Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/10/2017 5:13:00 PM EDT
I have a tavor that I have had an eotech on (yeah I know, some hate them) and I decided I want something different after the last shooting session due to the eyes not working as they once used to. I am thinking of something like a 2.5 to 4 fixed power scope. I have a TA31 that I tried on it but while I have no problems with the limited eye relief on my ARs I wasn't fond of it on my Tavor. I'm also trying to keep the optic as light as I can.
I have looked at most of the common optics but maybe someone can recommend one I have missed or forgotten about.
What are other Tavor users running?
Link Posted: 4/11/2017 4:24:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Leupold - VX-R Patrol 1.25 - 4 x 20mm ...
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 12:06:25 AM EDT
[#2]
I tried a Ta31 on an x95, but I felt like it sat too low and with an awkward cheek weld, felt quite heavy too.

Currently have an mro on it and like it but im also curious what else people have tried  on theirs.
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 1:17:16 PM EDT
[#3]
I have an Aimpoint Mirco with an Daniel Defense Aimpoint mount. I put the left for 1/3 co-witness to make it absolute co-witness. The iron sights are higher on the Tavor and an AR-15. I have the Tavor Sar
Link Posted: 4/13/2017 1:20:27 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm running an E O Tech 512 on a YHM mount but tried my Vortex Strike Eagle in a Vortex CM-202 mount.  The Strike Eagle set at the proper height for comfortable use with CM-202 mount but I just prefer the E O Tech on my Tavor SAR.  I've also used a 2.5-10X44 scope in a RRA mount for target shooting.  

I really like RDS for CQB as at close range I don't think target Identification will be lacking with my RDS.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 10:58:48 PM EDT
[#5]
I have a xps2.2 with g33 magnifier on mine. I was always pleased with it.

Try a Vortex strike eagle in 1x4 or 1x6.

I think that would satisfy you
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 12:57:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Gen 3 PA 1-6x scope with ACSS reticle, in an ADM mount.

I like it.   I was going to get an ACOG, but eye relief.  I like it way more than a red dot or ACOG too, after trying both.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 9:54:26 PM EDT
[#7]
CompM4, PRO, or T/H 1 or 2, in a lower 1/3 mount. Maybe with a magnifier, if you so choose.

There's also the TA33, or TA44. They have much better eye relief, so that shouldn't be an issue with the Tavor's long LOP. Think you can get higher mounts for them, as well.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top