Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/25/2013 10:27:22 AM EDT
Pictorial installation instructions here: http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_6_43/408429_.html

The AUG's I have all use either the standard A1 hammerpack or standard A3 hammerpack. I've never put any sort of modification device into the hammerpacks to change the weight of the trigger pull.
Personally, I find the AUG to have a nice trigger feel and weight once broken in. YMMV.

The purpose of the TSM-S from 2020 Precision is not a trigger weight modification. It is a trigger reset and trigger travel modifier. Supposedly it will reduce the trigger weight by a few ounces as well.
Also, from what I understand, it is not meant to be used in conjunction with other trigger modifications, I may be wrong about that though...

Will update on what I find...

Link Posted: 9/25/2013 11:11:22 AM EDT
[#1]
Where can I get one of these?
I guess you got it from Ratworx at the bullpup shoot?
Link Posted: 9/25/2013 12:06:41 PM EDT
[#2]
i would like one
Link Posted: 9/25/2013 1:17:03 PM EDT
[#3]

Link Posted: 9/25/2013 2:03:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
i would like one
View Quote

RatWorx has them in stock.
Link Posted: 9/25/2013 3:43:07 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote

I don't see them online?  (For that matter, the HTM appears to have vanished online as well?)

How much $$$?

Richard
Link Posted: 9/25/2013 5:20:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
View Quote

I didn't make it to the bullpup shoot unfortunately.

Ratworx is the place for you to get one.
Link Posted: 9/25/2013 5:47:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I don't see them online?  (For that matter, the HTM appears to have vanished online as well?)

How much $$$?

Richard
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How much $$$?

Richard

They're not on the site at the moment.  I thought I saw pricing was ~$100?
I think I saw 2020 posting recently that the Hybrid trigger packs were effectively no longer going to be sold or made?
If so, that's too bad - that one was on the list for once they made it into actual stock and seeing some feedback.
If that's the case, I guess this + a Neu-trigger is as good as it gets for now?  
I don't dislike the AUG trigger, but options are good.

Link Posted: 9/25/2013 6:15:06 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

How did you buy from Ratworx when it is not even on the website?
Maybe a link you can provide?
Link Posted: 9/25/2013 6:26:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

RATWORX:
800-675-6906 • 815-734-7346 • 815-734-4676

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_6_43/407813_Bullpup_Shoot_2013_picture_thread.html&page=1#i3821887

Quoted:
Quoted:

How would one get in contact with 2020 to purchase a TSM?

Contact RatWorx for 2020 sear. They have them in stock as if today. The Tavor 9mm kits work with Colt 9mm mags.
Link Posted: 9/25/2013 6:38:53 PM EDT
[#10]
I don't hate my bullpup triggers either. They're just different but I think a shorter reset would be nice if it were part of it.

Thanks for the posting maleante.
Link Posted: 9/28/2013 3:15:43 PM EDT
[#11]
Any idea if this could wor with the MSAR's?
Link Posted: 9/28/2013 3:38:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote

TSM-M is for MSAR; TSM-S is for Steyr.  Each one is model specific.
Link Posted: 9/29/2013 9:37:40 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is exciting news for me!
Link Posted: 9/29/2013 12:40:03 PM EDT
[#14]
I just wanted to chime in here as I am one of the few pepole who have owned and used the original  Ratworx/2020 Precision trigger pack  and had one of these newer 2020 sears installed in my MSAR at the Bullpup Shoot.  I can say that between the two, I actuaully prefer the newer part-  It is simpler, less expensive, and makes the trigger feel much better in a different but equally good way to the original full Ratworx/2020  trigger pack.  

This lightens the trigger a bit and more to the point fixes the real issue with the AUG trigger- it reduces the rather long length of trigger pull/creep to a short and consistent one which ultimately gives the feel of a much better  trigger.

