Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/6/2018 11:04:59 PM EDT
So they made a rather sparse comment on their Instagram page about the NRAAM and that if you were there to stop by and ask about their new L85 project.

Well... What's the word? I was stuck in ATL and couldn't make it out to Dallas this year.  Is it going to be an a1? A2? Are they getting kits in or is this a from scratch project?

I know the L85 is is complete rubbish, even the HK fixes have some bugs, but I still want one for the same reason I have a FAL and Lee Enfield rifles. It's a heritage thing.
Link Posted: 5/6/2018 11:15:25 PM EDT
[#1]
The HMG-44 has been teased vaporwear for years, with still no signs of shipment. Yet they’re already touting this project. I badly want both. I doubt I see either, certainly any time soon.
Link Posted: 5/6/2018 11:39:44 PM EDT
[#2]
They pulled off the Cetme L thing pretty quick and painlessly. I think that was because they had parts kits to work off of. If the L85 has parts kits as well I think we have hope. It's it's a ground up build like the stg44 then who knows.
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 12:26:32 AM EDT
[#3]
I would rather seem them do a FAMAS F1 with the G2 magwell to use STANAG mags.
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 12:41:07 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote
+1 if love a stanag Famas. I wouldn’t pay for a L85.
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 12:45:54 AM EDT
[#5]
It's a running joke with them, they are not making L85's.
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 1:07:49 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote
Dam, I would have been interested in that. Always room for one more unique gun in the safe
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 2:00:41 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

+1 if love a stanag Famas. I wouldn’t pay for a L85.
View Quote
I would totally pay for an L85. And a FAMAS.
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 7:28:04 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 7:52:54 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote
So they’re not even actually looking at making them?
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 12:33:12 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Aww... don't tell me that.
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 11:32:58 PM EDT
[#11]
I wouldn't hold your breath the HMG STG 44 still hasn't shipped a single gun !

Their original shipping date issued was Fall 2015 followed by April 2016 !

So their we are still perfecting stories are bullshit , can we all say ponzi !?
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 11:36:19 PM EDT
[#12]
I don't think you know what a ponzi scheme is.

If you're suggesting that it's vaporware and that they're failing to deliver the product you paid for, then that's one thing.

But since none of the customers are getting any returns from anything they may have paid, it's not a ponzi scheme.

They do keep displaying them and going to shows so I'm guessing they're just delayed like any overly optimistic small business is prone to.
Link Posted: 5/22/2018 5:01:14 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote
Indeed.
Link Posted: 5/22/2018 6:12:34 AM EDT
[#14]
I remember when Prexis (is that even a thing still) was working on the recievers calling it the PL-85

.....And that was 10 years ago.
Link Posted: 5/22/2018 6:49:38 AM EDT
[#15]
We need the FAMAS, MP40, and SVD.

I’d own an L85, but not for what they would probably sell for.
Link Posted: 5/22/2018 9:45:40 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I don't think you know what a ponzi scheme is.

If you're suggesting that it's vaporware and that they're failing to deliver the product you paid for, then that's one thing.

But since none of the customers are getting any returns from anything they may have paid, it's not a ponzi scheme.

They do keep displaying them and going to shows so I'm guessing they're just delayed like any overly optimistic small business is prone to.
View Quote
You are correct I am mistaken .

However HMG has been creative with the truth over the intervening years and have flat out lied n other occasions.

One of the latest delays was magazine manufacturer delays , but they are on video form several years ago stating "We make them in house".

The statements of will be ready to ship fall 2015 was clearly a lie as the gun was no where ready technically.

The same old guns are seen in pictures yet never more than a handful at a time.

How close are they to release!? Well there have been multiple release dates since 2015 it's 2018 now and there is still not a single review of a pre production firing let alone finished gun.

If you are feeling generous you can say but it's a difficult project reengineering a 70 year old design. HMG made multiple false claims as to the progress of their project leaving customers waiting with no end in sight.
Link Posted: 5/23/2018 7:34:49 PM EDT
[#17]
I grabbed one of their fliers at the NRA show and fondled their rifle. Looked nice, cycled smoothly.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/23/2018 8:22:20 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 5/23/2018 11:48:32 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

However HMG has been creative with the truth over the intervening years and have flat out lied n other occasions.

One of the latest delays was magazine manufacturer delays , but they are on video form several years ago stating "We make them in house".

The statements of will be ready to ship fall 2015 was clearly a lie as the gun was no where ready technically.

How close are they to release!? Well there have been multiple release dates since 2015 it's 2018 now and there is still not a single review of a pre production firing let alone finished gun.

