Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/30/2011 3:03:30 PM EDT
I would love to get a Bullpup next year, thought about getting an MSAR E4 but after lurking on this board reading comments here they'll probably be out of buisness in a matter of weeks.  And the MSARs seem to be loaded with problems.

So I'd like to get an AUG A3, they stopped making them but looks like production will be restarted soon.  Problem is, I want AR Mags since I'm an AR guy, I'm also a LEFT handed AR guy.  As I understand it, if you go with the NATO stock on the A3 you can't swith to the left side is that right?
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 3:15:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Yup, that is correct.  Your options are if you want left hand eject are:

1. Get the A3 and use AUG mags.  They are better than all AR mags except the PMag, and those are equal

2. Get the A3 and use an MSAR E4 stock, they will work just fine on an A3...

3. Get an MSAR E4...

I've heard rumblings of some people thinking about trying to cut the left hand port open on a NATO stock, but have not seen anyone actually do it that I know of....
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 4:39:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Definately get an A3.  They are awesome weapons. I'm a lefty as well, I went with the standard steyr stock with a left hand bolt.  My partner who is also a lefty but has hundreds of AR mags (literally) went with an A3 in an E4 stock.  works great.

D
Link Posted: 1/30/2011 8:08:33 PM EDT
[#3]

Good question.

Only the folks in Austria know the answer to it.

Link Posted: 1/30/2011 8:13:31 PM EDT
[#4]
IIRC, the NATO stocks on have one, full-length, trigger rod due to the mag catch but I don't see why that would affect the lefty ejection port. Could be some strange NATO thing...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top