Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/29/2018 9:20:25 PM EDT
Got a new KSG a month or two ago. Went to the range with wife and shot it for the first time. Worked perfectly. Zero problems. Ate all the ammo. I had field stripped it ahead of time and put quality gun oil and grease on all the moving parts.

Supper fun to shoot! It’s definitely one of my favorite guns now!

Have pics of wife shooting it but don’t want to make you all jealous! And i can’t figure out how to post on my phone lol

If your thinking about getting a KSG... do it now!

Link Posted: 4/29/2018 11:02:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Imgur.com or get the app.
Link Posted: 5/1/2018 12:59:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Imgur.com or get the app.
View Quote
Thanks!
Link Posted: 5/1/2018 1:24:34 AM EDT
[#3]
careful with that vfg
Link Posted: 5/1/2018 2:07:18 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
careful with that vfg
View Quote
No doubt. People have shot their hands off with these.

Also, is that ARPC?
Link Posted: 5/1/2018 3:43:03 AM EDT
[#5]
I own and like bullpups. Never could get comfortable with the KSG though and traded  it off.

I may revisit the idea soon.
Link Posted: 5/1/2018 7:29:23 AM EDT
[#6]
I've heard of 2 injuries involving the KSG. One involved a crappy Promag Archangel vert grip. That uses a little, plastic nub to secure it to the rail. And it apparently broke and the dude shot his hand. Another instance supposedly involved a vert grip breaking/sliding off as well. That dude lost several fingers.

I have a KSG. I love my KSG and bullpups in general. But with a bullpup shotgun I think things need to be considered, especially with the KSG and it's plastic rail (which has been know to crack/break). One, use a good quality vertical grip, (if you're using one). The OP is using a Magpul, like I and many others use. Excellent choice. Uses, not one but 2 screws to secure it to the rail.

Another thing that I use and recommend is a quality, aftermarket slip on metal rail. That crap ain't breaking with use. Like the plastic rail can (which to be fair, I haven't heard of in a few years now). https://www.bullpuparmory.com/product_p/htc-107x.htm
https://www.bullpuparmory.com/product_p/htc-107.htm

Of course a little care in proper trigger discipline and not blindly firing like a nob, can help prevent accidents/negligence.
Link Posted: 5/1/2018 7:30:35 AM EDT
[#7]
I've heard of 2 injuries involving the KSG. One involved a crappy Promag Archangel vert grip. That uses a little, plastic nub to secure it to the rail. And it apparently broke and the dude shot his hand. Another instance supposedly involved a vert grip breaking/sliding off as well. That dude lost several fingers.

I have a KSG. I love my KSG and bullpups in general. But with a bullpup shotgun I think things need to be considered, especially with the KSG and it's plastic rail (which has been know to crack/break). One, use a good quality vertical grip, (if you're using one). The OP is using a Magpul, like I and many others use. Excellent choice. Uses, not one but 2 screws to secure it to the rail.

Another thing that I use and recommend is a quality, aftermarket slip on metal rail. That crap ain't breaking with use. Like the plastic rail can (which to be fair, I haven't heard of in a few years now). https://www.bullpuparmory.com/product_p/htc-107x.htm

Of course a little care in proper trigger discipline and not blindly firing like a nob, can help prevent accidents/negligence.
Link Posted: 5/2/2018 11:09:16 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Also, is that ARPC?
View Quote
Yes

It had been raining all day and it was a Friday. We were the only ones there. lol
The weather was still pretty nice.
Link Posted: 5/2/2018 11:13:21 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote
Thanks for the info! Especially about the metal rail's.
Link Posted: 5/11/2018 8:13:28 PM EDT
[#10]
Had one once. Kinda regret getting rid of it. With the choke adapter it actually grouped quite well despite the short barrel.

My only big complaint was clearing jams.  Sharing a feed and ejection port makes that more difficult than normal.
Link Posted: 5/14/2018 3:17:55 PM EDT
[#11]
To my knowledge no VFG was ever designed to handle being used to run a pump on a shotgun.

