Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/14/2017 3:46:16 PM EDT
Courious about how everyone lubes  this rifle . Can you get lube where it needs to be without taking  it down. Tia wd
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 5:36:47 PM EDT
[#1]
1 drop on cam pin
1 drop on top of bolt/bolt sleeve
1 drop on each guide rail
1 drop on gas regulator
1 drop on piston rings (I've heard some people don't do this but my manual says to)

I'd say in an emergency, just lock the bolt back and squirt some lube on it
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 6:19:22 PM EDT
[#2]
Yup, same as mcantu. Easy peasy.

You can watch for wear spots too. And add a little in those places. But there shouldn't be any.
Link Posted: 2/14/2017 9:36:24 PM EDT
[#3]
it was one of them deals where i grabbed it at the last second to take to the range. It had been awhile since i had it out.  Many months.  I had lubed it months ago and threw it in the safe.  thanks for the replys .
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 1:21:53 PM EDT
[#4]
I don't see a need to relube it if it was already lubed in the safe
Link Posted: 2/15/2017 9:13:02 PM EDT
[#5]
You can get at everything by just popping the takedown latch out, pulling the receiver out of the stock, and then removing the recoiling parts from the receiver. That lets you hit the operating rods and the moving parts in the bolt carrier.

Because the gas system is up front and isolated from the moving parts the AUG doesn't dry out nearly as fast as an AR.

AJ
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 1:50:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
1 drop on cam pin
1 drop on top of bolt/bolt sleeve
1 drop on each guide rail
1 drop on gas regulator
1 drop on piston rings (I've heard some people don't do this but my manual says to)

I'd say in an emergency, just lock the bolt back and squirt some lube on it
View Quote

This.
I actually started using Froglube and really like it. Does not evaporate like petroleum based lube and does not get "gummy" after a range session. Most importantly it stays in place.
Link Posted: 2/23/2017 9:09:58 AM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

This.
I actually started using Froglube and really like it. Does not evaporate like petroleum based lube and does not get "gummy" after a range session. Most importantly it stays in place.
View Quote

Same reason I use MPro-7. I can shoot a few hundred rounds and it's still where I put it.
Link Posted: 3/28/2017 3:11:15 PM EDT
[#8]
Thought the A3 manual said not to lube the gas piston? Or maybe that was the SCAR...or both
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 8:33:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Steyr Aug Maintenance Series: Lubrication
Link Posted: 3/29/2017 9:41:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Link to pics of a simple test I did about if it's better to lube gas systems or not: https://www.thehighroad.org/index.php?threads/gas-systems-oiled-or-dry.741043/#post-9302619

TLDR version: lube might make for slightly more fouling, but it does mke that fouling easier to remove.

AJ
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top