Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/4/2018 11:33:09 AM EDT
I'm in the market for a bullpup to round out my collection, and I'm trying to find one that will be reliable and relatively pleasant to shoot suppressed with my Sandman.

Options I've considered
- RDB: said to be a really nice host, but I'm skeptical of Keltec's build quality
- Aug: would probably need regulators and a thread adapter for my suppressor mount
- FS2000: said to be a nice host, but hard to find
- X95: supposed to be a bit gassy

Any other options I missed? Experiences you want to share about these particular guns?
Link Posted: 5/4/2018 12:16:26 PM EDT
[#1]
I run my RDB suppressed 100%.i am using their suppressor gas block because if you  don't it will beat the gun heavily on recoil. I like it. ??
Link Posted: 5/4/2018 12:21:39 PM EDT
[#2]
Is that a separate gasblock that you have to install, or are you using a suppressor specific gas setting on the stock gasblock?
Link Posted: 5/4/2018 12:22:27 PM EDT
[#3]
P90

I want an FS2000 bad....
Link Posted: 5/4/2018 1:51:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Is that a separate gasblock that you have to install, or are you using a suppressor specific gas setting on the stock gasblock?
View Quote
Separate block I bought from keltec website. Made a large difference in felt recoil. I run a aac sdn and even with that on the end the weapon is balanced enough to hold with one hand. Not front heavy. In the wild I can shoot without ear protection should I so choose. I get between 1-2 moa at 100yd and about 3 at 200yd. This with plinker ammo. Good enough for me
Link Posted: 5/4/2018 1:58:51 PM EDT
[#5]
The PS90 reportedly breaks stocks. I have one, but do not suppress it.

The AUG has a lot of gas port noise suppressed. Mine is a pinned and welded factory 14" with a custom drilled gas plug for suppressed. What it needs is a custom gas plug with smaller inlets versus bigger outlets. I used to have ambitions of modifying one, but the other ports are in bad positions to do so. Manufacturing a new gas plug for this purpose is beyond my interest at the moment.

The Tavor and X95 are too gassy unsuppressed for me to even consider. I sold my Tavor, kept the X95, but had to pin and weld the muzzle device to run the short buttpad. Suppressor adapter muzzle devices are often too large to pin and weld as the forearm has to fit over them.

My biggest hopes are on the Fs2000 as it has replaceable gas screws and no exposed near the ear ejection port. I have the gas screw assortment, but still need to send out the barrel for shortening, threading, pinning and welding. So, I have nothing to report yet.
Link Posted: 5/4/2018 2:08:20 PM EDT
[#6]
The FS2000 and the RDB are looking like the front runners, then.
Link Posted: 5/4/2018 5:43:48 PM EDT
[#7]
I've ran my AUG suppressed with an AAC Mini 4 and SDN6 and it is super loud and gassy. Currently I have a Surefire SOCOM 556 RC on my Tavor and it keeps the backpressure lower than the AAC suppressors I was running previously. So far, I'm digging the Tavor with the Surefire suppressor. I'm not a fan of running the AUG suppressed.
Link Posted: 5/4/2018 6:09:06 PM EDT
[#8]
My AUGs are louder suppressed sure than other 556 guns. But much quieter than without a can.
Link Posted: 5/4/2018 6:32:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Separate block I bought from keltec website. Made a large difference in felt recoil. I run a aac sdn and even with that on the end the weapon is balanced enough to hold with one hand. Not front heavy. In the wild I can shoot without ear protection should I so choose. I get between 1-2 moa at 100yd and about 3 at 200yd. This with plinker ammo. Good enough for me
View Quote
Are you talking about the 5.56 RDB, or the 7.62 RFB?
Link Posted: 5/4/2018 6:49:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Has to be the RFB. Kel-Tec only put out a different piston for suppressor use for the RFB.

RDB doesn't need one.
Link Posted: 5/4/2018 7:36:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
My AUGs are louder suppressed sure than other 556 guns. But much quieter than without a can.
View Quote
This. With the suppressed gas plug and my SAS Sentinel can the port noise increase is noticeable but it's not gassy enough to be objectionable, of course baffle design has a lot to do with it.
Link Posted: 5/4/2018 9:52:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Has to be the RFB. Kel-Tec only put out a different piston for suppressor use for the RFB.

