User Panel

Posted: 2/25/2017 1:14:49 PM EDT
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 2:18:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 2:21:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 2/25/2017 6:02:20 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm not sure it was supposed to come out in the first place... I'll check mine when I can
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 12:50:29 AM EDT
[#4]
Happened on mine also at about round 64. Sent it in to Keltec........3 weeks later it came back not fixed...but the paper work said it was fixed, so it must be okay right? Keltec did not set your rivet properly. Just put it back together and expand the rivet in the countersunk area under the hammer. Now mine works fine...at least for the last 300 or so rounds, no movement. This may be a production QC issue. Too bad because it is a cool design and a great suppressor host. Good luck.
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 9:47:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Checked mine...no rattle or looseness OP
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 11:48:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 11:56:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 2/26/2017 8:44:41 PM EDT
[#8]
I like my RDB, but I love my AUG.

Geex, how disappointing...
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 10:56:39 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 2/27/2017 12:45:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Just got off the phone with Kel-Tec, they are sending me a shipping label.

Quoting a two week turn-around.
View Quote

When I finally picked up an RFB about two years ago (after waiting about five years for one, but that's another story), I decided that I needed to extend the stock by a bit, so I ordered the buttstock/buttpad spacer kit from KelTec (and also the plastic faceshield for the receiver, but that's irrelevant for the point I'm trying to make here).

Although they were overly expensive to my way of thinking, I received the parts immediately from KelTec.

The buttpad is held on to the rear of the stock with two screws, the top one inserted into the metal top part of the stock and the bottom one inserted into a brass nut imbedded into the plastic wedge shaped, skeletonized bottom part of the stock (called the stockwell by KelTec).  The stockwell is easily removed from the rest of the stock.

KelTec's instructions for the rifle warn against overtightening this bottom buttpad screw.  Of course, the gun I had was NIB and I had never tried to tighten it, but only remove it so I could add one of the lengthening spacers.  When I tried to remove the bottom screw, the brass insert in the plastic stockwell just turned in the plastic, not allowing the screw to be removed.

I called KelTec and asked them to send me a new stockwell.  They said that they wouldn't do that, but that I would have to send the entire stock back for repair (which I was trying to avoid having to do, of course, especially with such an easy fix).

So I sent the stock to them (they quoted about a two week turnaround too), expecting shipping damage and to be waiting a couple of years for it to be returned.

What I got was the stock repaired like new (well, it really was new after all) and returned to me immediately (less than two weeks).

I then unscrewed the buttpad screws (which were NOT overtightened from the manufacturer this time around) and installed one of the buttpad spacers and was happy.

To make a long story longer, my point, of course, it that KelTec fixed it fast, and it was returned immediately.  My guess is that your experience will be the same...

PS  It does suck that they didn't get the rivet right in your RDB to begin with, of course...

Forrest
Link Posted: 2/28/2017 11:13:41 PM EDT
[#11]
Look, im an armorer who has lots of weapons go through my hands. Lemons happen, no matter if its colt, hk or kel-tec.
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 7:06:48 PM EDT
[#12]
Chris, did you send it in to them?

Just curious...

Forrest
Link Posted: 3/12/2017 7:40:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I like my RDB, but I love my AUG.

Geex, how disappointing...
View Quote

Yup I agree, out of all of them, tavor everything, the AUG beats the hell outta them hands down.  That's the only one I kept out of the bullpup family and it was the only one that was worth a shit period.
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 10:18:26 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 3/13/2017 10:49:36 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Yup I agree, out of all of them, tavor everything, the AUG beats the hell outta them hands down.  That's the only one I kept out of the bullpup family and it was the only one that was worth a shit period.
View Quote

Had an AUG...only thing it was better at was being heavy.  The AUG would likely take more abuse ...but since my RDB has been flawless for over 5k rounds , reliability has been a non-issue. The RDB is lighter, has a much better trigger, is just as accurate...suppresses MUCH better...is 100% ambidextrous...I loved my AUG but it has alot of areas it could be improved upon
Link Posted: 4/5/2017 2:01:17 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 4/14/2017 5:18:48 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 4/14/2017 6:47:20 PM EDT
[#18]
Glad that you have it back, even with the extra delay time.

I have a friend who just picked one up two weeks ago.  When I get a chance, I'll take a look at it and see if KelTec has changed the design on the 'new' guns.

Have great fun with it.

Forrest
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top