Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/18/2013 5:41:02 AM EDT
Heads up:
New US made factory Steyr AUG black bottom 30 round mags $20 each
View Quote

http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_2_530/237386_____20____each__Steyr_AUG_30_round_mags.html

EDIT 26 JULY:

Cleaning the shop today I found a box of new US made Steyr AUG black 30 round mags

So while supply last I will sell these for $20 each for the guys that missed out last go around!

Thanks,
Pete Athens
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/18/2013 8:19:57 AM EDT
[#1]
That's awesome!
I wonder why the sudden price decrease?
I emailed Pete and asked if there are any difference than the other standard black AUG mags he is selling, if no difference, I will be buying some.
Link Posted: 6/18/2013 12:23:38 PM EDT
[#2]
I remember reading ONE report from 2009, where a guy had feeding problems with them, but nothing since then.  
I her they have beefier feed-lips, which I like.
If I weren't so broke, and the wife didnt get laid off with no notice yesterday, I'd definitely be in for 2-3 (still may once I sell an RMR--just not sure which one I want to dump yet...I bought two to compare--last week, when I wasn't the sole breadwinner).  :)
Link Posted: 6/18/2013 6:00:01 PM EDT
[#3]
If I remember correctly, a case of AUG magazines is about 300 magazines.
From my conversation with him, he is just selling a case at a discount to us and is about 2/3 sold out.
Link Posted: 6/19/2013 10:30:15 AM EDT
[#4]
I picked up 5 of em yesterday, he said he'd sold through about 160 of the 200 he had available.

Link Posted: 6/19/2013 3:20:03 PM EDT
[#5]
I just spoke with Pete and I'm going to get five myself.

Correction. I ordered 10. Pete says he has about 100 left and there won't be any more deals like this one.

Thanks maleante.
Thanks Pete.
Link Posted: 6/19/2013 4:28:18 PM EDT
[#6]
My friend and I each bought 20. It's a little disgusting seeing that I had 25 beforehand, and he had 45!
Link Posted: 6/19/2013 9:46:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Man.  I really hope there are 2 left for me once I get some funds together.
Link Posted: 6/20/2013 3:01:39 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Man.  I really hope there are 2 left for me once I get some funds together.

PM me when you get it together if Pete is sold out. I'll sell you a couple of mags.
I'm almost where you are now!
Link Posted: 6/20/2013 5:43:07 AM EDT
[#9]
Thank you Pete and maleante!

Danny
Link Posted: 6/20/2013 5:18:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 6/20/2013 6:05:32 PM EDT
[#11]
Got my order in! Thanks, Pete.
These are apparently the same mags that ship with the new A3's.

That being said, how does one tell these mags apart from the Austrian made mags?

Mick
Link Posted: 6/20/2013 7:27:31 PM EDT
[#12]
They're black?
Link Posted: 6/20/2013 10:56:16 PM EDT
[#13]
Just the bottom is black, like most 30rd AUG mags (except for the new that are green or whatever).
It has to do with the numbers...the US made ones have periods between sets or they don't and the others do.
I also hear they have thicker feed lips.
Link Posted: 6/21/2013 5:43:44 AM EDT
[#14]
I was under the impression that only the bottoms are US made and the mag body and everything else is for from overseas.

Danny
Link Posted: 6/25/2013 10:26:48 PM EDT
[#15]
I know the 2 us mags that came with my a3 wouldn't strip the top round when the hold open was released. Upon inspection I figured it was the thicker feed lips that made this so. Kinda made me weary of the us mags.
Link Posted: 6/26/2013 6:23:10 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Just the bottom is black, like most 30rd AUG mags (except for the new that are green or whatever).

It has to do with the numbers...the US made ones have periods between sets or they don't and the others do.

just recieved mine from Pete.  they look to be very high quality.  it seems that the side walls are thicker than my 90's vintage AUG mags.  the feed lips also have a different geometry to them and the reinforcing ribs on the side (but only the ones that extend out of the mag well) are much beefier

Link Posted: 6/26/2013 7:01:12 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Quoted:

just recieved mine from Pete.  they look to be very high quality.  it seems that the side walls are thicker than my 90's vintage AUG mags.  the feed lips also have a different geometry to them and the reinforcing ribs on the side (but only the ones that extend out of the mag well) are much beefier

I have 8 black AUG mags and they all functioned wonderfully, and I could not get the top round to pop out when I hit the bottom of the mag.
Just received my order of AUG mags from Pete a few days ago, hopefully these $20 mags are exactly the same as my older AUG mags.
Link Posted: 6/26/2013 7:28:34 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Quoted:

Pics, please. :-)
Link Posted: 6/28/2013 4:21:45 AM EDT
[#19]
noticed 2 more differences:

they dont drop free on either an open or closed bolt.  my older Steyr mags do

once the mag is inserted, i have to use a slight rocking motion to the rear to get it to lock in.  i do not have to do this with my earlier mags...    
Link Posted: 6/28/2013 7:24:53 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
noticed 2 more differences:

they dont drop free on either an open or closed bolt.  my older Steyr mags do
once the mag is inserted, i have to use a slight rocking motion to the rear to get it to lock in.  i do not have to do this with my earlier mags...    

All my USA made mags do this too...
I do not have any experience with the all Austrian made mags so I thought it is normal.

The need for the rocking motion to get the mag to seat properly seems to be coming from the locking lug on the mag being slightly 'off spec' from the original mags.

Link Posted: 6/28/2013 7:51:52 AM EDT
[#21]
I'm not sure if this is relevant, but, when I got a new stock on my AUG A3, I had to loosen the screw by the magwell to get the mags to load without the rocking motion and to drop free. You might give that a try.
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 10:03:36 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 11:57:42 AM EDT
[#23]
Pete, just sent you am email for order information.
Link Posted: 7/26/2013 5:22:32 PM EDT
[#24]
wish I wasn't broke
Link Posted: 7/27/2013 11:07:13 PM EDT
[#25]
I just emailed you my order. I felt pretty stupid for not getting in on the batch!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top