Page / 74
Link Posted: 4/14/2017 11:39:57 AM EDT
[#1]
This should get the Indians riled up...

Link Posted: 4/14/2017 11:43:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yep, my prediction is Wednesday 4/5 "One of our subcontractors/suppliers let us down so we're redesigning the wifflesnarb ejection chute to make it absolutely idiot-proof.  We understand the extra half-pound this adds may upset some of you wussies, but get over it.  We'll ABSOLUTELY POSITIVELY maybe start shipments in Q3 of this year!"
View Quote
Ok, so wifflesnarb == ejection chute, which is what anyone giving these guys money should have used already IMNSHO....
Link Posted: 4/14/2017 12:01:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

http://i.imgur.com/wvQwpaF.jpg
View Quote
Lol
Link Posted: 4/14/2017 12:34:41 PM EDT
[#4]
We might as well get back to talking about AUG's, X95's, and other real guns in this thread.
Link Posted: 4/14/2017 1:28:11 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

http://i.imgur.com/wvQwpaF.jpg
View Quote
What a bunch of shit. Nick Young should be embarrassed.
Link Posted: 4/14/2017 2:45:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote
I'm not sure he's capable of feeling that emotion
Link Posted: 4/14/2017 3:58:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 4/21/2017 8:02:54 AM EDT
[#8]
Even if DT ever releases the MDR...I wouldn't trust QA/QC on that platform for a good two years.

When a company consistently cannot deliver on dates due to "unforeseen" parts issues (sourcing raw materials or making the parts) is a company that lacks proper control measures to mitigate such issues ahead of time.

Sure...a seldom issue here and there happens to all but I think man will forget about this platform soon. Which sucks...it has potential.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 8:58:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Even if DT ever releases the MDR...I wouldn't trust QA/QC on that platform for a good two years.

When a company consistently cannot deliver on dates due to "unforeseen" parts issues (sourcing raw materials or making the parts) is a company that lacks proper control measures to mitigate such issues ahead of time.

Sure...a seldom issue here and there happens to all but I think man will forget about this platform soon. Which sucks...it has potential.
View Quote
I wonder if they have a gold-star customer service system that will be rolled out at the same time.

I can't wait to see the Gen II one at Shot 2019 and it's release in 2024.
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 9:27:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Isn't their bullpup bolt action rifle pretty good? Sucks that they seem to be giving everyone the run around and shit,
Link Posted: 4/21/2017 9:29:55 PM EDT
[#11]
No idea what it was.

Saw pictures.

Hate bullpups.

Power to those that like them but wouldnt take one if it was free.
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 12:13:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
No idea what it was.

Saw pictures.

Hate bullpups.

View Quote
So what's your point?
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 1:12:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
No idea what it was.

Saw pictures.

Hate bullpups.

View Quote
With that username you should like them by default.
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 3:25:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
So what's your point?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
No idea what it was.

Saw pictures.

Hate bullpups.

So what's your point?
Like all the Haters, he doesn't have one. They just want everyone else to know that too. I just noticed that he's from California. Probably jealous that he can't have a bullpup.
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 4:48:11 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Hate bullpups.
View Quote
Posts in Bullpup tech forum....
Link Posted: 4/22/2017 10:38:05 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Like all the Haters, he doesn't have one. They just want everyone else to know that too. I just noticed that he's from California. Probably jealous that he can't have a bullpup.
View Quote
Former CA guy myself, and can tell you, making a CA compliant bullpup is brutal. Not only do you have to do away with the pistol grips and flash hiders, but they also tacked on an additional 30" minimum length requirement.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 12:25:42 AM EDT
[#17]
I had to laugh when I read the manufacturer's blog.  Even when he's trying NOT to say anything....he still manages to put his foot in his mouth....

This is an excerpt from the CEO:

To our valued customers, The MDR’s are still on track to start shipping late April. We don’t have much more to say than that....{etc.}

You can tell he's trying to do the right thing.....but it ain't workin'.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 10:44:40 AM EDT
[#18]
Late April? Running short on time...again.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 11:21:05 AM EDT
[#19]
They lost all credibility after last year's sappy video about giving a firm committment to shipping 3rd quarter 2016.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 2:19:42 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
They lost all credibility after last year's sappy video about giving a firm committment to shipping 3rd quarter 2016.
View Quote
Yup. When he missed the release date that he promised in the video, I pulled out of the group buy. He's full of shit.
Link Posted: 4/23/2017 7:42:33 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Yup. When he missed the release date that he promised in the video, I pulled out of the group buy. He's full of shit.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Or after the big stink they raised about pulling out of a Pakistani contract competition for PR then quietly let Caracal become a overseas distributor of their weapons. Like the UAE doesn't fund turds just like Pakistan does.