One of my favorite quotes is "the designer knows he has succeeded not when he has added everything in, but when he has reduced it to the simplest form" and Roger has definitely succeeded in breaking the problem of the AUG trigger down to its most fundamental form and provide an "elegantly simple" solution to the problem.
Link Posted: 9/29/2013 4:33:05 PM EDT
[#15]
when will this be available and what will it cost?
Link Posted: 9/29/2013 4:44:09 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
when will this be available and what will it cost?
View Quote

Available right now from Ratworx (not on their website, you will need to call) for $100.  You do need to order specifically for either the Steyr AUG or the MSAR, there are two models available.
Link Posted: 9/29/2013 4:52:24 PM EDT
[#17]
fantastic. I'll make the call tomorrow.
Link Posted: 9/29/2013 7:00:54 PM EDT
[#18]
How hard is it to install?> I need to buy one baddddd
Link Posted: 9/29/2013 7:05:23 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
How hard is it to install?> I need to buy one baddddd
View Quote

Not hard at all.

I need to update with the pictures I took when I installed it.

This thing is slick. I only have one right now, but am going to have to get some more.
To say I am impressed is an understatement.
Link Posted: 9/29/2013 8:50:23 PM EDT
[#20]
Yes, pics please.
Link Posted: 9/30/2013 8:38:43 AM EDT
[#21]
Sears are up on the website.  Ordered my Steyr sear this morning.  
Link Posted: 9/30/2013 10:02:05 AM EDT
[#22]
Don't bother...I just tried and they are already out of the TSM-S
Link Posted: 9/30/2013 10:05:22 AM EDT
[#23]
They were in limited stock on the website this morning, so I called in and ordered probably the last 2 of them...

Mick

Quoted:
Don't bother...I just tried and they are already out of the TSM-S
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/30/2013 11:31:33 AM EDT
[#24]
Just spoke with Aaron briefly on the phone and snagged one of the last ones...  

He does " have a few more " they are just not up on the website. Just call him. 800-675-6906
Link Posted: 9/30/2013 1:49:59 PM EDT
[#25]
I'll refrain from hoarding any since it will be a while before I can put them to use, but: any ideas on how long for them to restock and I also want to wait for maleante's or someone's illustrated install, preferably a video.
Link Posted: 9/30/2013 2:20:04 PM EDT
[#26]
Excellent news... I'll be getting a couple of these once I'm able to squirrel some cash away, my wife was not happy with the last CC bill
Link Posted: 9/30/2013 2:22:02 PM EDT
[#27]
FYI, Ratworx will be restocking the TSM-S very soon.  The MSAR-compatible model is still available.   They just uploaded a new video showing how to install this new sear.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z4KWouHyJII&feature=c4-overview&list=UUFOEQVgnP8fH9tEYGRX_fwg
Link Posted: 9/30/2013 3:38:53 PM EDT
[#28]
The video ends with instructions to give the pack a little squirt of oil, wipe it down, and reinstall... I guess this means a little lube is recommended with the 20/20 sear?  Or am I misinterpreting Ratworx's advice in the video?
Link Posted: 9/30/2013 8:23:48 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Yes, pics please.
View Quote

"As you wish"

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_6_43/408429_2020_TSM_Installation_Instruction_Pictorial.html
Link Posted: 10/1/2013 7:10:54 PM EDT
[#30]
Is this similar to the trigger tamer?  Seems to look a like.
Link Posted: 10/1/2013 8:06:27 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Is this similar to the trigger tamer?  Seems to look a like.
View Quote

No.

This is a trigger tamer:

This is a TSM slide:

Trigger tamer reduces trigger pull weight.

TSM reduces trigger travel and reset, and also gives a bit of a reduction in trigger pull weight..
Link Posted: 10/4/2013 9:24:18 AM EDT
[#32]
Anyone have any thoughts on teh wear between plastic and the metal?  Or is this a moot point if you just grease it up?
Link Posted: 10/4/2013 6:50:04 PM EDT
[#33]
"If you hammer releases with this test, you need to evaluate what you did wrong and fix it..."

