Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 3/5/2011 12:29:11 PM EDT
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W638QRLqUyc

Really excited about this shotgun. Some nice updates.
Link Posted: 3/5/2011 12:57:37 PM EDT
[#1]
I want one of these cant wait till they come out.
Link Posted: 3/5/2011 1:03:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Where do I preorder an OD one?
Link Posted: 3/5/2011 1:17:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Where do I preorder an OD FDE one?

Fixed.
Link Posted: 3/5/2011 1:24:47 PM EDT
[#4]
They say polymer, but I got wood.  
Link Posted: 3/5/2011 1:28:33 PM EDT
[#5]
Seriously though, weren't there some preorder places out there in another thread?
Link Posted: 3/5/2011 1:36:46 PM EDT
[#6]
I understand putting holes in the tubes to see how many shells one has left. But, it might be an invitation to dirt, mud, sand and whatever else to get in the tubes as well. This is the only thing about it that I am conflicted about. Otherwise, I still really want one.
Link Posted: 3/5/2011 1:38:10 PM EDT
[#7]
I can imagine on half side empty it might get lopsided feeling to.  Wish it were semi auto that alternated sides.
Link Posted: 3/5/2011 1:43:50 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

I understand putting holes in the tubes to see how many shells one has left. But, it might be an invitation to dirt, mud, sand and whatever else to get in the tubes as well. This is the only thing about it that I am conflicted about. Otherwise, I still really want one.

Yeah, that thought crossed my mind.
Link Posted: 3/5/2011 1:51:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Meh...at least it has holes on the bottom to drain.
Link Posted: 3/5/2011 2:00:24 PM EDT
[#10]
price?
Link Posted: 3/5/2011 5:38:50 PM EDT
[#11]
DO WANT

Did he really say "at the end of the year" shipping???
Link Posted: 3/5/2011 5:57:53 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

DO WANT

Did he really say "at the end of the year" shipping???

I think so. Guess they're going to try to bring it out by the end of the year.
Link Posted: 3/5/2011 6:23:20 PM EDT
[#13]
That's SOOO cool.

So, I haven't seen much written about it, but I assume you could load slugs in one tube, and buckshot in the other...and then choose which type of ammo as needed.  Is that true?
Link Posted: 3/5/2011 6:24:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
They say polymer, but I got wood.  

Don't worry they will make that out of polymer also one day.

Link Posted: 3/5/2011 6:24:20 PM EDT
[#15]

Link Posted: 3/5/2011 6:30:51 PM EDT
[#16]
The balance on that looked fantastic (like many bullpups), I bet it snaps onto target wonderfully.  Gimme.
Link Posted: 3/5/2011 6:32:13 PM EDT
[#17]

WOW

very nice - they are listening to the Customer and made all these upgrades very nice.

on my list for sure - he said by the end of this year so plenty of time to put cash aside
Link Posted: 3/5/2011 6:38:51 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
That's SOOO cool.

So, I haven't seen much written about it, but I assume you could load slugs in one tube, and buckshot in the other...and then choose which type of ammo as needed.  Is that true?

Yes, it's true. You can flip the lever at anytime to choose between the two.

Just watched the video and I am very pleased at the improvements that they have done so far.

Link Posted: 3/5/2011 6:45:27 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
price?

some online merchants were having them pre order price at $650 or so hopefully under $700
Link Posted: 3/5/2011 6:51:38 PM EDT
[#20]
This is looking better and better!
Tomac
Link Posted: 3/5/2011 6:59:13 PM EDT
[#21]
I guess I'll hold off on getting that 870, THIS is the one for me.  
Link Posted: 3/5/2011 7:06:09 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:
price?

some online merchants were having them pre order price at $650 or so hopefully under $700

Who?
Link Posted: 3/5/2011 8:42:54 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:
price?

One video said MSRP would be about $880.
Link Posted: 3/5/2011 9:51:02 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
price?

