Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/18/2009 6:08:44 PM EDT
Good Afternoon Gentlemen,

I am going to purchase one (many) of these fine rifles very soon and would like to see if anyone would be open to making a recommendation on which model I should purchase based on a few requirements I would like to have with the weapon.

I understand Mictotech has developed an E4 version, which has several features that appeal to me.

I like the ability of this version to accept AR magazines, as well as the update to the pistol grip (finger groove).

Question: With this particular version, am I able to get it with the standard 1.5x optic, with the option of adding a flat optic rail in the future?

Question: If so, are there variations of this top optic rail?

I have seen many members posted pictures of this variation with varying degrees of top optic rails.

I do not like the extended rail version, but would like to add the lower rail version (the version mounts extremely close to the receiver).

Question: It this lower optic rail a possibility with the E4 version?

Question: Will the forward bolt assist be absent from the version (E4)? I do not wish to have that feature.

Any help or guidance you can give on which generation weapon will meet my requirements will be greatly appreciated.

I look forward to owning several of the Microtech weapons in the coming months.

Thanks,
Jason

Link Posted: 12/18/2009 6:21:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Good Afternoon Gentlemen,

I am going to purchase one (many) of these fine rifles very soon and would like to see if anyone would be open to making a recommendation on which model I should purchase based on a few requirements I would like to have with the weapon.

I understand Mictotech has developed an E4 version, which has several features that appeal to me.

I like the ability of this version to accept AR magazines, as well as the update to the pistol grip (finger groove).

Question: With this particular version, am I able to get it with the standard 1.5x optic, with the option of adding a flat optic rail in the future?

** Yes.

Question: If so, are there variations of this top optic rail?

**The std STG has a shorter/taller optic rail. The E4 has the longer/lower optic rail that's most like the height of a flattop AR.

I have seen many members posted pictures of this variation with varying degrees of top optic rails.

I do not like the extended rail version, but would like to add the lower rail version (the version mounts extremely close to the receiver).

Question: It this lower optic rail a possibility with the E4 version?

**Yes. If you go w/the factory optic now you can purchase the E4 optic rail later (like I did for my STG's).

Question: Will the forward bolt assist be absent from the version (E4)? I do not wish to have that feature.

**Yes. The E4 doesn't have the FA.  
Any help or guidance you can give on which generation weapon will meet my requirements will be greatly appreciated.

I look forward to owning several of the Microtech weapons in the coming months.

Thanks,
Jason

HTH, keep us posted!...
Tomac
Here's a pic of one of my STG's w/the E4 optic rail installed:

Here's an earlier pic of one of my STG's w/the original factory STG optic rail:

Link Posted: 12/18/2009 6:31:09 PM EDT
[#2]
That is exactly what I am looking for!

I like that set up. Nice Weapon.

Thanks for the information.

Jason
Link Posted: 12/18/2009 7:27:05 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
That is exactly what I am looking for!
I like that set up. Nice Weapon.
Thanks for the information.
Jason

Thx! And you're welcome! Keep us posted!...
Tomac

Link Posted: 12/19/2009 4:42:41 AM EDT
[#4]
20" E4 with Eotech XPS sight.

The E4 takes most AR mags.  Magpul and GI mags work great.

Link Posted: 12/19/2009 4:50:47 AM EDT
[#5]

Link Posted: 12/19/2009 6:09:42 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for the picture. I actually saved your variation as a point of reference regaridng the set up I would like.

Very nice weapon. Thanks a lot.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top