Well damn. It came this afternoon and I already had my pack from the old A1 apart ready and waiting to get this new sear in. Memorized this set of pictures and watched the Rat Works video a few times.
Straight-forward parts swap and not really difficult to do...EXCEPT:
I've had this thing together and apart no less than 10 times this afternoon with no luck in getting the drop safety to work correctly. Won't catch on hooks either when slowly releasing new TSM-S sear.
No trigger reset when installed in the gun...The hammer just releases (after dry cocking) as soon as I try and release the trigger to find the reset.

What have I done wrong? My hands are toast right now and I'm fix'n to get ready to get my head that way too...

There's always tomorrow.
Link Posted: 10/4/2013 7:17:21 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
"If you hammer releases with this test, you need to evaluate what you did wrong and fix it..."

Well damn. It came this afternoon and I already had my pack from the old A1 apart ready and waiting to get this new sear in. Memorized this set of pictures and watched the Rat Works video a few times.
Straight-forward parts swap and not really difficult to do...EXCEPT:
I've had this thing together and apart no less than 10 times this afternoon with no luck in getting the drop safety to work correctly. Won't catch on hooks either when slowly releasing new TSM-S sear.
No trigger reset when installed in the gun...The hammer just releases (after dry cocking) as soon as I try and release the trigger to find the reset.

What have I done wrong? My hands are toast right now and I'm fix'n to get ready to get my head that way too...

There's always tomorrow.
View Quote

You test the drop safety with the hammerpack out of the gun.

To do so, press in a forward/down motion on the drop safety (so that it pivots and bottoms out on the floor of the hammerpack).
Once it is bottomed out, carefully try to move the slide backwards.
The drop safety should prevent the slide from moving backward and releasing the hammer.

The purpose of the drop safety is to prevent firing of the gun when dropped on the muzzle. If dropped muzzle down, the slide would want to move rearward (thus releasing the hammer). The drop safety prevents that from happening.
The only way to test is to drop your unloaded gun on the muzzle (no thanks) or to simulate the action with the hammerpack out of the stock.

Link Posted: 10/4/2013 7:47:13 PM EDT
[#35]
"You test the drop safety with the hammerpack out of the gun..."

Fails everytime I try it (out of the gun)

The original parts, the several times I tried work as advertised...Every time I try.

I stumped.
Link Posted: 10/4/2013 7:50:26 PM EDT
[#36]
Do you see the leg of the drop safety lower when the drop safety is activated? It should block the rearward travel of the slide.

Can you take some pictures???

I'll take some pictures... brb.
Link Posted: 10/4/2013 8:07:57 PM EDT
[#37]
If everything is installed correctly, with the hammerpack just sitting idle, the drop safety should interface with the TSM like this:

With the drop safety activated, by pressing forward, the leg of the drop safety should be blocking the lower rear of the TSM.

In that position, it will stop the sear/slide/TSM from moving rearward. That stops the hammer from being released.
Link Posted: 10/4/2013 9:58:09 PM EDT
[#39]
@10XX

As you mentioned the pack belongs to an "old A1", I couldn't help wondering if its hammer sear has been modified/shortened like the one shown in this photo(the one in the back).  If that's the case, it would explain the problem that you're having.  I hope this helps.

http://i675.photobucket.com/albums/vv114/whole9yard/AUGhammers.jpg
Link Posted: 10/5/2013 4:02:38 AM EDT
[#40]
huh...

Link Posted: 10/5/2013 4:39:04 AM EDT
[#41]
Sorry for the delay in answering...The sandman won. Those hooks do look just like mine.

Send it back or change the hammer hooks?

http://i849.photobucket.com/albums/ab52/forrest10x/IMG_4596_zps29fae2bb.jpg
http://i849.photobucket.com/albums/ab52/forrest10x/IMG_4598_zps8ec2fadf.jpg
Link Posted: 10/5/2013 7:52:34 AM EDT
[#42]
@10XX

Please check your IM.
Link Posted: 10/5/2013 11:35:58 AM EDT
[#43]
I looked through this thread. Does it mean that the TSM-S do not work properly at A1/A2 triggerpacks unless newest A3?
Just ordered one TSM-S for my Steyr A2
Link Posted: 10/5/2013 12:37:49 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I looked through this thread. Does it mean that the TSM-S do not work properly at A1/A2 triggerpacks unless newest A3?
Just ordered one TSM-S for my Steyr A2
View Quote

I happen to have a '97 AUG trigger pack with an TSM.  It works just fine.

http://i675.photobucket.com/albums/vv114/whole9yard/97.jpghttp://i675.photobucket.com/albums/vv114/whole9yard/97-TSM.jpg
Link Posted: 10/9/2013 3:38:34 PM EDT
[#45]
WooHoo! Mystery solved... A small error in labeling the part is what caused me so much grief! The two sears are definitely not compatible!

