Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/12/2010 5:47:30 PM EDT
Looks like these just came up for sale today.

http://www.gunbroker.com/Auction/ViewItem.aspx?Item=190482337
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 6:09:06 PM EDT
[#1]
Ain't that somethin'! That's the bcg I sold him not too long ago! In fact those are even my pictures! (Look at any other pictures I've posted, does the carpeting look familiar?...)
Tomac
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 6:49:14 PM EDT
[#2]
I've been in communications with the seller all this weekend. Asked him on whether his stuff was Gen 3 or 4 and sent him info how to tell the difference. Anyhow I was interested in Gen 4 stuff vs the Gen 3 parts he has so guess he decided to go the GB route.

He's US Army in Afganistan & needs funds for a flight home. It would be good if someone can help him out.

Hope he finds a buyer.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 7:14:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Wow, making soldiers pay for plane tickets for leave from a combat zone.  Just wow.
Link Posted: 9/12/2010 10:53:22 PM EDT
[#4]
Tomac yes those are you pics but no that is not you BCG sorry I dont have pics of my own parts so I used google and your were the most representative of that Piece I was selling. Sorry hope that not a problem. The plan tickets arent from Afghanistan to the states those are free but they are for once I reach the states. Sorry for any confusion.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 4:01:39 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Tomac yes those are you pics but no that is not you BCG sorry I dont have pics of my own parts so I used google and your were the most representative of that Piece I was selling. Sorry hope that not a problem. The plan tickets arent from Afghanistan to the states those are free but they are for once I reach the states. Sorry for any confusion.

No problem, snaggletooth. Even if that was the BCG I sold, the person I sold it to has the right to do whatever they want to w/it,
Tomac

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 11:35:09 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks only the stock annd trigger pack remain turns out they are 100 percent GEN 4.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 12:18:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Doesn't matter.  From one vet to another, they should pick up the tab on your plane ticket to wherever you want to go.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 12:42:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Wow, making soldiers pay for plane tickets for leave from a combat zone.  Just wow.

ummm something aint right here. they don't make them pay for a flight home from a combat zone. don't even have to pay for leave from a combat zone.
ok just read the above post....you sign on a flight using "space A" and fly for free. My wife took leave in germany, her son and I flew over and home for free.

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 12:51:36 PM EDT
[#9]
I've been deployed four times and if he is saying he has to pay his own way home he is full of shit.  The military will fly you to what ever airport you choose in the US or overseas.  You go to Ali Al Salem in Kuwait where they divide you into east coast and west coast and people going to other countries.  They have a travel agency there in Kuwait which arranges your flight from Dallas (thats where you fly into from Kuwait if your final destination is in the western half of the US) to where ever you want via commercial airline.  A guy in my unit went to Australia for leave on one deployment and Thailand on the next.  Didn't have to pay a dime in airfare.  This was how it was working as of six months ago anyway.  Just fyi Ali Al Salem sucks big time.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 1:22:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Originally Posted By KG mauserman:
I've been deployed four times and if he is saying he has to pay his own way home he is full of shit.  The military will fly you to what ever airport you choose in the US or overseas.  You go to Ali Al Salem in Kuwait where they divide you into east coast and west coast and people going to other countries.  They have a travel agency there in Kuwait which arranges your flight from Dallas (thats where you fly into from Kuwait if your final destination is in the western half of the US) to where ever you want via commercial airline.  A guy in my unit went to Australia for leave on one deployment and Thailand on the next.  Didn't have to pay a dime in airfare.  This was how it was working as of six months ago anyway.  Just fyi Ali Al Salem sucks big time.

He's not full of shit.  When I was in Iraq in '03, it was the same way.  Military flights were no charge, but once you got back to the states you had to pay your own way.  I thought then, and still do, that is just wrong.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 4:06:15 PM EDT
[#11]
now they get you to your end airport closest to your home. many things have changed since my wifes first tour 5 years ago.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 5:39:59 PM EDT
[#12]
The leave program started in 03, I know cause I was there at that time too, and ran out of money cause they hadn't planned for it like just about everything else at that time and some soldiers had to buy tickets for part of the trip or the whole trip.  I had to buy my own airline ticket from Kuwait to Portland Oregon which cost me a pretty penny, but I didn't care cause I hadn't been home in nine months by that time.  Since that time however they have gotten it together and now they will get you to the closest airport of your chosing.  If I remember correctly the period where you had to pay your own way was only a month or two.  I had to find my way to camp Doha and then go to a travle office there and buy my own ticket.  They have long since gotten their act together when it comes to leave.  Now you don't even get charged for leave when you go home for two weeks.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 6:13:25 PM EDT
[#13]
When I was in Iraq 08-07 I went from BIAP to ALI Asalem to Frankfurt to Chicago and had to buy a ticket from Chicago to Buffalo and Back to Chicago. I am hereing now that I will be flown all the way home without buying a ticket But once Im there I have other places to go people to see and things to do so I have to buy other plane tickets. I have also been told that in that same time that other people that were on leave didnt have to pay for tickets at all. But we were told youd be flown to DFW or Chicago an then you were on your own.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 6:17:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

HUUUGGGEEEEE +1 That's the first thing that came to my mind when i read that....if we're gonna fly them somewhere, ANYWHERE, we better have the return ticket already purchased.

ETA: I read the rest of the thread now.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 6:18:28 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
When I was in Iraq 08-07 I went from BIAP to ALI Asalem to Frankfurt to Chicago and had to buy a ticket from Chicago to Buffalo and Back to Chicago. I am hereing now that I will be flown all the way home without buying a ticket But once Im there I have other places to go people to see and things to do so I have to buy other plane tickets. I have also been told that in that same time that other people that were on leave didnt have to pay for tickets at all. But we were told youd be flown to DFW or Chicago an then you were on your own.

God bless the military.  I really miss it sometimes.  I think we've jacked this guys thread, so I'm gonna bow out.  Apologies, OP.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 6:31:47 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Quoted:

God bless the military.  I really miss it sometimes.  I think we've jacked this guys thread, so I'm gonna bow out.  Apologies, OP.

agreed joe.  snaggletooth you either were not paying attention at your briefs in kuwait or you got totally screwed.  good luck getting home this time.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 6:32:49 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hey, no apologies needed. It's as good a place as any to converse. The only intent I had for the thread was a heads up for a good deal on parts...needless to say I gave in to the urge myself.

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 6:35:59 PM EDT
[#18]
Im going with totally screwed haha. Its pretty much what you dont know you dont know gets you screwed.
Link Posted: 9/14/2010 5:44:05 AM EDT
[#19]
If one were looking for a spare MSAR hammer pack w/ extras, one could probably find such an item in the EE in the Rifle & Shotgun Parts & Acc.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top