Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/29/2018 5:53:20 AM EDT
I've fallen into this mysterious bullpup obsession of late and considering the X95, but hear about it's accuracy problems. Has anybody narrowed down the exact cause?
I've seen guys remove the ring from the barrel, but there seems to be little improvement. Judging by the groups, you'd think the barrel was loose. ??
Also, being cursed with left handedism, what is the cost to have it converted with a left handed bolt? OD green isn't available in LH.
Link Posted: 4/29/2018 7:12:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Apparently the newer production models have solved the issue, and the X95 is a pretty solid 2moa gun now:

https://bullpupforum.com/index.php?topic=11503.0
Link Posted: 4/29/2018 7:37:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Apparently the newer production models have solved the issue, and the X95 is a pretty solid 2moa gun now:

View Quote
Some extremely defensive guys on that board claiming the accuracy issue is BS which contradicts reviews done by reputable people. MAC for ex.
I hope you're right.
Link Posted: 4/29/2018 8:50:01 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Some extremely defensive guys on that board claiming the accuracy issue is BS which contradicts reviews done by reputable people. MAC for ex.
I hope you're right.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I hope you're right.
That’s stating it mildly mine was terrible as far as accuracy. Shame because everything else was quite good. If they did fix the issue I would pick up another in a heartbeat.
Link Posted: 4/29/2018 1:48:33 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
I hope you're right.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I hope you're right.
Good for them, i had one back in early summer of 16. Anmo, optics, Trigger nothing helped it, my buddy bought it from me that didnt mind.  I noticed right out of the gate the accuracy wasnt of my Tavor. IWI wouldnt even entertain the conversation and threw out the "battlefield accurate" BS

I would like to know they addressed the issue before i buy another.
Link Posted: 4/29/2018 5:36:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I hope you're right.
View Quote
Yeah, thats an unsavory aspect of any "gear driven" discussion board. There's the inherent need to justify ones purchases and lambast competing designs. I've seen (and engaged in) discussions like this about knives, flashlights, gats, etc.

Whats really funny is on one of the Knife forums General Discussion areas, an older gentleman was telling a story about having to leave his favorite Banzai Tree Trimming forum - because there was too much flaming in the comments

From what I gathered, the "improved X95's" have 2 ejectors on the bolt, and/or a cutout in the top rail that looks like a keymod slot for adjusting the gas system on the .300blk Tavor.

I'm more of an AUG guy, but the X95 is a cool rifle. I'd try to borrow one at the range and see how it shot for you.
Link Posted: 5/5/2018 9:12:31 PM EDT
[#6]
I've yet to see anything conclusive that shows the X95's accuracy issues have been solved.
Link Posted: 6/1/2018 1:32:39 AM EDT
[#7]
Guys on the bullpupforum say IWI improved the accuracy but I'm not willing to buy another one to test it out.  They also said the accuracy wasn't a issue and blamed us on arfcom on how we couldn't shoot.

I have one of the earlier ones and did my own accuracy testing after MAC did a video.  Mine is a consistent 3-4 MOA rifle.  Here are the groups I shot.  https://www.ar15.com/forums/Armory/-ARCHIVED-THREAD-IWI-US-X95-announced-officially-/43-457083/?page=8

I was disappointed with the groups but I still kept it because I like the rifle.
Link Posted: 6/3/2018 5:35:44 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Guys on the bullpupforum say IWI improved the accuracy but I'm not willing to buy another one to test it out.  They also said the accuracy wasn't a issue and blamed us on arfcom on how we couldn't shoot.

I have one of the earlier ones and did my own accuracy testing after MAC did a video.  Mine is a consistent 3-4 MOA rifle.  Here are the groups I shot.  https://www.ar15.com/forums/Armory/-ARCHIVED-THREAD-IWI-US-X95-announced-officially-/43-457083/?page=8

I was disappointed with the groups but I still kept it because I like the rifle.
View Quote
IME, 3-5MOA is about the typical accuracy of the X95, which my was the latest generation with dual ejectors.
I quickly sold my X95 after two range trips since it just doesn't meet my standards... even for a bullpup.
My AUG A3 can typically do 1.5-2MOA 10rd groups at 100 yards.
Link Posted: 6/3/2018 1:05:54 PM EDT
[#9]
I’ve never understood how these issues are always said of the X95, and not it’s very similar cousin the original Tavor. I only have the Tavor, and with good ammo and rest it can do a pretty consistent 2 MOA, 3 VERY conservatively. They’re just so similar I have trouble understanding how one has issues but not the other.
Link Posted: 6/5/2018 7:19:40 PM EDT
[#10]
I want to buy this rifle but the weight and accuracy claims keep me away.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top