Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/22/2018 11:48:30 PM EDT
So 2 months back was at the range with my brother while he was testing accuracy with and without a suppressor. Saw his accuracy suffered and a point of impact shift and was kinda surprised at what i saw. So today i took my two rifles i suppress, savage 223 and the rdb. Both i have only shot with a suppressor since i got it.

The savage saw an ince to inch and a half low point of impact shift while using suppressed with negligible if any change in accuracy

The RDB shifted up almost a foot also with negligible affect on group size

I dont understand why one shifts low and the other shifts so high? Anyone have any ideas why

I was using that IMA stuff that was cheap every couple weeks from midway. First time i shot any. Surprised it shot as well as it did in my savage. 9 shot groups were 2in and i have not good accuracy out of it with 5.56 factory loadings. It did suffer 2 misfires in the savage. Light primer strikes. Cleaned the bolt up when i got home, see if it continues. Flawless function in rdb though.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top