RDB doesn't need one.
View Quote
Sorry,  yes it is the 308 RFB.
Link Posted: 5/4/2018 10:59:17 PM EDT
[#13]
The AUG  suppresses great when using a suppressor designed for it like the one from rat worx. It has a tube that attaches to the Gasport so that all the gases are directed through the suppressor. Mine works great.
Link Posted: 5/5/2018 11:48:02 AM EDT
[#14]
I have an FS2000, but I don't feel like dealing with the thread pattern.

The X95 shoots really well with the Surefire. Gas does leak from the sealed ejection port leaving a black line on my nose. I'm told people correct this easily with some silicone caulk. The gas has never irritated my eyes.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/5/2018 9:10:51 PM EDT
[#15]
As of now, undoubtedly the RDB.
Link Posted: 5/6/2018 12:11:06 PM EDT
[#16]
I shoot my AUG, Tavor and m17s all suppressed w/o issue and w/o ear pro on an empty range. As long as there isn't a headwind I'm good.

I use a 7.62 & 5.56 saker. On my Tavor I have the gas port cover by MI(iirc)and I tried to seal the top at the back with adhesive.
Link Posted: 5/7/2018 10:02:48 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
The FS2000 and the RDB are looking like the front runners, then.
View Quote
My FS2000 is very quiet suppressed.  I changed the gas port to the smallest size and it still cycles reliably unsuppressed as well. That big hollow stock does fill up with smoke though. Kind of funny having smoke come out the back from around the butt pad.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/8/2018 5:49:37 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
My FS2000 is very quiet suppressed.  I changed the gas port to the smallest size and it still cycles reliably unsuppressed as well.
View Quote
Do you recall what size gas screw? Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/8/2018 7:46:51 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My FS2000 is very quiet suppressed.  I changed the gas port to the smallest size and it still cycles reliably unsuppressed as well.
Link Posted: 5/11/2018 8:09:30 PM EDT
[#20]
The old Tavor (SAR21) was horribly over gassed suppressed with 5.56, enough to make my eyes water half way through a mag.

I have an X95 now and it’s quite pleasant suppressed HOWEVER it’s also a 300 blk and I’m running subs with the regulator set to super. Unfortunately they don’t include a regulator on the 5.56 version (seems like a glaring omission since they’re already making them for the blackout).
Link Posted: 6/10/2018 8:43:02 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

My FS2000 is very quiet suppressed.  I changed the gas port to the smallest size and it still cycles reliably unsuppressed as well. That big hollow stock does fill up with smoke though. Kind of funny having smoke come out the back from around the butt pad.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/77917/IMG_1441-536327.JPG
View Quote
You're making me sad that I sold the two I bought just after the CT(iirc)scene.
Link Posted: 6/14/2018 5:43:23 PM EDT
[#22]
I can highly recommend the Desert Tech SRS for suppressed usage. No gas in the face, Excellent suppression, only drawback is it's not a semi-auto, although that is it's main strength.
Link Posted: 7/15/2018 7:02:45 PM EDT
[#23]
I run a supressor for both my fs2000 and my tavor. If you get the gear head worx ejection port cover the tavor is not overly gassy. However my nod goes to the fs2000.
Link Posted: 7/15/2018 10:26:36 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
However my nod goes to the fs2000.  
View Quote
A common mod seems to be switching to a very small gas screw and using the stock adverse setting unsuppressed and the stock normal setting as suppressed. Did you change the gas screw as well? If so, what size?
Link Posted: 8/6/2018 9:56:22 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
A common mod seems to be switching to a very small gas screw and using the stock adverse setting unsuppressed and the stock normal setting as suppressed. Did you change the gas screw as well? If so, what size?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
However my nod goes to the fs2000.  
To add on to this, I'll say that I changed mine to 1.90 and it runs fine both suppressed and un suppressed on the normal position, but I haven't fired it in cold conditions yet to see if switching to the adverse condition setting would be required to run it unsuppressed in the cold. Once winter comes, I'll check it out and see.
Link Posted: 8/10/2018 2:25:44 PM EDT
[#26]

It’s quiet but I get Tavor face.  Another arfcommer put clear silicone around the rail which cut out the gas completely.  He uses the SDN6, I use the M4-2000, both work great.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top