Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/1/2015 6:49:30 PM EDT
Any info about when and where yet? Usually their is a stickyed thread and since it's July now and they have always been in September I'm getting ancy waiting hehe. Plus I have friends who have missed past ones asking me about this years already and I have nothing to tell them.

I assume it's going to be in IL again after the schism of last years, or did everyone hammer out their disagreements?
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 11:35:02 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 1:13:00 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 1:14:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 9:14:12 PM EDT
[#4]

Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

FYI I will get a proper thread going in the next couple of days, just been so busy organizing I haven't had a chance to start one up yet!

Sven

Manticore Arms
View Quote
I know you love and support your state and all, but IL? I can't even carry my CCW there. I wish you guys would move this to a gun friendly state.

Link Posted: 7/2/2015 9:43:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Yeah.
Like Texas! Maybe it could be at Impact Zone! Not too far from my house.

Just dreaming out loud. Sorry.
Link Posted: 7/2/2015 10:55:54 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks guys your awesome this will be the fourth one I've been to. 2011,2013,2014.

I missed 2012 because I had just gotten out of police academy and don't have leave lol.
Link Posted: 7/3/2015 12:49:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 7/4/2015 10:02:21 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
I hear this occasionally, so I will try and address it as tactfully as possible, here goes:  

We tried moving Bullpup Shoot out of Illiinois, and a couple of things happened:

1.  The attendance was terrible when held out of state, despite people saying they would be a lot happier to have it in a more gun friendly state.  Last year we had 850+ people at the event here in Illinois while "the other event" had 60 people show up...exactly as we predicted would happen if we held it in Kentucky again (which is why we didn't).  Some of that had to do with issues outside of being in another state, but being in another state certainly did not help.  

2.  It cost us almost 5 times  as much in money, manpower, and lost wages/time to run the event when we ran it outside of Illinois, and there is the difficulty of transporting loads of NFA stuff to another state.

Having it in Illinois allows us to do it for a reasonable investment of time and money for a good turnout and we can get back to the shop the next day.   We also know the facilities and owners personally so can tailor the event a lot closer to what we want it to be.  

FWIW, Illinois now has CCW reciprocity with a lot of states and more are getting added every year.  I completely understand the frustration that not every state has reciprocity with us, but we have to weigh that against the reality that reciprocity is a web of can/can't no mattter what state the event is in, and we have to make the event doable from a time and money investment standpoint to be able to put it on at all.

Sven

Manticore Arms
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

FYI I will get a proper thread going in the next couple of days, just been so busy organizing I haven't had a chance to start one up yet!

Sven

Manticore Arms
I know you love and support your state and all, but IL? I can't even carry my CCW there. I wish you guys would move this to a gun friendly state.

I hear this occasionally, so I will try and address it as tactfully as possible, here goes:  

We tried moving Bullpup Shoot out of Illiinois, and a couple of things happened:

1.  The attendance was terrible when held out of state, despite people saying they would be a lot happier to have it in a more gun friendly state.  Last year we had 850+ people at the event here in Illinois while "the other event" had 60 people show up...exactly as we predicted would happen if we held it in Kentucky again (which is why we didn't).  Some of that had to do with issues outside of being in another state, but being in another state certainly did not help.  

2.  It cost us almost 5 times  as much in money, manpower, and lost wages/time to run the event when we ran it outside of Illinois, and there is the difficulty of transporting loads of NFA stuff to another state.

Having it in Illinois allows us to do it for a reasonable investment of time and money for a good turnout and we can get back to the shop the next day.   We also know the facilities and owners personally so can tailor the event a lot closer to what we want it to be.  

FWIW, Illinois now has CCW reciprocity with a lot of states and more are getting added every year.  I completely understand the frustration that not every state has reciprocity with us, but we have to weigh that against the reality that reciprocity is a web of can/can't no mattter what state the event is in, and we have to make the event doable from a time and money investment standpoint to be able to put it on at all.

Sven

Manticore Arms
Seems reasonable, your reasoning. Appreciate you taking the time to explain.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top