You can probably get away with it, especially if you get a quality VFG and a metal rail to go over the KSG's polymer rail but at the end of the day you are placing all the (relatively considerable) force of running the pump into a small area.  Yeah they look cool, and may be fun to run, but you are taking a lot of risk using parts in ways they were not designed for.  The VFGs we use were designed to use as a handhold on a rifle, mostly static load and low recoil.

Do as you want, take people's experiences as you will, but I would never recommend running a VFG to operate a pump action, especially on a bullpup shotgun or SBS.  It only needs to break once.

I put a handstop set on mine which I feel is way safer as the pump is being run the way it was designed to be.
Link Posted: 5/14/2018 9:35:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
To my knowledge no VFG was ever designed to handle being used to run a pump on a shotgun.

You can probably get away with it, especially if you get a quality VFG and a metal rail to go over the KSG's polymer rail but at the end of the day you are placing all the (relatively considerable) force of running the pump into a small area.  Yeah they look cool, and may be fun to run, but you are taking a lot of risk using parts in ways they were not designed for.  The VFGs we use were designed to use as a handhold on a rifle, mostly static load and low recoil.

Do as you want, take people's experiences as you will, but I would never recommend running a VFG to operate a pump action, especially on a bullpup shotgun or SBS.  It only needs to break once.

I put a handstop set on mine which I feel is way safer as the pump is being run the way it was designed to be.
View Quote
It actually come that way with the grip on it. I didn't put it there. I kind of felt the same way before shooting with the grip and still do after shooting it. Have already been looking at replacing it with a handstop.
Link Posted: 5/14/2018 10:12:59 PM EDT
[#13]
I  wish mine came with a forward grip. Would have saved me $20

They used to come with KT handstops, sometimes. My KSG did come with anything like that.
Link Posted: 5/15/2018 10:45:15 AM EDT
[#14]
The KSG-NR version comes from the factory with an integrated VFG/flashlight. The NR version has smaller magazines, 10+1 capacity, so the barrel protrudes beyond the magazine tubes. It's meant to be quickly turned into an SBS, if you like, by lobbing off the extra barrel length. After the NFA stamp, of course.

I held one at a lgs and I prefer it to the regular KSG. It's amazingly compact and light. With the integrated flashlight, it would seem to be an ideal home defense/trunk gun.

It also occurred to me, that everyone seems to want Shockwaves and TAC-14s because of their compact size. Well, the KSG is the same length, but with a shoulder stock, 14+1 rounds and a full 18" barrel.
Link Posted: 5/21/2018 6:50:19 AM EDT
[#15]
I really like mine.  U have the magpul grip on mine too.
Link Posted: 5/25/2018 4:46:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
careful with that vfg
The SilencerCo Salvo works well on the KSG and reduces the chance of shooting your hand! I really enjoyed the time I spent running a suppressed KSG, need to pick one up as I already have the Salvo.
Link Posted: 5/25/2018 6:13:30 PM EDT
[#17]
I bought one a couple months ago, really like it. I went with the magpul xtm handstop. Feels a lot more secure.
Link Posted: 5/25/2018 6:44:40 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I bought one a couple months ago, really like it. I went with the magpul xtm handstop. Feels a lot more secure.
View Quote
I did this and mounted the XTM backwards.
Link Posted: 5/25/2018 8:03:42 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I did this and mounted the XTM backwards.
View Quote
I mounted the larger part in the front. Feel better about my hand placement that way. The whole grip is rather large if u use all the pieces. I plan to move the front piece back some, place the secondary stop as a index finger “groove” to the other flat piece. And leave the small extra extension off. Should be plenty of room for my hand while allowing me to add a tlr-3 to the front.
Link Posted: 5/26/2018 1:23:00 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote
That is what i did as well. Took the hand grip off it and put on a magpul xtm handstop. Have not shot it with that yet but it should be fine. The front hand stop does its job. The back stop may bump under my hand. But i dont think it will bother me.
Link Posted: 5/26/2018 10:44:50 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

