Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/14/2010 1:44:28 PM EDT
OK, let's see..

Who here has actually mounted anything on their E4 stock rails?

As for me, I took them off since I never use them

Post pics if ya got em
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 1:55:36 PM EDT
[#1]
They aren't very practical, especially with the offerings from BobNo1 and 2020.  I had a SF Scout mounted on the rail on the side of my A3 until I got a grip rail.  It was an okay spot, but out front is much better.

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 2:03:19 PM EDT
[#2]
I found no use for the stock rails, and I tried really hard.  At one time I mounted a Streamlight TLR 2 on one lower forward rail and put the tape switch on the other.  Then I decided that lasers belong below the barrel.  

Then I decided that I like the STG stock a whole lot better.  

The one accessory that works really well is Ratworx single point sling adaptor.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 2:08:18 PM EDT
[#3]
My E4 stock did not come with any, but that being said I could not find a practical use for the rails even if they were mounted.

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 2:15:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 2:43:39 PM EDT
[#5]
If you are talking about the side rails, I find them very useful.  I have mounted a 600 Lumen Surefire on the right side (I am left handed so I just use the thumb of my shooting hand to activate) when I use my E4 for HD.  I removed one of the rear side rails and replaced it with the single point sling mount, but if I were to use one of my Ops Gear sling mounts it would have gone on the rail in place of the Ratworx mount.  This light is so powerful that the barrel does not produce a shadow and the light is protected (not hanging out there).

MadDog

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 3:28:52 PM EDT
[#6]
I'll play

TLR3 and 105mw green laser.

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 3:41:07 PM EDT
[#7]
Harry:

Is your suppressor a thread-on or QD model?  My AAC Ranger is a thread on and it will mount "without" the check-nut.  Without the nut you are assured the suppressor will seat 100% concentric with the bore (provided the barrel threads were cut right) and will reduce the overall length by another 1/4".

Just a thought,
MadDog
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 4:08:38 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Harry:

Is your suppressor a thread-on or QD model?  My AAC Ranger is a thread on and it will mount "without" the check-nut.  Without the nut you are assured the suppressor will seat 100% concentric with the bore (provided the barrel threads were cut right) and will reduce the overall length by another 1/4".

Just a thought,
MadDog

Its a thread on. Didn't feel like buying 8 QD mounts at $60+ each. It fits fine without the checknut but I get lazy sometimes and it stays perfectly concentric with it on there (I checked) so it's just a matter of how I'm feeling
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 4:12:39 PM EDT
[#9]
Ratworx has a pretty nice single point sling adapter that goes on the stock hardpoints.  The E4 SWAT packages come with them.  My coworker has one and is pretty happy with it.  Single point sling just isn't for me though.

I use the receiver side rail for my light.  I just picked up the nine inch version and my light is in a pretty good place for me.

ETA I just noticed MadDogDan has the single point sling mount on his pup.  So there it is...
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 4:27:47 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

If you are talking about the side rails, I find them very useful. I have mounted a 600 Lumen Surefire on the right side (I am left handed so I just use the thumb of my shooting hand to activate) when I use my E4 for HD. I removed one of the rear side rails and replaced it with the single point sling mount, but if I were to use one of my Ops Gear sling mounts it would have gone on the rail in place of the Ratworx mount. This light is so powerful that the barrel does not produce a shadow and the light is protected (not hanging out there).

MadDog

http://img682.imageshack.us/img682/6951/bullpuplight012.jpg

http://img201.imageshack.us/img201/8631/acoge4006.jpg

Is that the Vltor flash hider? I really like those.

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 4:46:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I found no use for the stock rails, and I tried really hard.  At one time I mounted a Streamlight TLR 2 on one lower forward rail and put the tape switch on the other.  Then I decided that lasers belong below the barrel.  

I like the STG stock. I had my receiver milled for the square lock and E4 stock. I wanted to use AR mags. I have now decided that GEN IV stock is the best.

Link Posted: 9/14/2010 6:21:09 PM EDT
[#12]
Handy for my bipod. Thats it.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 7:23:51 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

I like the STG stock. I had my receiver milled for the square lock and E4 stock. I wanted to use AR mags. I have now decided that GEN IV stock is the best.

Agreed. The oversized bolt release and superfluous rails of the E4 stock are a turn-off...
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 7:25:05 PM EDT
[#14]
I do wish I had the E4 rail on my STG sometimes for sling purposes. I like my urban ERT sling, but the E4 stock would have given me a lot of options.

I like that the bolt release is more flush/incorporated into the stock.

I like the texture behind the ejection port.

I don't like the finger bump in the pistol grip.
Link Posted: 9/15/2010 3:25:47 AM EDT
[#15]
When I got my E4 stock I just wanted an option to use AR mags and possible conversion if a 6.8 set up comes out. I did put my little unimax laser on the 3" rail up front. It made reaching the switch with my trigger finger a snap.  Problem was the rail was too close and I found the rail to be more of a pain. Keeping my trigger finger straight along side the frame/stock when not shooting was more difficult. With the rail I had to move my trigger finger further down when not firing and thus putting it in an awkward position for me. Also the switch on the laser was too close and an accidental turning on of the laser was too easy. I took the rail and the laser off. I have no rails on my stock and put 1/4x20x1/4 screws in the open holes. My M3X light is mounted on a 9" rail that is on the receiver I am still happy though that I have my E4 stock and an option to use AR mags. The STG stock is all set up right now with a trigger pack and butt plate so switching between the two stocks is simple.

Here is a pic w/ the STG stock I run the light the same way on the E4 stock also.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top