Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/17/2018 1:13:12 AM EDT
Link Posted: 4/17/2018 3:55:29 AM EDT
[#1]
No idea about total cost with shipping. But 44mag has them for $25 if you don't mind black floor plates. :) And AUG Pmags for $18 with free shipping.
Link Posted: 4/17/2018 8:35:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Primary Arms has AUG pmags for 15.99.

http://www.primaryarms.com/search?keywords=Aug
Link Posted: 4/17/2018 8:47:13 AM EDT
[#3]
Aim Surplus used to have them for $23 or so, now they're $32, so guess that's the going price
Link Posted: 4/17/2018 6:54:12 PM EDT
[#4]
Do the pmags work or are they range use only and on Wednesdays?
Link Posted: 4/17/2018 7:00:45 PM EDT
[#5]
AUG Pmags work great. They don't drop free in my A1 though
Link Posted: 4/17/2018 8:59:43 PM EDT
[#6]
I have no complaints with the AUG Pmags. I still kinda prefer the Steyr mags. But, no hard reasons why.

If I wanted to really stock up on AUG mags. At current prices, I'd probably buy a ton of the Pmags.

Interesting enough though. Magpul made these for Australia and their EF88 (F90) But they use domestically produced, translucent black, Steyr pattern mags. Though I have seen one or 2 Pmags in use.
Link Posted: 4/19/2018 2:34:15 PM EDT
[#7]
given all the recent ban talk, you might want to look into the nato stock conversion unless you are already heavily invested in the 30 round Aug mags.

I bought my Aug maybe five years ago and I was thinking about the nato stock back then, but then Aug mags flooded the market and were pretty cheap.  Looks like the prices have gone back up.

Going forward, I am not buying any centerfire EBRs unless they take STANAG, SR25 or AK pattern mags.  It seems the market has decided the same too as that captures nearly everything commonly available except for Augs w/o nato stock and SCAR17s.  Although there is an SR25 solution for the latter.
Link Posted: 4/19/2018 3:36:09 PM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
given all the recent ban talk, you might want to look into the nato stock conversion unless you are already heavily invested in the 30 round Aug mags.

I bought my Aug maybe five years ago and I was thinking about the nato stock back then, but then Aug mags flooded the market and were pretty cheap.  Looks like the prices have gone back up.

Going forward, I am not buying any centerfire EBRs unless they take STANAG, SR25 or AK pattern mags.  It seems the market has decided the same too as that captures nearly everything commonly available except for Augs w/o nato stock and SCAR17s.  Although there is an SR25 solution for the latter.
View Quote
That seems kinda drastic when AUG Pmags are still available for $18
Link Posted: 4/26/2018 8:52:19 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I bought my Aug maybe five years ago and I was thinking about the nato stock back then, but then Aug mags flooded the market and were pretty cheap.  Looks like the prices have gone back up
View Quote
Good memories of cheap AUG mags from manventureoutpost a few years back.

If I was starting from scratch, I would get 6-7 Steyr mags to stick back, and Pmags for the range.
Link Posted: 4/26/2018 10:48:41 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

That seems kinda drastic when AUG Pmags are still available for $18
View Quote
Gotta prep
Link Posted: 4/27/2018 2:24:07 AM EDT
[#11]
yeah, but how many guys want 10-20 mags per rifle...  at $20 plus a mag, it can add up.
Link Posted: 4/27/2018 12:30:12 PM EDT
[#12]
I miss the $7 mag days.
Link Posted: 5/12/2018 1:48:30 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Good memories of cheap AUG mags from manventureoutpost a few years back.

If I was starting from scratch, I would get 6-7 Steyr mags to stick back, and Pmags for the range.
View Quote
THIS wooooo manventureoutpost I bought a crap ton of these the actual STEYR mags rock
Link Posted: 5/13/2018 5:35:28 PM EDT
[#14]
The Styer factory magazines are bomb proof and have a fantastic history (since 1977) of reliability and durability. If your running an AUG get those magazines for it. Having said that the AUG PMAGs have also been flawless. If you are running an AUG ( or SIG 55x or SR 25 or whatever) and you are not buying a mag here and a mag there then you are being foolish. Be the ant in the grasshopper and the ant story. Winter will eventually come and you need to be ready.
Link Posted: 5/13/2018 7:57:25 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote
Those mag prices were artificially low for a few reasons. It baffles me that people buy a $2000 rifle and balk at $30 magazines.

I bought my AUG mags sometimes as few as six at a time. PMAGS have worked great so far, but, te factory mags are proven.
Link Posted: 5/14/2018 4:58:47 PM EDT
[#16]
This topic of STANAG vs AUG mags comes up from time to time.  And sure, if you really want all the same style mags, then getting the STANAG stock supports that.  Personally - I don't agree with that path, but hey - it's OK to like stuff I don't.  Here's why I don't in general I prefer the factor AUG mags.

-The AUG magazine system is just better.  It's a continuous curve magazine with a very thick-heavy feed lip, that can take a beating, and feeds smooth - unlike the change-directions STANAG for the straight AR magwell. They look better too, but that's a personal preference.
-The AUG is designed to run on the AUG mag.  Compromises are made for STANAG mags.  Those stocks only have one trigger transfer bar, and don't have the bolt lock/bolt release button (it'll lock, but no button).  
-The AUG Factory 42 is the highest capacity factory 5.56 issue magazine of any gun anywhere that I know of, and they're solid dead-nuts reliable mags.  Stanag compatible fat-body expanded mags are either too wide to actually work in a Bullpup, unreliable, or both.  
-All STANAG mags are designed to work in the AR15 platform.  Not all of them are necessarily designed to work in the AUG usage of it.  Threads showing weird problems like strange bolt carrier impact wear, or other issues - happen with STANAG mag systems.

And finally - the cost of AUG magazines are not high, nor do you really need dozens of mags like everyone acts like now.  3 30's, 2 42's, and you have a lifetime supply of mags for that rifle.  There is no 3-gun stage or any other usage without break that's going to exceed that.  More is better, they're cheap - buy more, but you don't need $400 worth of mags to roll.

But in the end, it's OK to like stuff I don't - so if you want a STANAG mag stock - go for it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top