Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/2/2009 3:37:08 PM EDT
Can someone help, I cant get the trigger pack out of my MSAR rifle. I have the bolt pulled back, and i press down on the paddle on the side of the gun, and it doesnt come out. Help.
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 3:53:07 PM EDT
[#1]
Paddle on the side of the gun?  Are you sure you're not talking about removing the receiver?
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 3:55:11 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Paddle on the side of the gun?  Are you sure you're not talking about removing the receiver?

ok, i was misreading, but it says to grasp the tab and pull it out, and my trigger group Is not comming out. how hard is it to remove?

Link Posted: 5/2/2009 4:03:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Try pressing in on the bolt release lever while removing the trigger pack.

Link Posted: 5/2/2009 4:04:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I am, its still not comming out.
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 4:06:05 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I am, its still not comming out.
The hammer is cocked?

Link Posted: 5/2/2009 4:07:30 PM EDT
[#6]
yes. safety on.

I guess im gonna take this back to the dealer, i didnt wait 7 days to get it for this to happen.
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 4:13:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Hammer cocked.  Press on the TOP of the bolt catch.  Should fall right out.
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 4:13:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Try this: Push the safety in the off position, hold in the bolt release, and see if the hammer pack then slides out. ( Make sure hammer is cocked, and in the down position. )
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 4:18:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

ok, ill try.
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 4:21:00 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:

ok, ill try.

not working, top of the bolt release doesnt push in at all.
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 4:26:26 PM EDT
[#11]
How about this. Remove the receiver from the stock, then try to remove the hammer pack. Manipulating the bolt release should then allow the hammer pack to be pulled out.
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 4:32:02 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
How about this. Remove the receiver from the stock, then try to remove the hammer pack. Manipulating the bolt release should then allow the hammer pack to be pulled out.

Still a no go. Bleh. Guess we'll see what the dealer says.
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 4:36:24 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I was thinking: if the bolt is to the rear, perhaps this is impeding the release of the hammer pack. If you remove the receiver from the stock, toggle the bolt release, the HP should come out with a gentle tug.

Seems like becoming familiar with a new firearm is always a learning process, and once "the trick" is learned, disassembly becomes much simplified.

Link Posted: 5/2/2009 4:39:15 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

I was thinking: if the bolt is to the rear, perhaps this is impeding the release of the hammer pack. If you remove the receiver from the stock, toggle the bolt release, the HP should come out with a gentle tug.

Seems like becoming familiar with a new firearm is always a learning process, and once "the trick" is learned, disassembly becomes much simplified.

When i bought it, the dealer showed me how to take it apart, but it seemed like he had some trouble getting it back together (Trigger pack) I told him, Dont break it, he said if he breaks it, he would buy it. Now I cant get the trigger pack out. Did he force it and break the gun? also, do these have a bolt release like AR's where you just press it after its locked back on a mag? Or do you have to use the charging handle? Because if so, its not releaseing the bolt from the locked back posistion either.
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 4:47:13 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

When i bought it, the dealer showed me how to take it apart, but it seemed like he had some trouble getting it back together (Trigger pack) I told him, Dont break it, he said if he breaks it, he would buy it. Now I cant get the trigger pack out. Did he force it and break the gun? also, do these have a bolt release like AR's where you just press it after its locked back on a mag? Or do you have to use the charging handle? Because if so, its not releaseing the bolt from the locked back posistion either.

Trouble reassembling often results from not properly aligning/mating the front of the receiver to stock. I doubt the dealer broke your rifle. Yes, the bolt release works similar to the AR: press the latch, and the bolt will spring forward. Prior to my STG getting well broken in, it took quite a bit of pressure on the bolt release latch for it to release.

Link Posted: 5/2/2009 5:02:08 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Trouble reassembling often results from not properly aligning/mating the front of the receiver to stock. I doubt the dealer broke your rifle. Yes, the bolt release works similar to the AR: press the latch, and the bolt will spring forward. Prior to my STG getting well broken in, it took quite a bit of pressure on the bolt release latch for it to release.

I know he was able to get it out easily with out taking the reciever out of the stock, then he put it in and now i cannot get it out. Also, i tried putting a snap cap in the magazine and inserting it, and with the charging handle in the up posistion, nothing happened. And when i let it down to where it would catch, the bolt release still did nothing.
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 5:05:24 PM EDT
[#17]
Sounds like the bolt catch is bound up with the hammer pack.  When re-installing the pack, sometimes you have to move the bolt catch a bit, since it has to go into a small slot in the pack.
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 5:09:09 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

Sounds like the bolt catch is bound up with the hammer pack.  When re-installing the pack, sometimes you have to move the bolt catch a bit, since it has to go into a small slot in the pack.

BINGO!

Link Posted: 5/2/2009 5:17:18 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Ok, so how do i get the pack out, thats what i need to know. Also, the Rear of the pack will move up and down freely, but its stuck in the front, theres also a peice sticking up in front of the bolt when i press the release down it sticks up.
Link Posted: 5/2/2009 6:30:20 PM EDT
[#20]
I AM VICTORIOUS! With a little elbow grease and a spoon ( Eating kind) I got it out, used the spoon to wiggle the catch until it released the trigger pack.
Link Posted: 5/3/2009 5:43:18 AM EDT
[#21]
Glad you got it out.  So spoons are now considered an MSAR tool?
Link Posted: 5/3/2009 7:34:10 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Glad you got it out.  So spoons are now considered an MSAR tool?

Standard jk

Couple things to be sure of while using the bolt release. It doesnt work completely like an AR's. If you press it while cycling the bolt it will not hold the bolt to the rear. It will also not release the bolt if you have tilted the charging handle in the receiver to hold the bolt to the rear.
Link Posted: 5/3/2009 7:52:17 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
When I bought it, the dealer showed me how to take it apart, but it seemed like he had some trouble getting it back together (Trigger pack) I told him, Dont break it, he said if he breaks it, he would buy it. Now I cant get the trigger pack out. Did he force it and break the gun?

I would go back to the dealer and ask him exactly how he put the rifle back together. Write down his method word for word. Save these instruction as "The Way Not to Assemble a Firearm". Seriously though your Stg is probably OK. I would install and remove the hammer pack a few times THE CORRECT WAY per the manual and check function. Do have the reciever and bolt assembly in before pulling the trigger. It should be fine.
Link Posted: 5/3/2009 8:37:25 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Quoted:
When I bought it, the dealer showed me how to take it apart, but it seemed like he had some trouble getting it back together (Trigger pack) I told him, Dont break it, he said if he breaks it, he would buy it. Now I cant get the trigger pack out. Did he force it and break the gun?

I would go back to the dealer and ask him exactly how he put the rifle back together. Write down his method word for word. Save these instruction as "The Way Not to Assemble a Firearm". Seriously though your Stg is probably OK. I would install and remove the hammer pack a few times THE CORRECT WAY per the manual and check function. Do have the reciever and bolt assembly in before pulling the trigger. It should be fine.

It works fine now, the trigger pack slides in and is removed perfectly fine, No visible damage to the pack at all.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top