Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/9/2009 7:27:47 AM EDT
current inventory:

Chicom PolyTech Legend pre-ban AK47 (97%)
factory Hk93 A3 pre-ban (12:1 barrel twist) (97%)
FnFS 2000 (original trigger pack)
Ar15 16"  bush master M4 with M. Larue hand rail, etc..& all the horns and wistles (not selling ever) 1:9
AR15 20" Colt Match HBar post ban with removable carry handle( basic target gun) 1:9

50AE Desert Eagle Chrome plated
Hk tactical 45acp (never selling)
sig p220 45acp
sig p229 .357 sig (nevr selling)
glock 29  40 s&w

most all guns are excellent condition.

i am leaning  in the direction of selling the DE & the colt wich still would not raise as much as I would need although I do enjoy shooting the colt. and might really mis her.
a freind of mine thinks i should sell the Hk 93 since it has such a dated barrel twist etc.. and more of a closet queen

I just thought i'd thow it up on the web. and see if I could get a few opinions.

I once owned another hk93 and when I sold it I went through hk93 withdraw and went out and bought another one although I never shoot it
Link Posted: 6/9/2009 8:08:57 AM EDT
[#1]
I wouldn't sell any of them.

Sell something you won't miss...like a kidney!
Link Posted: 6/9/2009 8:14:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
I wouldn't sell any of them.

Sell something you won't miss...like a kidney!

thats exactly what I thought first.
Link Posted: 6/9/2009 10:18:17 AM EDT
[#3]
Ask the wife for a kidney. I'm saving mine for a Barrett 50.
Link Posted: 6/9/2009 2:11:58 PM EDT
[#4]
If you have to sell someting a little advice

If it shoots well DO NOT SELL

If it has sentimental value-gift from dad, family hierloom, first hunting gun...DON'T SELL

The Desert Eagle is a good bet since it is a 50 and ammo is hard to come by and afford unless you reload

As for the colt If it shoots MOA keep it but a 20 in gun is relitivley easy to replace if it has emotional attachment keep it.
Link Posted: 6/9/2009 2:42:11 PM EDT
[#5]
HK93.  12:1 barrel twist...yeah, love it but you can live without it. If it's sitting on the bench instead of being out in the action it's time to replace it with a rookie.

Besides tons of HK nuts that will fall over themselves to buy that off of you.

Link Posted: 6/9/2009 3:16:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Sell High - Buy Low.

I don't think the market is a plus for selling the Desert Eagle, hang onto it until another silly "Shoot Em Up" movie comes out or some rapper gets busted for a weapons charge.

I like & echo Silent's thinking though: HK. There is a following, mags are a pain and that twist..  Time to make the generational leap.

I would sell the HK if it were me - or trade it for an AUG (+/- $).

-Will
Link Posted: 6/9/2009 6:16:46 PM EDT
[#7]
sell whatever gets you $2300 plus $150+ for extra magazines
Link Posted: 6/11/2009 5:43:29 PM EDT
[#8]
Get rid of that FS 2000 because once you shoot the new AUG A3 you will never want to shoot the 2000 ever again. That and "there can be only one Bullpup".
Link Posted: 6/11/2009 6:45:53 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Get rid of that FS 2000 because once you shoot the new AUG A3 you will never want to shoot the 2000 ever again. That and "there can be only one Bullpup".

I have considered that: I do like the Fs2k (the balance and the way it feels when you shoot it etc..) but have had some reliability issues and have not been that impressed with the reports on Ar15.com about parts breaking etc.. .    

thanks for all your input.. I ordered the Aug A3 on a credit card & once I have it I think i'll be able to make a better decision as to what I say good bye to.   My  problem is I love all of them the way women love thier jewelry.. but in a more  manly way... of course
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 3:42:05 AM EDT
[#10]
I'd sell the Hk93 as well. That's how I bought my AUG A3.
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 8:45:20 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
current inventory:

