Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 74
Link Posted: 1/4/2019 11:05:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Glad to see they went ahead and released the 5.56 rifles. It is important that DT goes full steam ahead with this train wreck, instead of taking a step back and trying to fix its issues. The 5.56 MDR will likely be a smash hit for DT. There's a huge market for people that would like a Tavor, but would rather it be heavier, cost over a thousand dollars more, and not work.
Link Posted: 1/4/2019 11:25:55 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Glad to see they went ahead and released the 5.56 rifles. It is important that DT goes full steam ahead with this train wreck, instead of taking a step back and trying to fix its issues. The 5.56 MDR will likely be a smash hit for DT. There's a huge market for people that would like a Tavor, but would rather it be heavier, cost over a thousand dollars more, and not work.
View Quote
To be fair it might work ok.
Link Posted: 1/4/2019 11:27:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Truth. The 5.56 has a fighting chance.

Would I take it over my Tavor. No. But the 5.56 is easier on the gas.
Link Posted: 1/5/2019 1:35:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I'm pretty sure my inferior Mws and even the RFB and Armalites I've owned could pass that test. I'll have to look and see what kind of commercial ammo I still have.
View Quote
Come on man, all other .308s are bad. Even my STG-58 is just utter crap in comparison to this amazing bullpup. Why, even the SCAR-17 is inferior.

Remember, if it functions its not good!
Link Posted: 1/5/2019 8:03:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote
The people who pre-ordered seemed to want it *now* according to the poll they did.  I want two of them to go with my 7.62x51mm MDRs, but I voted against releasing it early (without the chute)...I'll wait until I graduate in March and find out where I'm going to wind up having to go for a job.
Link Posted: 1/5/2019 11:41:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Oh look. Another mdr owner that's put quite a few rounds through his gun and the reliability still isn't there.

Desert Tech MDR 6.5 Creedmoor (aftermarket barrel) Reliability Test
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 9:35:34 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Oh look. Another mdr owner that's put quite a few rounds through his gun and the reliability still isn't there.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vV4E0fxE8Yw
View Quote
Worth to note...he mentions that his 308 DT barrel has more problems than the ES...but the gun still choked with an aftermarket 6.5CM barrel and the new extractor...and gas plug...
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 10:01:51 AM EDT
[#8]
Two words for you: combat ready battle rifle.

My statement above was not based on facts.

"Are you ready to battle the (micro dynamic) rifle and all it's malfunctions?" should be the new slogan.
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 7:58:16 PM EDT
[#9]
Breakthrough solution for the MDR...I FOUND IT: THE SOLUTION TO ALL THE MDR PROBLEMS ... with this solution ... you can run 100rd beta mags too ...  Because Failure, Is Not An Option ...
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 8:09:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Breakthrough solution for the MDR...I FOUND IT: THE SOLUTION TO ALL THE MDR PROBLEMS ... with this solution ... you can run 100rd beta mags too ...  Because Failure, Is Not An Option ...
View Quote
Struggle bus driver!

LMT seems like a good company, with a good sense of humor on the corporate level. On the video itself, that's a really nice RPM. Looks wonderful!
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 8:26:40 PM EDT
[#11]
I’ve enjoyed my MWS...not a single hiccup.
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 9:15:35 PM EDT
[#12]
That video is fake news and has to be CGI as I am led to believe that the MWS is inferior to a certain other product and if it can't run a mag in semi without choking there is no way a MWS can run that many rounds in full auto without a stoppage, just no way.
Link Posted: 1/6/2019 9:31:25 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
View Quote
Way more controllable than I thought it would be.

Selective editing of video speed and they cut out all the jams.
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 11:09:21 AM EDT
[#14]
The inferior LMT MWS strikes again with a short barrel (like my setup): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WX1kNtalmFw

So many malfunctions and inaccuracies...I see why DT says the MDR is better than this...

MDR with a 6.5CR barrel, same Hornady ELD ammo but in 6.5CR https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vV4E0fxE8Yw

Link Posted: 1/8/2019 11:16:02 AM EDT
[#15]
Read on another forum the aftermarket 6.5CM barrels are not compatible with the "improved" bolts. Nice job DT.
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 11:24:50 AM EDT
[#16]
About 90% of the ammo is not compatible with the 308 MDR...so doesn't surprise me
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 5:53:01 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Read on another forum the aftermarket 6.5CM barrels are not compatible with the "improved" bolts. Nice job DT.
View Quote
Since the bolt doesn't have any case head support like an ar the extractor protrudes from the face and the barrel extension has clearance milled out for the extractor. The wider extractor wasn't a planned thing initially and older extensions need to be opened up to fit it so you're trying to make fun of that?
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 6:10:35 PM EDT
[#18]
So will owners have to send in their MDRs when the extractor gets released or does DT expect people to DIY this...like the chamber and chutes?
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 6:11:35 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View Quote
Aftermarket barrels not compatible, and it’s DT’s fault?  Are they required to check compatibility with aftermarket stuff when they change something on their own gun?  Don’t think so.
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 6:24:51 PM EDT
[#20]
Not making fun of or blaming DT, just indicating as this is not a finished design any mods and aftermarket parts "may" become incompatible when future improvements are rolled out by DT.

