Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/23/2018 4:54:55 PM EDT
Interested in picking one up. Reliability in my number one priority when buying guns. I see pretty good reviews for this thing, just looking for some real world feedback.
I'm not concerned about the tests where they jam it full of mud and take a shit in the ejection port. More interested in cold weather usage, carbon buildup/reliability, etc. Need a medium/close range brush gun for the ranch and while it will be taken care of, I need to know I don't have to baby the thing out there.

Thanks
Link Posted: 4/23/2018 5:01:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Ive only shot about 500 rounds out of it, but its worked 100%

2 different suppressors, various steel case, pmc, fiocchi, and even some remanufactured ammo.  No problems in 15 degrees or 90.

Pmags, Lancer, ETS,  and those steel mags from PSA all worked flawless.

Eta: and for the barrel I was surprised to not see any noticeable POI change between a 30 ounce YHM can or a Surefire mini.
Link Posted: 4/23/2018 5:26:31 PM EDT
[#2]
Sweet. Is there a preferred mag with these things? I know they come with a PMAG G3, and I know Israel issues the STANAG metal mag. Any of them work better/worse than the others?
Link Posted: 4/23/2018 5:26:52 PM EDT
[#3]
The only issue with my X95 is that PMAGs of any generation tend to not drop free.  No issue with GI-style mags.

It runs fine suppressed with Specwar556K or Omega 300, or with no can.
Link Posted: 4/23/2018 5:57:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Mine have been flawless. The mud test concerned me as well, seen a similar one where it didn't have any issues.
Link Posted: 4/23/2018 11:38:12 PM EDT
[#5]
Mines been fine. Only issues it’s ever had was the weekend before last at my birthday party when I had a bunch of people shooting and someone inexperienced in operating it and who hasn’t been shooting in awhile was operating it without close instruction. But the same guy also made ARs and a PTR91 malfunction repeatedly from things like riding the charging handle or not inserting the magazine fully so I don’t blame the gun for that at all. I don’t care about the mud tests. It works fine with the relaxed cleaning standards I give, it I’m not planning on diving in mud and if I did it would get a cleaning first since the optics would be covered and there would probably be a bore obstruction. Plus most rifles fail the inrange mud test from the m14 and AK to mil surplus bolt actions and I doubt most worry about those. Fun fact LastCola Warrior east mine ran fine with dried generic Cola dried all over it since a can next to it burst on the atv ride to the range .

Lastly the guy who made everything malfunction really wants a tavor now. But he likes my IDF model SAR better than the x95. I think that’s mostly because of the optic on it working better with his glasses though.
Link Posted: 4/24/2018 5:28:38 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Interested in picking one up. Reliability in my number one priority when buying guns. I see pretty good reviews for this thing, just looking for some real world feedback.
I'm not concerned about the tests where they jam it full of mud and take a shit in the ejection port. More interested in cold weather usage, carbon buildup/reliability, etc. Need a medium/close range brush gun for the ranch and while it will be taken care of, I need to know I don't have to baby the thing out there.

Thanks
View Quote
Cold Weather usage? Check my location. I don't think you'll find any colder weather in TX.
As for carbon buildup, the gas piston in these things are almost self cleaning. I run mine suppressed, and even with the extra gas being pushed back through it all from the suppressor, I haven't had reliability problems. My doctor did ask me when I started smoking, though. lol

EDIT: I suggest adjusting your lubrication regime to your environment. The only thing worse than a gun rusting in a humid coastal area from the wrong type, or insufficient protectant - is an over-lubed one in a dry dustbowl gummed up because the oil dripping off of it collected all that dust and turned into thick, sticky, yuck mess. I've seen both.
Link Posted: 4/24/2018 8:29:56 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The only issue with my X95 is that PMAGs of any generation tend to not drop free.  No issue with GI-style mags.

View Quote
This is likely because you had ammo in them without the retention piece on top.  The feed lips have spread a bit and now it's too wide to fall.  Try a brand new one and watch what happens.
Link Posted: 4/24/2018 9:21:51 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
This is likely because you had ammo in them without the retention piece on top.  The feed lips have spread a bit and now it's too wide to fall.  Try a brand new one and watch what happens.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It happened with the the included mag from the factory when it was brand new.  As for my other PMAGs, I don't store them loaded.  So no, it wasn't a feed lip issue.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top