Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/15/2009 11:09:09 AM EDT
Steyr AUG A3: Which Larue Mount for Aimpoint Micro T1?

I just purchased a Steyr AUG A3 and want to get a Aimpoint Micro T1 for it. Which Larue Mount should I purchase (LT 660, LT660HK or LT 661)?

http://www.laruetactical.com/pics/LT66XMount/T1_Profiles_copy.jpg

Thank you...

Link Posted: 9/15/2009 11:35:32 AM EDT
[#1]
Might be faster to contact Larue direct.
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 11:36:46 AM EDT
[#2]
The high or medium mounts will work fine.  The low will be too low.  The high is set up for lower 1/3 co-witness, and the medium is for the HK416 and is a bit lower.

Another option is the GGG mount.  It has flip up caps, but I flipped mine around to keep the lever on the right.  It's an absolute co-witness mount and comes in between the high and medium LaRue.  I think it looks much sexier than the blocky LaRue mounts.  

Link Posted: 9/15/2009 11:44:10 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
The high or medium mounts will work fine.  The low will be too low.  The high is set up for lower 1/3 co-witness, and the medium is for the HK416 and is a bit lower.

Another option is the GGG mount.  It has flip up caps, but I flipped mine around to keep the lever on the right.  It's an absolute co-witness mount and comes in between the high and medium LaRue.  I think it looks much sexier than the blocky LaRue mounts.  

http://gallery.me.com/sgtlmj/100169/IMG_2222/web.jpg?ver=12526268400001

Wow that looks great!
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 1:27:31 PM EDT
[#4]
The mid size one works best.  It is the one that the y use for the HK416.  The low mount is so low that it is unusable on the A3.
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 2:23:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Why do you have your rear sling point on that side?
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 4:22:40 PM EDT
[#6]
I just ordered one with the HK height mount.  I'll let you know how it is.   Personally I don't like the lower 1/3 co-witness.  I hope the HK mount gets me close to where the BUIS is near center.
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 7:54:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why do you have your rear sling point on that side?

Holds it tighter to the body when I let it hang and/or when transitioning to handgun.  Also makes it easier to swap to off-hand for left-sided barricade shooting.

Link Posted: 9/15/2009 7:58:22 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I just ordered one with the HK height mount.  I'll let you know how it is.   Personally I don't like the lower 1/3 co-witness.  I hope the HK mount gets me close to where the BUIS is near center.

The 660HK is a little below centerline.  If your BUIS is truly a back-up, it's no big deal though.  The GGG and a couple others are absolute co-witness.

Link Posted: 9/15/2009 10:21:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Looking at the image that you posted. It appears to me that the LT660HK would be the way to go. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Also, please excuse the noobie question. But, what do you mean by "co-witness"?

Thank you and I look forward to your reply.
Link Posted: 9/15/2009 10:23:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Might be faster to contact Larue direct.

Hokie, I called Larue and they didn't know.

Link Posted: 9/15/2009 10:26:27 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Looking at the image that you posted. It appears to me that the LT660HK would be the way to go. Please correct me if I am wrong.

Also, please excuse the noobie question. But, what do you mean by "co-witness"?

Thank you and I look forward to your reply.

"Co witness"  means your optic is mounted on the same plane as your iron sights

1/3rd cowitness means the irons appear in the lower 1/3rd of your optics sight picture

and true cowitness means the irons appear in the middle of your optics sight picture
Link Posted: 9/16/2009 5:16:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Quoted:

The 660HK is a little below centerline.  If your BUIS is truly a back-up, it's no big deal though.  The GGG and a couple others are absolute co-witness.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y44/mfingar/LaRue_Tactical/T-1SightPicture.jpg

My BUIS will be a true backup so I'm not worried about an absolute center with the T-1, just close enough to where I have a clear view of both front and rear of the BUIS through the glass.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 12:50:07 PM EDT
[#13]
You could also check out theTitan Defense BUIS set made by Troy Industries that are the correct height for the HK416 upper and would probably work better using the HK mount for your Micro.
Link Posted: 9/18/2009 4:18:50 PM EDT
[#14]
I got my T-1 on the LaRue HK mount and I like it.  Mounted on my E4 rail it gives me a very nice cheek weld, and with my Troy BUIS the irons are slightly above center but are very clear through the glass without any interference from the tube.  I'm glad I went with the HK height over the lower 1/3 co-witness where the lower portiion of the tube cuts into the BUIS sight picture.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 6:54:45 AM EDT
[#15]

Kahrbarian, thank you for the info. Based on your post I am going to order a LT660HK from Larue on Monday.

Link Posted: 9/20/2009 6:58:22 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
You could also check out theTitan Defense BUIS set made by Troy Industries that are the correct height for the HK416 upper and would probably work better using the HK mount for your Micro.

Onslaught, you said that the Titan Defense BUIS would probably work better using the HK mount w/ a Micro. Can you or anyone else 100% confirm this?

Thank you...

Link Posted: 9/20/2009 7:48:00 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Kahrbarian, thank you for the info. Based on your post I am going to order a LT660HK from Larue on Monday.

Glad I could help.  Great thing with LaRue is if you are not 100% satisfied with their product you can send it back for refund or exchange.
Link Posted: 9/20/2009 6:55:16 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Onslaught, you said that the Titan Defense BUIS would probably work better using the HK mount w/ a Micro. Can you or anyone else 100% confirm this?

Thank you...

Well, the sights are designed specifically to be "HK" height, so if you're using an HK height mount for your T1, you'll get your irons lower in the Aimpoint window.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top