Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/31/2018 4:48:47 PM EDT
Have any of you found a better way to keep your bullpups in your safe besides laying it down taking a whole shelf or just standing it up and hope it doesnt fall over onto the other rifles? Maybe some kind of hanger or something. Would love to hear or see some ideas.
Link Posted: 5/31/2018 5:00:03 PM EDT
[#1]
I stand them up on the shelf
Link Posted: 5/31/2018 5:02:54 PM EDT
[#2]
I put mine in diagonally. It's kind of jacked up , but works well with the open space across the top of the safe
Link Posted: 5/31/2018 5:07:10 PM EDT
[#3]
I have a bunch of extra brass cleaning rods that come in cheap gun cleaning kits. I just screw a few sections together, stick them in the barrels, and use them to stand up the rifles.
Link Posted: 5/31/2018 5:20:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Wooden dowel rods in the barrels so they reach the racks.
Link Posted: 5/31/2018 5:40:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
+1
Link Posted: 5/31/2018 7:54:36 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

+1
View Quote
Im gonna try that. I think i have some too. Thanks guys
Link Posted: 5/31/2018 8:55:43 PM EDT
[#7]
I lean it in the corner.  Or put it between two longer rifles.
Link Posted: 5/31/2018 11:15:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote
An excellent idea!  Next trip to Lowe's or Home Depot, I'll snag a couple and get them rigged up.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/31/2018 11:30:56 PM EDT
[#9]
Maybe someone should build a slightly taller safe to accommodate two levels of SBR/bullpup storage.
Link Posted: 5/31/2018 11:35:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote
This is what I do, I get them from Hobby Lobby, they are effective at keeping them in their place.
Link Posted: 5/31/2018 11:51:06 PM EDT
[#11]
I have a shelf above the rifle racks where all the shorties go. It can go 7 deep.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 6/1/2018 9:01:41 PM EDT
[#13]
Rifle rods. They’re awesome. They allow for much better organization and more firearms can be stored than with traditional arrangements.
Link Posted: 6/1/2018 9:32:03 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I have a bunch of extra brass cleaning rods that come in cheap gun cleaning kits. I just screw a few sections together, stick them in the barrels, and use them to stand up the rifles.
View Quote
This, but i use thin wooden dowels
Link Posted: 6/1/2018 10:35:19 PM EDT
[#15]
Attachment Attached File

This is an old pic, I've actually added some 2x4 spacers on the bottom now so I don't need that 2x4 to hold up the AUG and my SBRs.

I'm thinking of replacing the "cabinet" with just a platform with legs so I can easily store things underneath it. Right now I have to pull out the guns to access the storage and it's a PITA.
Link Posted: 6/2/2018 11:15:20 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Rifle rods. They’re awesome. They allow for much better organization and more firearms can be stored than with traditional arrangements.
View Quote
This is what I have, eBay has them pretty cheap too. Work well.
Link Posted: 6/2/2018 11:34:28 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
View Quote
I've seen that before, so I was coming into the thread to see if people think this is a good idea or not.
Link Posted: 6/2/2018 11:56:17 AM EDT
[#18]
The "floors" that rifles sit on in my safe are actually two adjustable shelves. The left side is raised up for short rifles and has my fire resistant document safe under it, the right side sits as low as the shelf will go and has the tall rifles in it. Easy peasy.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top