Who?

http://www.midwesthuntersoutlet.com/item/516040__Kel-Tec_Rifles_Shotguns_KSG_12_18_5_14+1_TOP_PIC_RAIL.aspx?w=uIX6ocEC4l0%3d&APID=386&nn=3
Link Posted: 3/5/2011 10:17:53 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Exactly what I thought as well.
Link Posted: 3/5/2011 11:53:29 PM EDT
[#26]
I wish they went with the shell tubes above the barrel like the South African Neostead.

Why, would lower the barrel and reduce muzzle climb a bit. make loading the barrel easier.

But good to see that Keltec is addressing issues with their firearms prior to release than the other way around.
Link Posted: 3/6/2011 4:59:58 AM EDT
[#27]
I'll be getting one of these.
Kel-Tec is really becoming a driving force for innovation.
Link Posted: 3/6/2011 7:09:33 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I wish they went with the shell tubes above the barrel like the South African Neostead.

Why, would lower the barrel and reduce muzzle climb a bit. make loading the barrel easier.

But good to see that Keltec is addressing issues with their firearms prior to release than the other way around.

But that would look like crap.  As is, it looks awsome.  My AR15 is my go to gun, so looks are important to me in a shotgun that won't be my primary defense tool.
Link Posted: 3/6/2011 8:50:08 AM EDT
[#29]
Seeing as how no other tube fed shotgun has ever needed holes in its magazine tube I really don't see the positive outweighing the negatives.  It's not a 30rd magazine, it's only 7rds per side, knowing whether you fired two rounds or six rounds is not alot to expect of the shooter as opposed to knowing whether you fired 22rds or 29rds.  All you need to do is sweep your thumb back to go to the other tube anyways.
Link Posted: 3/6/2011 8:54:31 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Seeing as how no other tube fed shotgun has ever needed holes in its magazine tube I really don't see the positive outweighing the negatives.  It's not a 30rd magazine, it's only 7rds per side, knowing whether you fired two rounds or six rounds is not alot to expect of the shooter as opposed to knowing whether you fired 22rds or 29rds.  All you need to do is sweep your thumb back to go to the other tube anyways.

I could see them replacing the holes with  clear plastic.  I am impressed at how quickly they made improvements.
Link Posted: 3/6/2011 9:54:48 AM EDT
[#31]
My take is that if you are in a situation where enough crap in the tubes to stop the rounds from feeding then the ejection/loading port in the bottom of the gun will be completely plugged too.
There are a ton of openings in any firearm that can get stopped up and these viewing ports don't concern me.
I think someone will come out with a video of this gun firing with someone flinging mud on to the tubes just to prove it works but I don't need to see it.
Unless I can pick the lady holding the gun.
Link Posted: 3/6/2011 2:34:40 PM EDT
[#32]
HOLY CRAP

DO WANT DO WANT DO WANT
Link Posted: 3/6/2011 3:30:28 PM EDT
[#33]
I may as well just start forwarding my checks to Kel-Tec.
Link Posted: 3/6/2011 4:23:55 PM EDT
[#34]
i may need to hunt some ringnecks with one.
Link Posted: 3/6/2011 4:41:44 PM EDT
[#35]
They should put rails on the sides for tac lights.
Link Posted: 3/6/2011 7:21:53 PM EDT
[#36]
Great to see them active in the pursuit of perfecting the weapon prior to release. It looks like a great weapon if you like tube fed pump guns.... but it is no match for my Saiga 12. I can fire 100 rounds in one minute via 5 mags, mag change time included. Try that with the KelTec
Link Posted: 3/6/2011 7:39:32 PM EDT
[#37]
Oh yeah and is that a Primary Arms Micro clone on the black KSG in one of the videos?
Link Posted: 3/6/2011 7:41:38 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Great to see them active in the pursuit of perfecting the weapon prior to release. It looks like a great weapon if you like tube fed pump guns.... but it is no match for my Saiga 12. I can fire 100 rounds in one minute via 5 mags, mag change time included. Try that with the KelTec