Chicom PolyTech Legend pre-ban AK47 (97%)
factory Hk93 A3 pre-ban (12:1 barrel twist) (97%)
FnFS 2000 (original trigger pack)
Ar15 16"  bush master M4 with M. Larue hand rail, etc..& all the horns and wistles (not selling ever) 1:9
AR15 20" Colt Match HBar post ban with removable carry handle( basic target gun) 1:9

50AE Desert Eagle Chrome plated
Hk tactical 45acp (never selling)
sig p220 45acp
sig p229 .357 sig (nevr selling)
glock 29  40 s&w

most all guns are excellent condition.

i am leaning  in the direction of selling the DE & the colt wich still would not raise as much as I would need although I do enjoy shooting the colt. and might really mis her.
a freind of mine thinks i should sell the Hk 93 since it has such a dated barrel twist etc.. and more of a closet queen

I just thought i'd thow it up on the web. and see if I could get a few opinions.

I once owned another hk93 and when I sold it I went through hk93 withdraw and went out and bought another one although I never shoot it

I'm in a similar situation.....

I sold my Yugo M95 556 Underfolder for $600. It only cost me $300 to build. Hence I made an extra $300. I'm not a major fan of the AK platform and I'd rather have a FN PS90 instead.....

So I sold the AK.

I could have sold many other firearms in my collection.

M1 Garand
M1 Carbine
1896 Krag Carbine
Colt 6721
etc.....

I only had the AK because it was super cheap to build and at the time I wanted another rifle int he collection because of the panic buying. So I bought the kit and built it. In the end.... it was a fun rifle but with the stock extended it's only a inch shorter then my 20 inch AR-15. Having it run off 5.56x45mm was fun also but mags were kinda a pain to get.

So out of your collection I'd sell the AK and the Desert Eagle. The AK is just that.... an AK. I've never seen them as a collectible firearms. And the Desert Eagle is thugstatic.... "nuff said about that. As for the Colt 20 inch..... swap out the glass block with one that has a bayonet lug and send the barrel off to a smith and thread it for a flash hider and then it's good to go unless you have a State AWB.
Link Posted: 6/12/2009 12:17:22 PM EDT
[#12]
Immediate reaction:  Sell the FN!
As cool as the DE is, .50AE is a mortgage killer.
Then the Sig 220.
While you wouldn't get much for the G29, you could still get rid of it knowing that .40s&w barrels are available for the Sig 229.
If something else had to go, I'd be curious about the Colt.  While I normally would say hang on to your horsey, I have zero tolerance for the Rocky Dennis of the gun world aka: post-ban guns.  It'd better be printing cloverleafs.

Remember, you'll need enough left over to buy an optic.
I can speak from experience.
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 2:39:44 PM EDT
[#13]
I'll be the odd man here apparently and suggest that the HK93 be the last of the rifle to sell.  I could live without the others, but after having gotten rid of my HK a number of years ago, I've only been kicking myself.  It wouldn't break my heart to sell the other rifles.  

As far as the handguns are concerned, the Desert Eagle would be the first to go, followed closely by the G29.  If the 220 runs, I'd keep that, along with the 229 and HK.  

Link Posted: 6/14/2009 10:36:54 PM EDT
[#14]
yeah i love that dam hk93 although it makes no sense. The DE will be the 1st one to go

thanks again guys
Link Posted: 6/14/2009 11:17:59 PM EDT
[#15]
I would keep the AK47, HK-93, AR15 Bushy, HK Tactical, and Sig P229 for sure. The FN 2000 is cool since it's different, but I think you will prefer the AUG much better for your bullpup needs. The Colt AR15 is a post ban, i'm guessing no flash hider or bayonet lug, and you already have another AR. The Desert Eagle looks cool, but you probably hardly shoot it. I'm not a Glock or .40 S&W fan. The Sig P220 is a good weapon, but you already have a good tactical pistol with the HK and a good CCW pistol with your Sig P229.
Link Posted: 6/15/2009 2:15:11 AM EDT
[#16]
sell the Fn2000 and the Desert Eagle.....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top