Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/9/2010 11:36:11 AM EDT
So, this isn't a review really since I just got this thing, but I thought I'd give a heads up to those who might be looking for a nice small soft rifle case for their STGs and E4s.

The UPS man just delivered a Condor 28" rifle case in OD Green Color. (Condor's website for info http://www.condoroutdoor.com/150_28riflecase.aspx )

I came across this little soft case when I was in the Tactical Gear Forum here at AR15.com looking at Condor "Summit Soft Shell" Jacket and discovered a link to a website for airsofters called "AirsoftGI.com." Well the Condor jacket has been given some real good reviews including a long winded, but informative one by Nutnfancy over on youtube.com so I decided to go for it and when I saw this case for $31.00 and that I would get free shipping on an order over $100 I figured what the heck and ordered the case as well.

The case has one main compartment that according to the Condor website measures 28" in length and it is a very tight, but doable fit for the 27.5" STG556. The barrel and buttplate slide into ends slots on each respective end of the case and the rifle is held in tight through two velcro straps in the middle that wrap the rifle in. With my EOTech and Inventure Concepts Tri-Rail with Magpul RVG attached the rifle bulges a bit at the top of the case, but the zippers do zip up secure. There are two compression straps on the rifle case as well and these help further tighten in the rifle and relieve pressure on the zippers a bit at the top. It's a very tight fit, but very doable without having to break the rifle down by detaching the quick detach barrel. The case comes with a nice little front compartment and it's big enough to fit in my Steyr pistol hard case with room to spare. There is also MOLLE webbing on the front of the case to attach magazine pouches along with a real nice padded carrying strap and padded carrying handle.

Overall, so far I like it. It is made from 600 Denier and has double stitching throughout and decent velcro. The compression buckles are by no means ITW type buckles, but they're decent and should do the job for what I need out of a rifle case. The MOLLE is really well spaced as well and appears well stitched. I have to say so far I'm impressed as it seems on par with soft cases I've seen that are 3 to 4 times the cost of this $31.00 case. It's no substitute for a Pelican hardcase and the MOLLE scream "tactical," but for $31.00 it's pretty nice. It's well padded between the main compartment and exterior as well so it should offer good protection while riding over the country roads on the way to the rifle range in my trunk.

I'll use it and abuse it for a few weeks and let you guys know what I think after that, but if you're looking for a soft case you might want to check it out.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 5:49:31 PM EDT
[#1]
I just picked up one of these BULLDOG Black 35" EXTREME TACTICAL RIFLE CASE  on GB for $32 shipped.  Nice case and fits the STG well.  

What I would like to find is a breifcase type case 22"x16"x6" to cary it disassembled.  Cut the foam inside to fit the stock, bolt carier, receiver and mags.
Link Posted: 9/9/2010 6:37:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 9:33:48 AM EDT
[#3]
I've got one of the cases LaRue offers for mine. Just take the barrel off, put it in the upper space and the rest of the rifle in the lower space. I would, however, rather have a Pelican or Storm hard case.
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 11:21:22 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm about to buy a Pelican 1600 case with the pick and pluck foam. It's 21.88"L x 16.88"W x 7.75"H. Will be perfect to carry with the barrel off.
$150 but that's how I roll!

http://www.casesbypelican.com/app-1600.htm
Link Posted: 9/10/2010 11:47:44 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

I just picked up one of these BULLDOG Black 35" EXTREME TACTICAL RIFLE CASE  on GB for $32 shipped.  Nice case and fits the STG well.  

http://internetguncatalog.com/IGC/pics/Large/48814.jpg

What I would like to find is a breifcase type case 22"x16"x6" to cary it disassembled.  Cut the foam inside to fit the stock, bolt carier, receiver and mags.

I have the same one! Fits perfect with the front handle folded in.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 2:07:45 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I went with a similar case made by Uncle Mikes. With a standard red dot sight on a PP rail, I now have to fold the FG down to be able to zip the bag closed, but no big deal. Nice case that was on sale at the time when I got it.

Link Posted: 9/13/2010 2:18:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I'm about to buy a Pelican 1600 case with the pick and pluck foam. It's 21.88"L x 16.88"W x 7.75"H. Will be perfect to carry with the barrel off.
$150 but that's how I roll!

http://www.casesbypelican.com/app-1600.htm

I keep looking at that one too.  If they only had one 6" wide, I'd be all over it.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 5:27:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
The UPS man just delivered a Condor 28" rifle case in OD Green Color. (Condor's website for info http://www.condoroutdoor.com/150_28riflecase.aspx )

I'll use it and abuse it for a few weeks and let you guys know what I think after that, but if you're looking for a soft case you might want to check it out.

I've had this same base (mine's black) for my 16" STG for the last nine months or so, and it's worked wonderfully.

The STG fits in at an angle (muzzle down, butt up), and I have to flip the grip up, but it's easy to close, even with my optic (MI Aimpoint mount with CompC3) mounted. It actually helps if I insert a 30-round magazine into the rifle, as that keeps the rifle butt angled up perfectly.

It seems like a tight fit, but the V-shaped buttpad of the STG actually makes it quite easy to get the zipper started.

Even nicer, the front pouch expands enough that I could fit all 20 of my spare magazines (7-42's, 6-30's, and 7-20's) but I'd hate to heft the thing if they're all loaded.

Paid around $30 at a local gunshow, and I'm glad I took the chance on it.
Link Posted: 9/13/2010 5:39:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Cool. I like it so far. Looks good and works well. Ultra compact.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top