If you are feeling generous you can say but it's a difficult project reengineering a 70 year old design. HMG made multiple false claims as to the progress of their project leaving customers waiting with no end in sight.
View Quote
As I understand it, they will make the mags in house - once they have a proper mold from another company. We'll see what happens.
Link Posted: 5/24/2018 11:37:52 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
As I understand it, they will make the mags in house - once they have a proper mold from another company. We'll see what happens.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don’t know shit about manufacturing or molds, but they’ve been leaning on that mag excuse for a good hot minute now.
Link Posted: 5/25/2018 9:55:46 AM EDT
[#21]
And shock horror another delay in the almost ready mags in 2018 that were originally ready to ship in 2015!

Never saw that coming LOL !
Link Posted: 5/26/2018 9:11:57 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote
No, absolutely not...ZERO chance of an HMG-produced L85. The entire thing was a joke. One one of their facebook live chats they were talking about potential future projects and a person watching the video asked about L85, if HMG would make them. After an emphatic "no way in hell" response, it's become a go-to joke comment on all their subsequent videos. Somehow humor-challenged people have picked up on this and started to actually believe it's a real project.
Link Posted: 5/27/2018 3:01:27 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
No, absolutely not...ZERO chance of an HMG-produced L85. The entire thing was a joke. One one of their facebook live chats they were talking about potential future projects and a person watching the video asked about L85, if HMG would make them. After an emphatic "no way in hell" response, it's become a go-to joke comment on all their subsequent videos. Somehow humor-challenged people have picked up on this and started to actually believe it's a real project.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dunno, seems as plausible as making reproduction STG-44’s. So far they’ve shipped the same number of each.
Link Posted: 5/27/2018 4:05:26 PM EDT
[#24]
It's not really that funny of a joke.
Link Posted: 5/27/2018 7:05:31 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:Dunno, seems as plausible as making reproduction STG-44’s. So far they’ve shipped the same number of each.
View Quote
There's plenty of videos of hmg shooting their STG. The hang up is their proprietary mags, which has delayed things for months. If all you wanted to do is shoot with pmags or other stanag mags, they COULD prolly sell you an STG. They prolly won't because they want this thing to work with an stg-looking mag, but they could. Reenactors are such a big % of their buyers, I don't blame them.

I'm on the waiting list. I'd like my gun, but I'm fine the wait. I want it done right, not rushed out there in hopes that it's right. If you don't want to wait they'll prolly give you a refund.

Either way, there will never be an hmg L85...not even an official vaporware one.
Link Posted: 5/30/2018 6:42:37 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

There's plenty of videos of hmg shooting their STG. The hang up is their proprietary mags, which has delayed things for months. If all you wanted to do is shoot with pmags or other stanag mags, they COULD prolly sell you an STG. They prolly won't because they want this thing to work with an stg-looking mag, but they could. Reenactors are such a big % of their buyers, I don't blame them.

I'm on the waiting list. I'd like my gun, but I'm fine the wait. I want it done right, not rushed out there in hopes that it's right. If you don't want to wait they'll prolly give you a refund.

Either way, there will never be an hmg L85...not even an official vaporware one.
View Quote
Man you must have consumed a metric shit-ton of their Kool Aid....
Link Posted: 5/30/2018 8:32:00 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Man you must have consumed a metric shit-ton of their Kool Aid....
View Quote
How does agreeing with what/why the company is doing mean that he's "drunk the Kool-Aid"?  I think they've seen the "launch" of the MDR and decided that they want no part of that kind of publicity.
Link Posted: 5/30/2018 8:46:29 PM EDT
[#28]
I dunno what your problem is, but in America people are free to buy whatever the hell they want to buy. If you don't like it, don't buy their stuff. It's really that simple. No one that would preorder one of these cares what you think of HMG or their gun...and you're preaching to the choir for everyone else. It's a waste of time and OT to just come into the thread about a running joke non-product and bash HMG about an unrelated product. This isn't the GD.
Link Posted: 5/30/2018 9:42:20 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I dunno what your problem is, but in America people are free to buy whatever the hell they want to buy. If you don't like it, don't buy their stuff. It's really that simple. No one that would preorder one of these cares what you think of HMG or their gun...and you're preaching to the choir for everyone else. It's a waste of time and OT to just come into the thread about a running joke non-product and bash HMG about an unrelated product. This isn't the GD.
View Quote
LOL you guys are gonna go down (with HMG) like the clowns in Jonestown...
Link Posted: 5/31/2018 2:17:27 AM EDT
[#30]
Says a guy in califreakingfornia. Vaporware guns are gonna be the only kind you're allowed to have very soon, so maybe you should get on that preorder list after all. Have a nice day.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top