PCC list. Its just a fun rifle and very smooth with that buffer system they put in the stock. I am looking forward to the day when the double stack magazines become avail, and they will. HTA is going to sell a ton of these stocks making a strong demand for those magazines. I can bet that when they finally get them out there will be along waiting list for those.

Love this stock and what it did for this budget rifle. Nothing is cooler or more fun for this small amount of investment.
Link Posted: 8/1/2018 8:06:19 AM EDT
[#24]
Years ago I bought my first HP carbine, a 995ts, and dropped it in an ATI stock. Made for a heavy package but the ATI wasn't flimsy like the factory HP stock.

When I bought my 4595, I noticed my POI would shift at 50 yards when I attached my bipod to the bottom rail vs just shooting from a tabletop rest. And when I got my 10mm, I mounted a TRS-25 on a hi rise mount in front of the rear sight, where there's a gap between the top poly rail and the stock/receiver cover. It flexed so much I could move my optic side-side with one finger.

Today I have a 1095 & 4595, both in MBS 95 bullpup stocks.
Link Posted: 8/1/2018 9:31:53 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:  When I bought my 4595, I noticed my POI would shift at 50 yards when I attached my bipod to the bottom rail vs just shooting from a tabletop rest. And when I got my 10mm, I mounted a TRS-25 on a hi rise mount in front of the rear sight, where there's a gap between the top poly rail and the stock/receiver cover. It flexed so much I could move my optic side-side with one finger.
View Quote
There are aftermarket aluminum top rails available for that reason.
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 1:24:00 AM EDT
[#26]
Hi-Point 4595TS carbine with High Tower Armory MBS 95 bullpup stock conversion installed:

Hi-Point 4595TS carbine in stock configuration before HTA stock was installed:

Link Posted: 9/21/2018 11:17:59 AM EDT
[#27]
Still waiting on my purchase link... the wait is now said to be 6-8 weeks, so I figure it should be coming right up. It just seems so right to put a 10mm carbine into one of these stocks!
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 7:13:49 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Hi-Point 4595TS carbine with High Tower Armory MBS 95 bullpup stock conversion installed:
(images snipped)
View Quote
Looking at this I am amazed how such a wallflower can be transformed into something so visually appealing.  It is definitely starting to ping on the "gotta have it" list...
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 7:29:44 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:  Looking at this I am amazed how such a wallflower can be transformed into something so visually appealing.  It is definitely starting to ping on the "gotta have it" list...
View Quote
Everyone should have a HiPoint pistol and carbine, if only to shoot burglars with.  You can then run a Go Fund Me to mark their final resting place,"Killed by a HiPoint."
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 8:30:49 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Everyone should have a HiPoint pistol and carbine, if only to shoot burglars with.  You can then run a Go Fund Me to mark their final resting place,"Killed by a HiPoint."
View Quote
That's just mean!
Link Posted: 9/21/2018 9:28:27 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote
I think this is the best justification I've heard!
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top