I'm debating getting a Saiga 12 or this, I think I'll go with this.  I prefer the reliability of the pump action.
Link Posted: 3/6/2011 7:55:21 PM EDT
[#39]
I still wish there was a way to auto-select the next tube when the first runs dry.  Since it would be a stupid idea to use less-lethal and lethal ammunition in the same gun, it just makes more sense to have 14 rounds automatically on tap instead of having to swap the lever.  You'd basically still have your choice of buck or slug, but in the middle of using the shotgun there's no need to reach anywhere or manipulate anything under stress when you run out of one.  I think that would endear it with police a bit more.
Link Posted: 3/6/2011 7:58:46 PM EDT
[#40]
  I agree about the tube windows. I would be happy to see two indicators on each tube at 2 or 3 and 1 round left. All of the updates look to be worth while. That's what you get when you let gun lovers fondle at Shot. Looks like that will payoff for us in the final product. Can't wait to get mine...
Link Posted: 3/6/2011 9:11:01 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly what I thought as well.

Me too...they should be sealed, clear plastic windows.  Will scratch, but better than holes
Link Posted: 3/7/2011 3:24:02 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm debating getting a Saiga 12 or this, I think I'll go with this.  I prefer the reliability of the pump action.

I have done extensive work to mine and it will cycle common "low brass" commercial loads reliably. I'm not sure how much it would cost to have an outside source make one as reliable, but I would say North of $300 for the reliability service. Most Saiga 12s run fine with loads that most would consider 'Home Defense'. If you aren't into working on things yourself or spending a lot for someone else to do it, then this may be your option for semi-high capacity in a shotgun. If the KelTec were semi-auto and accepted removable mags, I would certainly consider buying one. I'm just not fond of pumps and tubes.

Link Posted: 3/7/2011 5:23:46 AM EDT
[#43]
Have you guys seen the Hexolit 32 12 gauge Shotgun Expanding ammo?  Looks pretty wicked.

Link Posted: 3/7/2011 12:02:18 PM EDT
[#44]
Blood<  the "non auto" or manual tube change is a must...it allows this weapon in all most all states..if it was auto change then it wouldnt.

That said...i too would like an option...or after market "auto-change" switch...and with that semi auto action....now that would be tops....possibly quick change tube mags...were you would flip down a lever in the front and pull out both empty tubes...then insert a new loaded one....i would of designed it with an intergrated fold away grip with flshlight and laser...i realy dont like the aftermaket add on look of grips and lights.  

Still as is this is on my list, if i dont just make my own semi auto bullpup shotgun.
Link Posted: 3/7/2011 12:10:05 PM EDT
[#45]
I agree on the slot for seeing ammo...that just silly...all that was needed was a red tab to showlast 2 rnds....and a green tab at the front to show full....that was all.....not a slot for each round...  and heck with my idea you could of made it protrude so  it could be felt at NIGHT

That way if they were to protrude out left and right they could be quickly seen...or felt with the trigger finger when the last two are up...so as a shooter you would start by shooting the rounds on the right tube and check for the "2 round tab" once you felt the tab you would know..."2 too go" and be ready for the switch.  the slots are a bad idea!!!!!!
Link Posted: 3/7/2011 1:10:49 PM EDT
[#46]
I gotta get one of these things.......
Link Posted: 3/7/2011 1:42:48 PM EDT
[#47]
OK, OK... I have officially reached DO WANT status.
Link Posted: 3/7/2011 1:48:05 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
OK, OK... I have officially reached DO WANT status.

It's those 37mm shells that did it for you, wasn't it?
Link Posted: 3/7/2011 3:44:37 PM EDT
[#49]
The holes are small, so small stuff may get in.  But hopefully, the movement of the shells and the spring will push it out the bottom holes as well.  But if they are going to put holes in the mag tubes, it better be pretty easy to open them up for cleaning.  In a dusty environment, I'd want the ability to clean them out.  Better yet, I'd rather have an option not to have witness holes.  I doubt they'll do that though.  For the record, I'm in the crowd that doesn't think they are necessary.
Link Posted: 3/7/2011 9:37:39 PM EDT
[#50]
I'm going to guess that since the tubes are so close to the axis the lopsided feel will be minimal.

Is it bad I'm wanting to fill my gun closet with a couple Keltecs?
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top