Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 1/23/2010 3:25:27 AM EDT
Seen mention of it on Ratworx site but no prices or information. Does anyone have any idea on availability or price in lefty configuration.
Link Posted: 1/23/2010 7:20:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Give up and buy a 6.8 AR.
I have been watching for  the long awaited and often promised 6.8 from MSAR since they sold their first STG-556.  Some of the first advertisements for the MSAR promised a 6.8 conversion.  I bought one of the first 5 tan limited edition rifles and have been waiting for the promised conversion for several years now. It was just a few months back that Dave promised some 6.8's would be built to gauge interest and that they would ship soon. I called Ratworx and they said not to get in a hurry and don't send money.  That was back in September . Think MSAR needs to check a Webster dictionary for the word "soon".

Yeah I am on a rant.

I had the money for 6.8 MSAR and was even willing to go the 2K price. Now with the new administrations bungling of the economy my income has dropped to the point where I won't be spending any money on a rifle this year. Heck I may be looking for a nice bridge to live under.

Shot Show should not be like the auto shows. We don't need or want to see "concept guns" and "what ifs" . When a company brings it to the shot show they should  be producing it before the next years shot show or leave it at home.  

Good luck with the 6.8 MSAR. I gave up. I don't think it is coming.  

Link Posted: 1/23/2010 11:05:50 AM EDT
[#2]
Already have 2  6.8 AR's  wanting something different if they materialize I will buy one unless something catches my before they actually come out with one.
Link Posted: 1/23/2010 1:42:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Same goes for me.  I want a 6.8 conversion so bad that I'd consider selling my Steyr A1 to buy an MSAR.  I don't think Steyr has plans for the 6.8, so I'll have to go American for that conversion.  Fine with me if someone would just make one.
Link Posted: 1/23/2010 4:15:37 PM EDT
[#4]
Last I heard it was $1600 and that's in either lefty or righty.  No idea on when it will hit the street.  I wonder how many are in line and if that's holding up the production.

I'll admit I have been waiting.  I'm trying to decide between the MSAR or a LWRC M6A2-S ($2300 ?).  The fact that there's a significant price difference only makes it harder.
Link Posted: 1/23/2010 8:00:06 PM EDT
[#5]
I talked to Dave this week at SHOT.  He confirmed what he posted a few weeks ago.  He has parts and will put together a 6.8 (or 7.62) upon request.  
     Another man at the MSAR booth told me 3 months for rifle caliber conversion kits, 1 year for handgun caliber carbines.  
     When I asked about other calibers at Steyr I was told they are working on a 6.5.  He couldn't elaborate why 6.5 before 7.62 or 6.8.
Link Posted: 1/23/2010 11:31:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the info.  I might have to make a call Monday.

As for Steyr & 6.5, I can only surmise they are trying to get a share of the 6.5 market out there.  No one else really is.
Link Posted: 1/24/2010 6:37:51 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
     When I asked about other calibers at Steyr I was told they are working on a 6.5.  He couldn't elaborate why 6.5 before 7.62 or 6.8.

This greatly interests me, and it would make sense considering that Sabre has been doing the 6.5Grendel for some time.  That would also mean that Steyr will have to come up with a 6.5G compatible AUG mag.  

Might have to build a 6.5G upper for my AR in anticipation of this coming out.  

Link Posted: 1/24/2010 9:15:25 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:

This greatly interests me, and it would make sense considering that Sabre has been doing the 6.5Grendel for some time.  That would also mean that Steyr will have to come up with a 6.5G compatible AUG mag.  

Might have to build a 6.5G upper for my AR in anticipation of this coming out.  

FWIW...Someone posted on another forum that Sabre does make 6.8 SPC barrels for at least one other vendor but does not sell them under their name...

Link Posted: 1/24/2010 10:09:12 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I talked to Dave this week at SHOT.  He confirmed what he posted a few weeks ago.  He has parts and will put together a 6.8 (or 7.62) upon request.  
     Another man at the MSAR booth told me 3 months for rifle caliber conversion kits, 1 year for handgun caliber carbines.  

Maybe MSAR patented a 6.8 in the AUG configuration.
Link Posted: 2/2/2010 6:35:45 AM EDT
[#10]
Hey Dave, can we get an update.  Good or bad ?
need to keep the idea of a 6.8 bull pup on the first page
Link Posted: 3/9/2010 10:12:25 PM EDT
[#11]
If I take a 4th generation MSAR and add the E4 stock can I convert to 6.8 when the conversion comes out?  Or is there some other difference with the Factory E4?  Thanks
Link Posted: 3/10/2010 12:54:14 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
If I take a 4th generation MSAR and add the E4 stock can I convert to 6.8 when the conversion comes out?  Or is there some other difference with the Factory E4?  Thanks

No difference.  4th gen will take the E4 stock just fine.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top