They make awesome stuff based on the one time I got to shoot some of their bolt actions but they are their own worst enemy with the hype and misleading to flat out lying PR they release.

Article on their new distributor
http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2017/04/21/idex-2017-caracal-license-producing-sig-p320-distributing-desert-tech-sniper-rifles/

Pakistan story
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/01/05/desert-tech-utah-gunmaker-turns-down-15-million-deal-with-pakistan.html

Pakistans response to DT's claim
https://www.dawn.com/news/1079639
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 2:57:37 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Or after the big stink they raised about pulling out of a Pakistani contract competition for PR then quietly let Caracal become a overseas distributor of their weapons. Like the UAE doesn't fund turds just like Pakistan does.

They make awesome stuff based on the one time I got to shoot some of their bolt actions but they are their own worst enemy with the hype and misleading to flat out lying PR they release.

Article on their new distributor
http://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2017/04/21/idex-2017-caracal-license-producing-sig-p320-distributing-desert-tech-sniper-rifles/

Pakistan story
http://www.foxnews.com/us/2014/01/05/desert-tech-utah-gunmaker-turns-down-15-million-deal-with-pakistan.html

Pakistans response to DT's claim
https://www.dawn.com/news/1079639
View Quote
This is funny. You know, I have no hate for DT. I was (and still aren't) all that interested in the MDR. I don't plan to buy one anytime in years. But I did give kudos to DT, just like a lot of people did for their Pakistani thing. But after everything, I fully believe DT was full of crap on the Pakistani contract angle. Just a PR stunt.
Link Posted: 4/24/2017 8:41:13 AM EDT
[#23]
I went ahead and got an RDB instead of waiting on MDR. So far so good.

I have a hard time now trusting DT can come through with the MDR and even if they do...I wouldn't trust my $2000 for about two years after it has released because I am sure all the issues will be blamed on something other than DT.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 9:41:38 PM EDT
[#24]
It is getting annoying, I think unless there is something good by NRA show I might jump ship and go get a x95 and use the rest to save for the STG44 fromHMG. I looked and I am now a year past when I sent in my deposit.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 10:34:58 PM EDT
[#25]
I was mildly interested in getting an MDR in 7.62x51mm, but no longer. One thing that will always kill my interest in a platform or manufacturer is the hype becomes like beating a dead horse with another dead horse, and then we see zero results for years. I may possibly be interested in one of their boltguns, but in all honesty I think I'd be better served buying a Barrett 98Bravo or Accuracy International sniper rifle. At least with the AI rifle I know I'm buying an actual military issue weapon (or as close as possible) rather than a civvie gun playing tactikewl pretend.
Link Posted: 4/25/2017 11:25:39 PM EDT
[#26]
The hype is gone and that ship has sailed for me.

I am still ever optomistic it will be released but I just cant see dropping that much on it anymore after what they have done to cast doubt on their credibility.

Eta:  

IF IT'S NOT READY IT'S NOT READY AND THAT IS OKAY.

But stop saying it's next month or next quarter if it really isn't.   This is how they proved they are full of sh*t.
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 4:34:35 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
The hype is gone and that ship has sailed for me.

I am still ever optomistic it will be released but I just cant see dropping that much on it anymore after what they have done to cast doubt on their credibility.

Eta:  

IF IT'S NOT READY IT'S NOT READY AND THAT IS OKAY.

But stop saying it's next month or next quarter if it really isn't.   This is how they proved they are full of sh*t.
View Quote
Couldn't agree more. It's the same kind of behavior that got people fed up with firms like Robinson Arms and with platforms like the Masada/ACR. I have far more respect for someone who says "We're working on it. We can't say for certain exactly when we can release it, but rest assured that it'll be worth the wait because we want to present the customers with the best rifle we can give them" than someone who continually strings their potential with baseless claims like "Next week/month/quarter/year". When I see companies playing those kinds of games with their customers and provide zero proof that we should take them at their word, I see a company with low ethics and character, as well as a company who had no faith in their product's ability to attract customers willing to wait patiently for the product to be done right the first time.
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 5:27:50 AM EDT
[#28]
I will probably never part with my SRS-A1(which is the Gen2), I love it that much. But at this point I have spent my MDR money on other toys as I have the sneaking suspicion like so many others that the first generation will be plagued with issues and I just have this feeling that I've been taken advantage of. There's no excuse for lying to people. My 10mm Vector should be here soon.
Link Posted: 4/26/2017 5:40:46 AM EDT
[#29]
I learned 30+ years ago that ''soon to be released'' guns are vaporware  until you actually see them on the shelves.

Nothing has changed in that time to make me change my mind.
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 2:48:11 PM EDT
[#30]
After reading this thread, I'm rather glad that I didn't get into the group buy...
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 10:34:47 PM EDT
[#31]
It is getting rather old and I wonder if the ejection chute delay is all there was to it. I still have my $500 or whatever down with Oakland tactical for one of their first fde 308's. If I'd had the full amount out there all this time I'd be pissed by now but I'm just annoyed at the moment.

