Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/3/2011 8:32:24 AM EDT
I remember a thread awhile back of a guy bedding his stock so his receiver wouldn't wobble around - anyone have a link?

My STG-556 has a really loose fit, the receiver can move quite a bit side to side.  I'm sure this isn't good for accuracy.

On a side note––-is this more of a stock issue or a receiver issue on toleracnes?

Link Posted: 10/3/2011 8:39:12 AM EDT
[#1]
I have the same issue on one of my STG's and was wondering the same thing?
Link Posted: 10/3/2011 9:04:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Also interested, mine was super tight when new.
About 350 hundred rounds now loose.
I went to the hardware store and found a thin O-ring 1/16th OD that would stretch  around the receiver and fill the gap between stock and receiver.
Have not shot it yet (friggen rain) to see if it will hold up without getting cut between the two parts.

I did put an o-ring on my barrel replacement to fix a loose fit between the bbl. and receiver that has held up , it does not fit as well as the original that had a messed up chamber. .
Link Posted: 10/3/2011 9:16:10 AM EDT
[#3]
A little JB weld aroudn the round plastic  "button" on the front of the stock and a little bit to build up the surface on the front flat arear of the stock the receiver bears on. sand/file for a perfect, snug fit.
Link Posted: 10/3/2011 10:00:35 AM EDT
[#4]
It was a receiver issue, not a stock issue.  I bet your serial number is in the 7500 to 8750 range.
Link Posted: 10/3/2011 11:49:45 AM EDT
[#5]
My one that fits tight is IN that range and my one that is loose is NOT in that range...go figure!
Link Posted: 10/3/2011 1:34:19 PM EDT
[#6]
Mine is in the 9400+ range.
Link Posted: 10/3/2011 5:56:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Has it been that long?
I coated the pin and front face of the stock with J-B Weld then filed it to fit.
It's been super-tight since I did it.
As for the barrel, I put a thin, silicone o-ring around it to tighten it up.
Eventually, I'd like to get the real fix from Ratworx.

Pic:

Thanks,
Lee
Link Posted: 10/3/2011 7:24:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Hey that stock is on "FIRE"!

Cool work, I might have to do the same.  It's not so sloppy that it's in dire need of it but it has always annoyed me that it doesn't lock up nice and tight.
Link Posted: 10/4/2011 7:25:16 AM EDT
[#9]
I find it a bit funny that when I complained of this exact issue on my replacement rifle a year and a half ago I was told I was crazy, now in a thread of 10 people responding half have this same issue.

MSAR and the "hive" all said no way-MSAR never makes any shit products-they are awesome

When will all you learn-sell the piece of shit to some newbie dumb ass and get a real STEYR while you can if you want an AUG.
Link Posted: 10/4/2011 8:36:31 AM EDT
[#10]
Thanks for your input.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top