Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/1/2013 5:59:09 PM EDT
Can't locate a used one for under $1500, not here, not in the EE.

I thought they had come down in price considerably.

What would an E3 be worth used nowadays?
Link Posted: 12/2/2013 9:47:56 AM EDT
[#1]
I don't understand why people are asking so much for MSAR's.  Especially with Steyr AUG's being available in the $1600-$1800 range on a very consistent basis.  I think many people paid big bucks for them last year and are now stuck with them.
Link Posted: 12/2/2013 10:09:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Given that the value of Daewoos and Valmets are unusually low due to lack of parts, unsure why anyone would pay a premium for a MSAR to enjoy the privilege of limited parts availability.
Link Posted: 12/2/2013 10:19:05 AM EDT
[#3]
My dad sold his for $1400, but it took a while.

Now I have a bunch of mags I can't seem to get rid of.
Link Posted: 12/2/2013 11:11:39 AM EDT
[#4]
They're trying to sell them and have enough money to buy an AUG.
Link Posted: 12/2/2013 6:36:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
View Quote

Wise move.......
Link Posted: 12/5/2013 6:25:26 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
My dad sold his for $1400, but it took a while.

Now I have a bunch of mags I can't seem to get rid of.
View Quote

I may be able to assist you with this problem...

-Lee
Link Posted: 12/5/2013 6:32:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

That's exactly what I did and boy, am I glad I had enough sense to bail out in favor of the real thing.
Link Posted: 12/5/2013 6:42:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Sold mine over a year ago for $1,200
Link Posted: 12/6/2013 11:11:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Sold mine over a year ago for $1,200
View Quote

Check out armslist and gunbroker...very few MSAR's lower than $1500.  Some people want $1800-$1900 for a used E4
Link Posted: 12/8/2013 5:30:07 PM EDT
[#10]
iv been tempted to sell my two msar rifles, and my complete sets of spare parts , to later replace them with tavors. but my local gunshop would rape me, and at most give me $700-800 a rifle, if i was lucky.  

the fact that i would take such a  raping  on price...... and the fact my two rifles have been very good shooters,  and im stocked up on mags, complete bolt carriers, bolts, etc, and even a spare barrel, have kept me with the msar rifles.
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 6:52:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
iv been tempted to sell my two msar rifles, and my complete sets of spare parts , to later replace them with tavors. but my local gunshop would rape me, and at most give me $700-800 a rifle, if i was lucky.  

the fact that i would take such a  raping  on price...... and the fact my two rifles have been very good shooters,  and im stocked up on mags, complete bolt carriers, bolts, etc, and even a spare barrel, have kept me with the msar rifles.
View Quote

There's places to sell them other than to the local ripoff artist....like the EE...
Link Posted: 12/9/2013 7:56:13 PM EDT
[#12]
Are you guys ready to laugh?

I traded my MSAR for a LNIB HK P7 with 3 mags, box, original target, factory tool etc. It wasn't one of the police trade-ins that flooded the market a year or two ago. A nice pistol, but nowhere near being worth what I paid for that pile of shit MSAR. I traded an XCR-L and some cash to get it from a well-known arfcom user. Oh Lord, if only I could go back in time on that one. I haven't kept up with XCRs or Robinson, but that thing was built like a brick shithouse and never gave me trouble. A pleasure to shoot.

Anyway, several years later the guy I traded the MSAR to seemed anxious to finish the deal, before I changed my mind or something. I'm sure it was the deal of the century to him. Hope it worked out for him. I wanted it gone and wanted nothing to do with it, I was just happy someone wanted to trade a quality firearm for it. I'll buy the real thing next time.

I have one 10 round mag laying around that I forgot to pack up with everything else. It serves as a reminder to not be so hasty next time.

Yup.

I guess I can take some of the blame for this one, or maybe I was the only one that sold his MSAR at firesale prices? You know people are going to try and flip them for a stupid price to try and make $500-600 off of people who don't know any better. I'm assuming anyone selling an MSAR these days is trying to flip their " smokin' good deal" that they have recently acquired, once they realize what a turd the MSAR is.

A SCAR-16 replaced my XCR-L so happy ending!
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 8:24:15 AM EDT
[#13]
I bought my MSAR right when the market was saturated with them and before they filed for bankruptcy.  So I got a good deal on it, but was a little worried when I heard they went filed.  Luckily, it has run 100% for me and the previous owner said the same.  I have listed it a couple of times to get the next 'new' toy.  But I never get the asking cash price.  I have gotten a ton of trade offers, but mainly for things I already have or items I don't want.  I have passed on a few deals as I like the MSAR more than the trade offer I received.  I'll eventually get the right deal/deal and replace it with an AUG.

I always believe in getting the real thing when possible.  That is why I bought a Czech made VZ-58 vs. the Century made guns for less then half the money.  Steyr wasn't importing the AUG when I got my MSAR and I didn't want to pay $2500 for a pre-ban or USR.
Link Posted: 12/10/2013 12:21:06 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I bought my MSAR right when the market was saturated with them and before they filed for bankruptcy.  So I got a good deal on it, but was a little worried when I heard they went filed.  Luckily, it has run 100% for me and the previous owner said the same.  I have listed it a couple of times to get the next 'new' toy.  But I never get the asking cash price.  I have gotten a ton of trade offers, but mainly for things I already have or items I don't want.  I have passed on a few deals as I like the MSAR more than the trade offer I received.  I'll eventually get the right deal/deal and replace it with an AUG.

I always believe in getting the real thing when possible.  That is why I bought a Czech made VZ-58 vs. the Century made guns for less then half the money.  Steyr wasn't importing the AUG when I got my MSAR and I didn't want to pay $2500 for a pre-ban or USR.
View Quote

I had some decent trade offers for mine when the market was hot. Sig 556, Norinco AK, didn't want them at the time. Yes, I've choked myself.

AUGs still haven't really caught on and I don't think they're going to. AUGs and MSARs may again someday become one of those rare oddball collectible guns to people who never had a chance to buy one new.

People who hang onto them will probably make some money.
Link Posted: 12/11/2013 9:23:55 PM EDT
[#15]
I bought one of the rare tan E4s with 18" barrel right before everyone started to realize what a turd they were turning out to be.   Sold it shortly after unfired for maybe $100 more than I paid for it.  Just happy to be rid of it.  Did look nice.  Finally got an Aug A3 in green a couple months ago.

To finally get my fix of a tan bullpup, looking to aquire a Tavor.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top