Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/20/2009 3:01:32 PM EDT
I've both heard & read that the AUG & clones don't suppress well due to the amount of gas exiting the regulator.
(& I just got back from the AAC sponsored silencer shoot this weekend (wow) & since I didn't see any of those there so I can only assume this is true.)

Does anyone here run a can on theirs?  Model?  Is it "no-muff" safe?

I'd just decided to chop my STG's barrel & permanently affix a KX3, but might install an SPR/M4 mount instead...

What say y'all?
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 3:50:21 PM EDT
[#1]
I've used my Gemtech M4-02 on mine, and was not impressed.  To me it was louder than my 10.5" AR.  I might try giving it another go with the gas turned off.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 4:16:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 4:20:52 PM EDT
[#3]
i installed a suppressor for a day, and to me its just as quite right beside a m4, the problem is the ejection port is right near the ear, so to the shooter its louder. also i notice no difference in sound coming from the regulator just my 2 cents
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 5:01:13 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 5:53:09 PM EDT
[#5]
Mine was fine with a M4-1000, a little sharper than the M4-1000 on a 16" AR-15, not a waste of time and money.  If you already have the suppressor for another rifle it is just an extra flash hider.
Link Posted: 9/21/2009 9:50:02 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Sounds to me like you need another barrel.  One shorty with a KX3 and one with a can mount.

Agreed - & thanks for your help over the phone.  
I'd wanted to chop the barrel & install a KX3 pretty much right after I got it, but (finally) got into cans & thought that maybe a better idea.

So it looks as if I'll have both; I'll order an E4 barrel soon.  Waiting on the stamp...

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top