If you were an aftermarket parts manufacturer would you spend resources in designing parts that may become obsolete as the host platform is a work in progress?
Link Posted: 1/8/2019 11:47:13 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Aftermarket barrels not compatible, and it’s DT’s fault?  Are they required to check compatibility with aftermarket stuff when they change something on their own gun?  Don’t think so.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hell, DT parts aren't compatible with it yet.
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 8:49:49 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Call it "eliminating a variable" then.  Someone should do a 338-08 to truly show that bore size pressure curve effects don't help the problem.

Aftermarket barrels aren't incompatible simply because they are aftermarket, there are physical principles driving that, and the real issue seems to affect both chamberings...which points right back at the gas system.  Creed's whole premise is it tends to play nice as a 308 stand-in.
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 9:20:45 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Not making fun of or blaming DT, just indicating as this is not a finished design any mods and aftermarket parts "may" become incompatible when future improvements are rolled out by DT.

If you were an aftermarket parts manufacturer would you spend resources in designing parts that may become obsolete as the host platform is a work in progress?
View Quote
Seems that DT is just about done shooting themselves in the foot over the MDR... killing the very start of the aftermarket for your product is never a good idea.
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 10:29:24 AM EDT
[#24]
@willi3d The current aftermarket barrels are NOW going to be obsolete because DT never finalized the design of the MDR when it was released to the public in 2017...since then...they have used customers as their beta testers...period. If DT would have designed the rifle properly...this, now, incompatibility with ES Tactical's barrels wouldn't exist.

The 6-position gas plug and the new extractor design is from customer feedback primarily from the Bullpup Forum...not from DT's genius engineering brains.
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 2:03:38 PM EDT
[#25]
Jesus Christ. The extension needs to be opened up a little to make room for the wider extractor. You're all acting like the whole barrel is obsolete. If you actually had one you could see that it's not a big deal.
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 2:19:02 PM EDT
[#26]
Had one, fortunately got rid of it early on before all these issues came to light. Is this opening up of the receiver extension something that can be done by a regular Joe gun owner or is it something that would require sending the barrel back to the manufacturer? If done by the owner will it void the barrel manufacturer's warranty?
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 2:37:12 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Jesus Christ. The extension needs to be opened up a little to make room for the wider extractor. You're all acting like the whole barrel is obsolete. If you actually had one you could see that it's not a big deal.
View Quote
Even it is a slight adjustment to the extension, do you really want to monkey around with that? No thanks, that is a fairly crucial part of the firearm.

Has anyone heard how DT will roll out the extractor update? Because they did say it will be a free upgrade...but it seems it requires modification to legacy barrels.
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 3:30:57 PM EDT
[#28]
Where have you seen this information stating that the barrel extension needs to be opened up?   The last I remember seeing from the Bullpup forums is ES Tactical gets the barrel extensions and gas blocks from DT.

The only people I have seen that has the bigger extractor is from InRange and a guy from YouTube with a recent 6.5creedmoore barrel from ES Tactical and he said nothing about modding his rifle.  Only other person I can think of with a bigger extractor is Garandthumb, he did not say anything about a different extractor. Just that he received a new bolt from DT.

Where is this information your getting saying that they will need to be modified?
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 3:39:29 PM EDT
[#29]
See how the extension has a notch for the extractor? Doesn't take a rocket scientist to figure out that a wider extractor may not/will not fit into the same cut.
Attachment Attached File
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 4:25:49 PM EDT
[#30]
Yeah...I don't think DIY is the way to make the "improved" extractor fit...if it requires fitting...
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 4:56:27 PM EDT
[#31]
Where did I ever say it was a diy modification?
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 5:09:38 PM EDT
[#32]
Where is your sense of adventure?

Qui audet adipiscitur
Link Posted: 1/9/2019 5:54:58 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Where did I ever say it was a diy modification?
View Quote
Maybe I misread your reply on how the extension just needs to be opened up a little and its no big deal...maybe it was sarcasm...if I misunderstood...I apologize.
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 7:33:23 AM EDT
[#34]
So Nick wrapped up the DT Q&A (or as I liked to refer as the HL$ - Hook, Line and $inker) thread on BPF without addressing a lot of ? posted by members. Below are my takes on a couple of key quotes of his last and final post.

Although it gets frustrating each time because we think we have everything perfect and a new snag is discovered it is very valuable to get that feedback so that we can continually improve our products and the experiences customers have with our products.
View Quote
I read, still in development / work in progress.

This will be my last posting in the bullpup forum, for all future product updates please follow us on youtube, facebook, or instagram.  You can also call our office for service if you need anything in the future.
View Quote
I read, no need to keep stringing you all along so I'm taking my ball and going home.
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 8:45:29 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
So Nick wrapped up the DT Q&A (or as I liked to refer as the HL$ - Hook, Line and $inker) thread on BPF without addressing a lot of ? posted by members. Below are my takes on a couple of key quotes of his last and final post.