It actually come that way with the grip on it. I didn't put it there. I kind of felt the same way before shooting with the grip and still do after shooting it. Have already been looking at replacing it with a handstop.
View Quote
While I've never shot one with a VFG I think I'd like one with a hand stop as well.
Link Posted: 5/26/2018 10:48:57 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
The KSG-NR version comes from the factory with an integrated VFG/flashlight. The NR version has smaller magazines, 10+1 capacity, so the barrel protrudes beyond the magazine tubes. It's meant to be quickly turned into an SBS, if you like, by lobbing off the extra barrel length. After the NFA stamp, of course.

I held one at a lgs and I prefer it to the regular KSG. It's amazingly compact and light. With the integrated flashlight, it would seem to be an ideal home defense/trunk gun.

It also occurred to me, that everyone seems to want Shockwaves and TAC-14s because of their compact size. Well, the KSG is the same length, but with a shoulder stock, 14+1 rounds and a full 18" barrel.
View Quote
I have a Shockwave and while it's cheaper to lose than the KSG I still wouldn't want to lose it either.
Link Posted: 6/6/2018 12:13:26 PM EDT
[#23]
I finally shot mine for the first time the other day. I added a Decelerator pad, XTM handstop and TRS-25 red dot. I shot some high brass birdshot, Minishells and a few slugs through it. The only issue was when I was not racking it firmly enough. I really enjoy it! I kept going back and forth about buying one for the past year and bought a Shockwave a few months prior, but $660 was a price I couldn't pass up.

For my small house, my Shockwave with a Crimson laser would be my first choice, but the KSG would be my choice outside of the house.
Link Posted: 6/6/2018 3:37:46 PM EDT
[#24]
I really liked the KSG. Great gun. Have not tried it yet with the hand stop but I'm sure it will work fine.

Wife thought it kicked kind of had. And she does not like lead. So I searched around and picked up some Fiocchi Low Recoil Steel shot. It was the only low recoil steal shot ammo I could find anywhere.
Link Posted: 6/6/2018 4:39:14 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I really liked the KSG. Great gun. Have not tried it yet with the hand stop but I'm sure it will work fine.

Wife thought it kicked kind of had. And she does not like lead. So I searched around and picked up some Fiocchi Low Recoil Steel shot. It was the only low recoil steal shot ammo I could find anywhere.
View Quote
Try the Aguila Minishells. They have very little kick in comparison. They are . They are not cheap. $1 a round locally.
Link Posted: 6/10/2018 7:50:17 AM EDT
[#26]
Check Sportman's Guide.
Link Posted: 7/20/2018 7:11:28 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

The SilencerCo Salvo works well on the KSG and reduces the chance of shooting your hand! I really enjoyed the time I spent running a suppressed KSG, need to pick one up as I already have the Salvo.
View Quote
i have a salvo in jail ready to be picked up soon, how is it in reality on a KSG for weight/handling/noise reduction for a home defense situation? i like the idea of high capacity compact shotgun for HD but the big deal is i don't want to blow my ears out and not sure of the salvo ksg combo is usable? other than a range toy?
Link Posted: 7/21/2018 8:18:12 AM EDT
[#28]
hhh
Quoted:

i have a salvo in jail ready to be picked up soon, how is it in reality on a KSG for weight/handling/noise reduction for a home defense situation? i like the idea of high capacity compact shotgun for HD but the big deal is i don't want to blow my ears out and not sure of the salvo ksg combo is usable? other than a range toy?
View Quote
@commoncents

I can't comment about weight/handling, etc. But this will be useful.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=70sSjSC8OBo
Link Posted: 9/20/2018 9:54:18 PM EDT
[#29]
Here is mine, got it in May of 2015, sat in safe for a couple years. Installed the muzzle brake/choke/extended buttpad/and metal pic rail and RVG in last few months.
I tried Magpul AFG and the keltec afg, neither felt right on the ksg.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top