Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/30/2011 9:45:35 AM EDT
I thought I read that there was going to be some new info for about either MSAR  (the company) or the MSAR e4/stg (Rifle) (possibly new components, rifles, etc...) coming out at the bullpup shoot.  

Did I miss it?

Or did I miss-read it?

Thanks
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 10:07:24 AM EDT
[#1]
There was no new official information on the status of MSAR at the Bullpup Shoot.

Link Posted: 9/30/2011 10:14:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
There was no new official information on the status of MSAR at the Bullpup Shoot.

What about unofficial? :)
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 10:31:49 AM EDT
[#3]
They have officially declared bankruptcy and officially no longer have any production facilities in NC, where their FFL was located.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 10:37:17 AM EDT
[#4]
That's what i am wondering "unofficial"

What I was hoping to here was something like (Just my want list)

Ratworx USA to make

MSAR in 5.56 (E4 style)

with 16" 1 in 8 twist, 5r rifling,  Wylde chamber, 1/2 x 28 threads, SS or melonite coated (standard)

Ratworx bolt (standard)

HTM 2020 New trigger pack (standard)

Manticore Talon Scope mount (30mm) (Standard)

Manticore Talon Charging handle (standard)

All for under .................................wait for it...................................................$1300

Also Ratworx/Manticor/2020/cmmg/etc....................made 22lr adapter for $200, and 6.8 spc conversion offered once again

as well as being able to import that dang handguard from Europe that lets you hold the and rest the MSAR more like a normal rifle

This would really make my day

But knowing my luck I will walk around like for a while until I win the lottery

Link Posted: 9/30/2011 11:06:55 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nothing I can post about, sorry.

Link Posted: 9/30/2011 11:11:26 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
That's what i am wondering "unofficial"

What I was hoping to here was something like (Just my want list)

Ratworx USA to make

MSAR in 5.56 (E4 style)

with 16" 1 in 8 twist, 5r rifling,  Wylde chamber, 1/2 x 28 threads, SS or melonite coated (standard)

Ratworx bolt (standard)

HTM 2020 New trigger pack (standard)

Manticore Talon Scope mount (30mm) (Standard)

Manticore Talon Charging handle (standard)

All for under .................................wait for it...................................................$1300

Also Ratworx/Manticor/2020/cmmg/etc....................made 22lr adapter for $200, and 6.8 spc conversion offered once again

as well as being able to import that dang handguard from Europe that lets you hold the and rest the MSAR more like a normal rifle

This would really make my day

But knowing my luck I will walk around like for a while until I win the lottery

The price point may be a bit low, but short of the melonite in the barrel, the horizontal handguard, and the 22lr kit you can pretty much make that happen today!

I will say I appreciate the vote of confidence and it is good to hear people wanting "custom builds" like that, I'll pass the word along to some movers and shakers.
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 2:09:16 PM EDT
[#7]
Is MSAR still reorganizing or did it go the way of Solarindra and the Do Do Bird ?
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 3:55:52 PM EDT
[#8]
did it go the way of Solarindra and the Do Do Bird ?
  I'm betting on the Do Do bird.  LOL
Link Posted: 9/30/2011 7:20:24 PM EDT
[#9]
We need a .22 LR kit.

I know they would sell.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 5:44:41 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nothing I can post about, sorry.

Any thing you can PM about?
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 7:50:33 AM EDT
[#11]
Well, I think the Bullpup shoot was pretty well done and popular even though it's only in its second year. So that I think gives an indication at least that the MSAR was a very popular non-AR rifle. I mean when you look at the General Firearm Discussion board or just "family photos" of collections now days your chances of seeing an MSAR mixed in with a bunch of AR's are pretty good. So, if MSAR had a failing it was in the management of their business not that they didn't have a popular product.

If there is a good demand for something somebody somewhere is going to meet that demand with a supply.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 8:42:08 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Well, I think the Bullpup shoot was pretty well done and popular even though it's only in its second year. So that I think gives an indication at least that the MSAR was a very popular non-AR rifle. I mean when you look at the General Firearm Discussion board or just "family photos" of collections now days your chances of seeing an MSAR mixed in with a bunch of AR's are pretty good. So, if MSAR had a failing it was in the management of their business not that they didn't have a popular product.

If there is a good demand for something somebody somewhere is going to meet that demand with a supply.

You have an excellent understanding of the situation on all points.
Link Posted: 10/1/2011 9:55:41 AM EDT
[#13]
.22LR kit would get me back in the bullpup game
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top