Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/2/2009 8:37:36 PM EDT
I started having failures to extract whith the  new round trying to get in then the spent shell gets smashed into the front oppening destroying the case. it happened so much it ran into to plastic and wore a grove into the plastic part of the receiver near the bolt ,Checked everything and i found the bolt sleeve missing a tooth, DAVE SENT A NEW ONE and things seem better. Extraction failures resulting in stovepies are now happening. Kind of a bummer but I have over 10000 xm193 rounds with no problems but the heavier loads like 69 grain and 77 grain cause me problems with extraction and perhaps a tight chaber on this one, I really want to shoot at least the 69 grn match kings without damaging my rifile.. I will post pics tomorrow of the stovepipe condition. I only had my phone cam with me. Im hoping use the heavier tap as well but if this is a tighter chamber am i just asking for problems?

again i doesnt happen with xm193

Link Posted: 8/3/2009 2:52:31 AM EDT
[#1]
After 10,000 rounds? You did say 10,000 right? Wow I would love to have your ammo budget. Anyways, just a thought, Have you rebuilt your bolt yet? Ejector and extractor springs are probably the culprit. They should be replaced around every 3-5 thousand rounds. You may even want a new piston and gas rings, just for good measure, as well as recoil springs....
Anyways kudo's to you!
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 3:54:57 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/3/2009 1:29:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
After 10,000 rounds? You did say 10,000 right? Wow I would love to have your ammo budget. Anyways, just a thought, Have you rebuilt your bolt yet? Ejector and extractor springs are probably the culprit. They should be replaced around every 3-5 thousand rounds. You may even want a new piston and gas rings, just for good measure, as well as recoil springs....
Anyways kudo's to you!

Typo, I meant to say 1000 rounds. I finished a case of XM193 plus some other manufactured stuff. I typed that from my blackberry. I need to clean up some of the spelling too. LOL
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top