Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/3/2011 6:24:20 PM EDT
Being an owner of a Steyr AUG I want a trigger upgrade like the rest of us. I have seen some of the trigger upgrades and now the  pack that Ratworx is working on that uses AR15 parts.

My question to the AR15 community gunsmiths is why can't some of the parts in the stock plastic hammer pack simply be machined from a metal alloy (or plastic) to dimensions that would reduce the trigger pull weight and be smoother. It seems to me this would be the most straight forward approach and maintain reliability. Not to mention being more cost effective.
Link Posted: 8/3/2011 8:04:23 PM EDT
[#1]
take your cocked AUG and slam it butt first on the ground.............that's why.......
Link Posted: 8/7/2011 8:43:05 AM EDT
[#2]
Send your trigger pac to Bill Springfield and www.triggerworks.net

He can make it smooth and crisp quickly.
Link Posted: 8/8/2011 6:32:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Being an owner of a Steyr AUG I want a trigger upgrade like the rest of us. I have seen some of the trigger upgrades and now the  pack that Ratworx is working on that uses AR15 parts.

My question to the AR15 community gunsmiths is why can't some of the parts in the stock plastic hammer pack simply be machined from a metal alloy (or plastic) to dimensions that would reduce the trigger pull weight and be smoother. It seems to me this would be the most straight forward approach and maintain reliability. Not to mention being more cost effective.

Because there's already about a gozillion AR15 hammers, triggers, disconnectors out there so it makes more sense to mod the rifle for those parts than to make something completely new.
Link Posted: 8/9/2011 1:18:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Off topic a bit, but has anyone seen the new billet trigger for the PS90?  Wondering if anyone here has had a chance to play with that?
Link Posted: 8/10/2011 5:20:02 PM EDT
[#5]
How about the hybrid pack from ratworx? Anbody get theirs or an update? I figured they would be shipping by now.
Link Posted: 8/11/2011 2:36:05 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
How about the hybrid pack from ratworx? Anbody get theirs or an update? I figured they would be shipping by now.

You could always check that thread: http://www.ar15.com/forums/t_6_43/345542_A_new_solution_for_the_AUG_MSAR_hammer_pack____by_gutting_it_.html&page=6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top