Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/2/2013 3:09:34 PM EDT
Never heard of them until today.  I have been looking into it since the discovery but I seem to notice a lot of problems with them.  The issue with this is the reviews I keep finding are several years old and I can't find any updated information on the firearm... Basically, have the issues been worked out and all.  

In other news, I am thinking a .308 Bullpup would be cool to have, so if there is a better one out there I'd like to know about it.  

Thanks!  
Link Posted: 9/2/2013 3:21:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Check out the juggernaut rogue stock for m1a.
Link Posted: 9/2/2013 3:31:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Unobtainium.

Where can you find one?

Kel-Tec cannot meet demand on any of their products: RFB, PMR 30, RMR 30, Sub 2000, KSG
Link Posted: 9/2/2013 3:44:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/2/2013 3:53:23 PM EDT
[#4]
I have been seeing a few on auction here and there, but pricey,  that's something to be expected for this anyway..

The Juggernaut looks interesting, but seems like it might be unwieldy and large.  Pictures probably do it no justice.
Link Posted: 9/2/2013 4:26:02 PM EDT
[#5]
I've had one for almost 2 years now.  It is the gun which really got me hooked on bullpups.  Mine has been switched to a gen 2 gas system, and works very well now.  I believe Keltec is getting the kinks worked out with them, and people are working on an auto gas system for it (stock setup has about 40 gas settings to adjust for different types of ammo).  Very fun rifle which I have shot out to 200 yards with a Burris Fastfire (red dot) only.  I have no plans to get rid of mine.  I would recommend it if you can find one, but setup the gas system properly to avoid problems.
Link Posted: 9/2/2013 4:31:07 PM EDT
[#6]
I've got one in the sub-500 SN range, had it since 2010 I believe, got thousands of rounds through it with no problems...

Link Posted: 9/2/2013 5:43:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Great gun, neat design, very compact...but many problems with a finicky gas system and recoil spring guide welds.  Both are easily fixed but I've had parts on mine sent back twice now.

One of the guys at the KTOG is working on a auto gas plug...that would be the cats ass on that rifle.
Link Posted: 9/3/2013 2:52:12 AM EDT
[#8]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I have been seeing a few on auction here and there, but pricey,  that's something to be expected for this anyway..

The Juggernaut looks interesting, but seems like it might be unwieldy and large.  Pictures probably do it no justice.
View Quote

I ordered a Vltor stock for my socom, then switched to the Juggernaut then back to the vltor. I read a less than favorable review by a former owner. He sold it after a while, saying he thinks there will be better stocks coming along.
I would be willing to gamble on an rfb. A buddy of mine had one of the glock-using folding rifles that was problematic and Keltec offered to buy it back from him after its second trip tothd repair center.
Link Posted: 9/3/2013 3:27:05 AM EDT
[#9]
Forgot to say gun tests magazine is planning a review of the rfb.
Link Posted: 9/4/2013 5:36:58 PM EDT
[#10]
I really want one but don't want to pay the price people are asking for them on gunbroker.  I've seen decent prices on armslist but I'm afraid of being scammed on their.
Link Posted: 9/5/2013 12:39:52 AM EDT
[#11]
I've decided to give the RFB a try, I'm still shopping around.  In my research......

You have to adjust the gas system for the rounds you're firing.
They tend to need a break in period.
People seem to be pretty happy with them.

I figure I can give it a good going over and smooth it up.  A couple areas look like a little TIG weld reinforcement would be a good idea.

A compact 308 sure would lend itself to be taken anywhere.
Link Posted: 9/5/2013 1:50:58 AM EDT
[#12]
I will buy one eventually whether price comes down a bit.
Keltec will take care of it. I read somewhere that a gas plug is in development which is what I see as the main issue.
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 6:01:53 PM EDT
[#13]

Love mine,  keep looking and you can find one
Link Posted: 9/7/2013 7:05:13 PM EDT
[#14]
I just picked up one. Got it from a gunshop in Tennessee for a good price. I love it, and I have not found the muzzle blast that loud at all. I highly recommend it.

I like Nutnfancy's review of it. KelTec RFB Full Review: One of A Kind
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 1:35:56 AM EDT
[#15]
I've been trying to decide for months whether to trade my Aug for one... love the aug, but there's just something about 7.62 that speaks to me
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 6:07:49 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I've been trying to decide for months whether to trade my Aug for one... love the aug, but there's just something about 7.62 that speaks to me
View Quote

I would read up on the Kel-Tec first, I've wanted one every since they were announced but I don't like doing "beta testing"

Kel-Tec Forum
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 8:06:33 AM EDT
[#17]
I had one on order from Kel tec. I like the concept but the execution (so far)  has kept my money in my pocket.
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 10:18:33 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I had one on order from Kel tec. I like the concept but the execution (so far)  has kept my money in my pocket.
View Quote

That is what has me concerned

Too many jamming & breakage reports.

I really want one that WORKS! It would be GREAT loaded with Hornaday .308 110 gr TAP
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 10:14:45 PM EDT
[#19]
I've got one that had a problem with the carrier not wanting to go back into battery, sent it in with my suppressor and they took good care of the problem then they machined a custom gas piston for suppressed use. So far I love mine, ammo is getting expensive though...
Link Posted: 9/8/2013 11:00:10 PM EDT
[#20]
I will never buy a Kel-Tec. Not for $1000, not for $10. My buddy drank the kool-aid and bought a KSG. I am fairly certain that I could break that weapon with one good smack across a sign post. My 4 year old has toys made out of higher quality material....
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 12:17:33 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I will never buy a Kel-Tec. Not for $1000, not for $10. My buddy drank the kool-aid and bought a KSG. I am fairly certain that I could break that weapon with one good smack across a sign post. My 4 year old has toys made out of higher quality material....
View Quote

But if your only experience with KelTec is with the KSG then I can't really blame you, it does feel a bit toy-ish.