"Somehow, one MSAR-compatible sear got mixed into a batch of Steyr-compatible sears during the laser engraving process..."

Lessons learned? I'm not crazy and I got pretty fast at taking the trigger apart and putting it back together again.  Pay attention and do your safety checks after parts swapping. If something doesn't seem right, it probably isn't.

Trigger pack is on its way back home with the correct sear installed and a range report will follow after this weekends shoot, weather permitting.

Thank you to the responsible parties that went overboard to quickly contact me and correct the problem and to make it as painless as possible...You're good people.

All's well that ends well.

10XX
Link Posted: 10/9/2013 4:43:14 PM EDT
[#46]
Now I have to ask, how did you discover teh mix up?  Have access to another sear?  Did you get dimensions to measure from RAT/2020?
Link Posted: 10/9/2013 4:51:34 PM EDT
[#47]
Great news, glad you got it sorted. I was perplexed as to why you were having problems.

You're really going to love the way the 2020 TSM transforms your gun.
Link Posted: 10/12/2013 2:33:28 PM EDT
[#48]
Just installed mine, so here's my review.

Install was really easy, especially having looked over Mal's install thread.  Just noticed that teh drop safety spring is a mini AR15 trigger spring.

Anyhow, took some measurements before and after.  Unfortuantely, it didn't dawn on me to take trigger reset measurements until the swap was already completed.
All test conducted 3 times.
PreTSM
Trigger at rest, unsprung slop taken up, 2.65 inches.  Sear broke at 2.555 to 2.54 inches.  Total avg pull .1 inches.

Post TSM
Trigger at rest, unsprung slop taken out, 2.635 inches.  Sear broke at 2.55 to 2.558.  Total avg pull .08 inches.

Couldn't really tell any diference in trigger pull weight.  However, it didn't/doesn't feel extremely heavy to me, nor did my original trigger pull length really bother me.  I could do rapid fire just as well with my A3 as I can with my stock trigger AR's.  Guess I should have waited for my A3 to get in before I ordered the TSM.  What I will say I really like about the TSM is teh short reset now, very Glock like.  (Although I cannot tell if this is actual or perceived since I didn't get measurements.)

ETA: teh TSM is also very light.  I thought there may be some hef tto it since it's metal, but it must be some magic aluminum magnesium conundrum, becasue it feels as light as plastic, and if I hadn't seem machined pics, I coulda sworn they were plastic.
Link Posted: 10/15/2013 5:22:59 PM EDT
[#49]
My test this weekend with the new 2020 TSM-S trigger sear for the AUG went very smooth. The trigger re-set is worth the price of admission alone...

The trigger travel is perceptively shorter and subjectively crisper. I had to use the short line (50 yards) for groups as I was a bit late in getting there, but these are typical
groups off the bags from the sitting position...Handloads of 77 grain Sierra, 75 grain Hornady and LC '07 55 grain ball all shoot very well in my A1, and today was no exception.

A good trigger for me, is most noticible in slow or cadence fire. This upgrade is good kit and made for shooting good groups. More trigger time and testing to follow.

http://i849.photobucket.com/albums/ab52/forrest10x/IMG_4617_zpsec9ed72c.jpghttp://i849.photobucket.com/albums/ab52/forrest10x/IMG_4620_zpsf5f8489c.jpg
http://i849.photobucket.com/albums/ab52/forrest10x/IMG_4621_zpsae532bbf.jpg

Link Posted: 10/19/2013 6:39:43 AM EDT
[#50]
Back in stock at Ratworx!
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top