I want another 308 bullpup. Rfb didn't meet my needs. There is nothing else currently on the market or in the pipeline that I know of that will do what the mdr advertises. If it turns out to be a flop then so be it. I guess I'd try the 308 adaptation of the bushmaster m17 from k&m. I don't need one right this minute so I'll just keep waiting for the mdr to come to fruition.
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 11:36:18 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
It is getting rather old and I wonder if the ejection chute delay is all there was to it. I still have my $500 or whatever down with Oakland tactical for one of their first fde 308's. If I'd had the full amount out there all this time I'd be pissed by now but I'm just annoyed at the moment.

I want another 308 bullpup. Rfb didn't meet my needs. There is nothing else currently on the market or in the pipeline that I know of that will do what the mdr advertises. If it turns out to be a flop then so be it. I guess I'd try the 308 adaptation of the bushmaster m17 from k&m. I don't need one right this minute so I'll just keep waiting for the mdr to come to fruition.
View Quote
You could get yourself an 18" M14 style rifle and put it in a Juggernaut bullpup chassis. If you wanted to go this route, I'd suggest investing in an LRB barreled action and USGI trigger group. LRB makes the best M14 style rifles on the market, and are as close to USGI specs as you can get. They use receivers, bolts, and operating rods properly forged to USGI spec instead of using investment casting like Springfield and Fulton Armory. Their customer service is also top notch. If you want to spend a little less, but still have a rifle built as closely to USGI spec as possible and with forged parts instead of cast, you could get a James River Armory Rock-Ola branded M14 with a 19" barrel. I'd personally go that way for a .308 bullpup, but then I'm a big M14 fan.
Link Posted: 4/27/2017 11:54:27 PM EDT
[#33]
I want accuracy and decent sound reduction suppressed. The rfb was neither quiet nor accurate and I don't think a m14 based gun would meet my needs any better. Plus that would be another set of mags I'd have to keep.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 1:02:26 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

You could get yourself an 18" M14 style rifle and put it in a Juggernaut bullpup chassis. If you wanted to go this route, I'd suggest investing in an LRB barreled action and USGI trigger group. LRB makes the best M14 style rifles on the market, and are as close to USGI specs as you can get. They use receivers, bolts, and operating rods properly forged to USGI spec instead of using investment casting like Springfield and Fulton Armory. Their customer service is also top notch. If you want to spend a little less, but still have a rifle built as closely to USGI spec as possible and with forged parts instead of cast, you could get a James River Armory Rock-Ola branded M14 with a 19" barrel. I'd personally go that way for a .308 bullpup, but then I'm a big M14 fan.
View Quote
Looks like it isn't made anymore. Plus from handling one at a bullpup shoot years ago it is way way too heavy for what it is. Not counting the m14 components 7+lbs for the chassis according to the discontinued listing on brownells once you add in the m14 guts and a optic you are talking about depending on the optic potentially being near a unloaded m249 paras weight. I want to say the one I handled was 12 pounds with a red dot but it has been years so who know how far off the mark I am with that.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 7:24:26 AM EDT
[#35]
I'll try and swing by their booth at the NRA show on Saturday, hopefully they'll have some functional guns there.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 7:55:54 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I was mildly interested in getting an MDR in 7.62x51mm, but no longer. One thing that will always kill my interest in a platform or manufacturer is the hype becomes like beating a dead horse with another dead horse, and then we see zero results for years. I may possibly be interested in one of their boltguns, but in all honesty I think I'd be better served buying a Barrett 98Bravo or Accuracy International sniper rifle. At least with the AI rifle I know I'm buying an actual military issue weapon (or as close as possible) rather than a civvie gun playing tactikewl pretend.
View Quote
When AI is an option AI is the answer...
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 8:33:20 AM EDT
[#37]
If they don't start shipping they're about to run fresh out of 'late April'.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 10:43:45 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Looks like it isn't made anymore. Plus from handling one at a bullpup shoot years ago it is way way too heavy for what it is. Not counting the m14 components 7+lbs for the chassis according to the discontinued listing on brownells once you add in the m14 guts and a optic you are talking about depending on the optic potentially being near a unloaded m249 paras weight. I want to say the one I handled was 12 pounds with a red dot but it has been years so who know how far off the mark I am with that.
View Quote
I was originally going to get a M1A and that chassis, but opted for a .308 AR (that got replaced later on) instead when I held one. It was closer to 15 pounds before any accessories IICR. I can handle a heavy rifle on a long hike, but IMO that weight would be better off being rationed elsewhere (more ammo, more food, etc depending on what you're doing).
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 2:12:12 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I was originally going to get a M1A and that chassis, but opted for a .308 AR (that got replaced later on) instead when I held one. It was closer to 15 pounds before any accessories IICR. I can handle a heavy rifle on a long hike, but IMO that weight would be better off being rationed elsewhere (more ammo, more food, etc depending on what you're doing).
View Quote
That's probably correct running weight numbers I got from some quick sloppy goggle searches and the calculator on my phone a full length usgi contor m1a stuffed in that chassis would be about 13.6lbs bare with nothing else on it. Throw in a loaded mag you are at 15.2lbs before you even add a optic... So you get a battle rifle that weighs as much as a SAW. Agreed on that being a poor rationing of weight. I think it also cost as much as the rifle you stuck in it if I remember correctly. That's a huge no go for me as well. Good luck to the guys that came up with it though I remember them being pretty nice at that shoot. I want to say it was the Kentucky one but it could have been one of the Illinois ones.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 3:44:18 PM EDT
[#40]
What do you guys think the story will be on Monday?  Unfortunately I wont get to see it as I was removed from their FB page.  Please let me know.  LOL.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 4:43:42 PM EDT
[#41]
I'm sure their story on Monday will say to stop by their booth at the NRA convention for the latest news.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 5:17:24 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