But show me one documented case of KT's polymer failing under normal conditions, if you're concerned about the construction.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 1:36:35 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote

Your opinion is duly noted, however it is not consistent with the available information.

KSG Testing
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 12:53:50 PM EDT
[#23]
I have an RFB and really enjoy it.

Yes, as critics have pointed out the RFB is not "battle" tested as other 7.62 /.308 platfroms; but it has been a great rifle for me.   With a Trijicon Accupoint 1-4 it has harvested two deer for me, and can shoot almost MOA groups.

The Kel Tec RFB has replaced my favorite rifle in my collection, the HK-91 as my go to deer rifle for the past 3 years.

Link Posted: 9/9/2013 3:54:41 PM EDT
[#24]
Absolutely love mine (just got it about a month ago).  My MSAR STG has been quite reliable and enjoyable, but this is a step up.  Better trigger and FAR more powerful round (duh!) in compact package = win in my book.

Given how everything else had gotten so expensive, and remember: people were willing to pay for plain old AR-15 LR-25 guns... $1800 or so for one of these is well worth it.  With the polymer mags now available I just don't see a downside.  The reliability issues seem to have been sorted out.
What else?
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 3:59:07 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 3:59:32 PM EDT
[#26]
What are the prices you guys have been paying for one?
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 4:17:28 PM EDT
[#27]
1800-2200 on gunbroker
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 4:34:48 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
1800-2200 on gunbroker
View Quote

Don't buy on gunbroker...

I got mine for $1400 out the door brand new at a local shop...
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 4:49:04 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Absolutely love mine (just got it about a month ago).  My MSAR STG has been quite reliable and enjoyable, but this is a step up.  Better trigger and FAR more powerful round (duh!) in compact package = win in my book.

Given how everything else had gotten so expensive, and remember: people were willing to pay for plain old AR-15 LR-25 guns... $1800 or so for one of these is well worth it.  With the polymer mags now available I just don't see a downside.  The reliability issues seem to have been sorted out.
What else?
View Quote

I hope to hear more reviews  like this one of the RFB as time goes on. I would love to own a reliable one.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 4:52:51 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
1800-2200 on gunbroker

Yeah, if you can find one.

It's a fun gun to shoot.  The PWS .30 muzzle brake made a big difference in muzzle rise and somewhat in recoil.  Not bad as the shooter, but you don't want to be standing next to it.

Mine's been back to the factory twice.  Great customer service, I just wish it hadn't been necessary.

I wouldn't want to have to rely on it though.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 4:56:43 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

I have a KSG and after learning its operation quirks it is a very good CQB shotgun. Most problems encountered with this shotgun is caused by short-stroking.. easily trained away. It would be better if it was semi-auto.. but thats a bridge best left unburned by Kel-Tec .I am pretty sure I could damage my AR15 , make it inop by a full force swing against a metal pole but that doesn't prove it is a flimsy weapon.  I don't think that is a fair metric by which to judge any firearm. Granted that the KSG would not be my first choice of shotgun If I had to carry one into battle... but as an HD/vehicle/ camp shotgun it would be hard to beat.... if it was priced reasonably. I bought a KSG for under $700 and  would happily buy another for around the same price.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 5:21:54 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

It's a fun gun to shoot.  The PWS .30 muzzle brake made a big difference in muzzle rise and somewhat in recoil.  Not bad as the shooter, but you don't want to be standing next to it.

Mine's been back to the factory twice.  Great customer service, I just wish it hadn't been necessary.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
1800-2200 on gunbroker

I've got a Vortex on mine for now.

Thought about shooting it at one of my 2gun matches, just because

I've had a handful of feed failures and that was with one crappy surplus mag.  I wouldn't have any trouble trusting mine as it sits, it's got about 2000 rounds through it as of now.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 5:23:07 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

I have a KSG and after learning its operation quirks it is a very good CQB shotgun. Most problems encountered with this shotgun is caused by short-stroking.. easily trained away. It would be better if it was semi-auto.. but thats a bridge best left unburned by Kel-Tec .I am pretty sure I could damage my AR15 , make it inop by a full force swing against a metal pole but that doesn't prove it is a flimsy weapon.  I don't think that is a fair metric by which to judge any firearm. Granted that the KSG would not be my first choice of shotgun If I had to carry one into battle... but as an HD/vehicle/ camp shotgun it would be hard to beat.... if it was priced reasonably. I bought a KSG for under $700 and  would happily buy another for around the same price.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Watched a fattt guy and his little 18yo daughter run a 3 gun Saturday with a KSG.
On a match where you start with 5 in the gun and there are 10-12 clays, it's not the ideal shotgun...
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 5:32:58 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
1800-2200 on gunbroker

That's a pretty good deal.
Link Posted: 9/9/2013 5:35:41 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
1800-2200 on gunbroker

That was over 3 years ago, sub-500 SN, when everyone HAD TO HAVE ONE NOW
Link Posted: 9/10/2013 1:49:25 AM EDT
[#36]
lol are you trying to say the have to have it now group has gone away.

Its the same now any rfb at sub 1800 is gone in a instant.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top