I read, no need to keep stringing you all along so I'm taking my ball and going home.
View Quote
My thoughts exactly...the MDR is still in development...well...good luck to Nick and DT...hopefully one day the MDR can be a platform that people can bet their lives on...
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 9:19:58 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote
To me it reads like they're calling it a day and will be stopping production soon.
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 11:01:41 AM EDT
[#37]
No they won't be calling it a day...don't think.

I just think the MDR will be in development for another year or two and MDR customers will be taken along for the ride.

In there defense it is a completely brand new design...so there will be hiccups...but it is quite obvious it needed another 2 years of refinement before releasing it...I won't be part of the beta testing as I value my $2500 a bit too much...however if they can release MDR2.0 with a good solid track record and a better barrel manufacturer...sign me up...
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 11:02:22 AM EDT
[#38]
No they won't be calling it a day...don't think.

I just think the MDR will be in development for another year or two and MDR customers will be taken along for the ride at beta testers.

In there defense it is a completely brand new design...so there will be hiccups...but it is quite obvious it needs another 2 years of refinement before releasing it...I won't be part of the beta testing as I value my $2500 a bit too much...however if they can release MDR2.0 with a good solid track record and a better barrel manufacturer...sign me up...

The inconsistencies are just too great in its current version...
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 11:04:31 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Although it gets frustrating each time because we think we have everything perfect and a new snag is discovered it is very valuable to get that feedback so that we can continually improve our products and the experiences customers have with our products.

This will be my last posting in the bullpup forum, for all future product updates please follow us on youtube, facebook, or instagram.  You can also call our office for service if you need anything in the future.
@CowboyWubWub might be time for a new thread title - perhaps ": 2019 - New Year, same excuses"
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 11:10:02 AM EDT
[#40]
Just read on BPF as well that the 6-position gas plug that was supposed to work is now also not the correct one anymore..

---------

To all,
We have worked with Karl, Ian, and Mike (Garand Thumb) to resolve the gas issue they experienced with the evaluation MDR rifle and will be returning the rifle to them.  We did discover improvements that needed to be made to the 6-hole valve and I appreciate their feedback about their negative experience with the MDR.  Although it gets frustrating each time because we think we have everything perfect and a new snag is discovered it is very valuable to get that feedback so that we can continually improve our products and the experiences customers have with our products.  We will be posting a detailed video response to the In-Range Tv and Garand Thumb video reviews with the corrective action we have taken.  Fortunately our resolution solved the malfunction issues with Garand Thumb but unfortunately it was tested after all of his video content had already been filmed.

Sincerely

Nick Young

---------

Why would you freaking give anymore dollars to this pony show...at least his response wasn't throwing LMT, HK, FN under the bus this time...so that is an improvement.
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 4:46:03 PM EDT
[#41]
Here's the video response:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ed01kq20dM
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 4:51:19 PM EDT
[#42]
The old adverse gas setting is now the new normal setting...good bandaid there DT...it is not a good solution DT...your adverse old adverse setting was beating the gun and now it’s the new normal setting.

Give me a break.
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 5:02:55 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
So glad I didn't throw down for this
Link Posted: 1/10/2019 10:36:54 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Here's the video response:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9ed01kq20dM
View Quote
Yeah because when trusted independent reviewers discover your gun doesn’t work. You bend over backward and make a video just for them.

But for any one else...
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 2:48:39 AM EDT
[#45]
It appears that DT is washing their hands of the MDR publicity hype and now has a new bolt gun to convince suckers to buy.

SRS A2

Good luck to anyone rolling the dice with the MDR.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 7:48:49 AM EDT
[#46]
Actually, I was laughing a bit at the comments section on InRange's post about the response video; quite a few people saying that they're going to have to pick up a Desert Tech rifle now because of the way the company handled this particular issue. Little do they know about everything they haven't seen on the bullpup forum, etc.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 9:03:43 AM EDT
[#47]
Face it...90% of firearms owners don't ever get trained, they cosplay with firearms...and gucci out stuff...it reminds many of the "younger" generation of the HALO rifle so...its cool...until I see a major redesign of the actual gas system and its length...I won't be buying one.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 9:48:55 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
It appears that DT is washing their hands of the MDR publicity hype and now has a new bolt gun to convince suckers to buy.

SRS A2

Good luck to anyone rolling the dice with the MDR.
View Quote
Oddly enough I posted mid-last-year or so that I walked away from a Delphi Tech bolt-action rifle because of how they've handled the MDR, so...
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 10:12:50 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Oddly enough I posted mid-last-year or so that I walked away from a Delphi Tech bolt-action rifle because of how they've handled the MDR, so...
View Quote
No kidding. You're not alone, either... there are a bunch of people, myself included, that no longer plan to buy any DT products.
Link Posted: 1/11/2019 7:18:29 PM EDT
[#50]
Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaand then they announce the SRS A2 today, which unfortunately appeals to me.  I always wanted an SRS, just thought the weight of the thing would offset any length benefit.  The really good news is that it will be impossible to screw up a gas system on the SRS A2
Page / 74
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top