That's probably correct running weight numbers I got from some quick sloppy goggle searches and the calculator on my phone a full length usgi contor m1a stuffed in that chassis would be about 13.6lbs bare with nothing else on it. Throw in a loaded mag you are at 15.2lbs before you even add a optic... So you get a battle rifle that weighs as much as a SAW. Agreed on that being a poor rationing of weight. I think it also cost as much as the rifle you stuck in it if I remember correctly. That's a huge no go for me as well. Good luck to the guys that came up with it though I remember them being pretty nice at that shoot. I want to say it was the Kentucky one but it could have been one of the Illinois ones.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Yeah... I know several people who underestimate the importance of weight a lot. I do hope they manage to make a lighter bullpup chassis for the M14 one day, but who knows.

Quoted:
What do you guys think the story will be on Monday?  Unfortunately I wont get to see it as I was removed from their FB page.  Please let me know.  LOL.
"There's something wrong with the left phalange."
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 5:33:04 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote
I have reliable information from a Kohler rep.
All the toilet seats broke at DT's facilities, their toilet seat manufacturer is "backed up" and all toilet seats are currently backordered indefinitely. As such a precarious situation like this dictates, the employees at DT are on strike until these special toilet seats are installed in their restrooms. Until further notice the MDR is delayed due to toiletgate.

Or maybe they'll just tell the truth. We completely underestimated the complexity of mass producing a quality semi-auto and this is taking much longer than we had hoped. Our management team including the President has been replaced with external hires and we hope to have production at full capacity in the next year. When an update is warranted we will let you know, until then all deposits have been returned and we are no longer taking money for a gun that is not in nor ready for production. - The new management team
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 5:36:09 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote
"The subcontractor manufacturing the corrugated cardboard box that will contain the polymer box which will contain the actual rifle did not meet our specifications as it contained 6% too much wood pulp after we ran a chemical analysis. We have ordered another run of boxes however given green peace efforts to hamper commercial timber operations in the Pacific Northwest to save the spotted owl we will have to push back shipment until mid June at the earliest.

Sincerely,
Desert Tech chief information minister

PS: to contact me for more information my working hours are every other Monday from 0900 to 0905:30."

Link Posted: 4/28/2017 5:39:40 PM EDT
[#45]
New update. Of course they're blaming someone else.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 6:04:16 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 6:38:02 PM EDT
[#47]
Holy shit, how many times can a person keep spitting out excuses before you just say "They'll ship when they ship, which may be never."
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 6:42:03 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Holy shit, how many times can a person keep spitting out excuses before you just say "They'll ship when they ship, which may be never."
View Quote
If i was one of their suppliers i'd be getting pissed by now. I know they never name name buts still they are basically blaming everything on these guys months after month.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 7:37:20 PM EDT
[#49]
I've honestly lost count of how many times they've delayed this rifle, as well as how many times they've blamed undisclosed third parties rather than themselves. This is embarrassing.

I went from being a huge fanboy of this rifle to honestly just wanting to witness the huge trainwreck this has become.
Link Posted: 4/28/2017 7:45:57 PM EDT
[#50]
Laugh out fu**ing loud

How in the hell can it always be a parts supplier and thanks for the great update DT.  

YEAH I bet it would have been ready to ship if it wasnt for one of your suppliers faults......... riigggggghhhhht.  

Now it all makes sense why it hasnt been released yet and more so why you cant get any good predictions of when it will be.  Its all because its someone else's fault month after month and year after year!!!

The hypocrisy in their statement of "in order to keep you informed we are making an update today" is very sickening.
Page / 74
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top