Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 1/15/2009 4:47:59 PM EDT
Turn this thread into a WIN!  Somebody...  

ETA: At least we have an artist's conception now.  Are these critters actually at SHOT for someone to snap a pic of?
Link Posted: 1/15/2009 5:20:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Introducing the Gem E4.....

Link Posted: 1/15/2009 6:38:58 PM EDT
[#2]
anybody ???
Link Posted: 1/16/2009 8:51:10 AM EDT
[#3]
all i want is a pic, a price, and an expected date that i can order one.
Link Posted: 1/16/2009 10:03:08 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 1/16/2009 12:25:18 PM EDT
[#5]

Link Posted: 1/16/2009 1:00:33 PM EDT
[#6]

Great!!  We finally get to see the E4. Nice rifle, but..

I just want the scope!  Other than that, my GEN2 STG is just fine for my purposes.  So when can I buy one those "raised" scopes?
Link Posted: 1/16/2009 2:24:02 PM EDT
[#7]
"Picatinney rails, the panacea of all internet commando ills."  http://www.ar15.com/images/smilies/anim_rolleyes.gif[/img]

I'll just take an E4 stock for my Gen I gun so I can use AR-15 mags, and skip the rails.
Link Posted: 1/16/2009 3:59:00 PM EDT
[#8]
I still wish they had a more flush top optic rail though that sits lower. Really needed that more than more side rail space.

Those back rear rails on the stock are going to make it tough to loop a single point around it.

The left side rail under the charging handle is going to be a funny place to mount things. I wonder if it's going to mess with the charging handle operation?

Like the looks of the new bolt release.

Going to be picking up a new barrel soon so I like the ability to slap on whatever flash suppressor I want.

Someone at MSAR needs to come up with an additional gas setting adjustment that allows for any after market suppressor to be used with the STG though.

Link Posted: 1/16/2009 4:16:20 PM EDT
[#9]
The rails will be removable, and will attach to threaded hardpoints in the stock.  Kind of like a G36C handguard.  Also included will be a QD swivel cup that will attach to one of the hardpoints.  SO - mount only what you need, where you need it.

BTW - I have no idea why there aren't any pics yet.  I helped build 4 protos for the show.
Link Posted: 1/16/2009 4:19:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Amen............I do as well

Quoted:
all i want is a pic, a price, and an expected date that i can order one.

Link Posted: 1/16/2009 4:38:50 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
The rails will be removable, and will attach to threaded hardpoints in the stock.  Kind of like a G36C handguard.  Also included will be a QD swivel cup that will attach to one of the hardpoints.  SO - mount only what you need, where you need it.

BTW - I have no idea why there aren't any pics yet.  I helped build 4 protos for the show.

What's the MSRP?
Link Posted: 1/16/2009 4:50:12 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I still wish they had a more flush top optic rail though that sits lower. Really needed that more than more side rail space.

I agree - Supposedly they made some a while ago but never offered them.
Link Posted: 1/16/2009 6:40:08 PM EDT
[#14]
Lower height top rails are coming!  We don't have them at SHOT, but the new top rails will be the same height above the stock as an AR15 rail.  I don't know when or how much, but I'm definitely first in line for a 12" bi-level!
Link Posted: 1/16/2009 6:45:28 PM EDT
[#15]

Link Posted: 1/16/2009 6:49:50 PM EDT
[#16]

Not exactly what I was hoping for by way of it's rails but definitely a nice weapon and much more innovative than the new Steyr A3.  I'll be purchasing that top rail X-ile mentioned when it comes out for sure though.  Any ideas on the MSRP of the E4 stock?

Link Posted: 1/16/2009 8:26:23 PM EDT
[#17]
Ok...I dig it.

I like that the rails are detachable so it's a sort of mix and match your own preference and I'm all about options. It will give folks the ability to custom the location and mounts of their accessories and that's cool.

The thing about those rear rails for me was that it would make it hard to use a single point sling (which I like), but if they can be detached then that's cool.

I like the shape of the rails a lot. I like that they're flush, I like that they're rounded. Very cool

I like the texture around the magazine well. Defintely cool.

I'm going ot DEFINTELY purchase that top rail. No doubt about that whatsoever.

I'm giving serious thought about buying the STANAG stock...have to think about it.

P.S. someone said "I don't know why they had a PMAG in their stock when they have their own AR mags." I'm like so that people know that it is the STANAG stock NOT the regular stock since the new AR magazines look pretty close to the MSAR AUG mags.

Link Posted: 1/16/2009 10:37:28 PM EDT
[#18]
Wonder if the new rail locations could be added to an existing stock?
Link Posted: 1/17/2009 3:13:01 AM EDT
[#19]
So who is carrying them?  MSRP?  If the MSRP is the same as the others, I'm in.
Link Posted: 1/17/2009 3:50:59 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
Lower height top rails are coming!  We don't have them at SHOT, but the new top rails will be the same height above the stock as an AR15 rail.  I don't know when or how much, but I'm definitely first in line for a 12" bi-level!

NO Bi - level !!! We want same plane......
Link Posted: 1/17/2009 3:53:30 AM EDT
[#21]
So will the stock assembly be sold separately as an upgrade to existing rifles? Or is the "NATO" stock a different project?
Link Posted: 1/17/2009 6:41:37 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
So will the stock assembly be sold separately as an upgrade to existing rifles? Or is the "NATO" stock a different project?

It will be sold as both an upgrade, and as a complete rifle, as far as I understand.

Link Posted: 1/17/2009 8:04:06 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:

It will be sold as both an upgrade, and as a complete rifle, as far as I understand.

That's what I like to hear. A good company supporting their base.

Now just give me a decent price on it and I'll be very happy.

Link Posted: 1/17/2009 8:33:07 AM EDT
[#24]
Ok, now I'm definitely in for one.....

Make mine a black, flat top and make sure that it accepts Pmags.

So do I keep my AR's and XCR and just add a MSAR?  or do I dump the XCR?  

I'm pretty sure the compactness of the MSAR STG556 will quickly make it my favorite carbine..
Link Posted: 1/17/2009 8:51:56 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

The STG-E4 has got you covered
Link Posted: 1/17/2009 12:25:44 PM EDT
[#26]
I was on the fence about getting a STG 556, but now I'm sold. I hope they get these on the shelves before another ban. Did MSAR mention an ETA on these?
Link Posted: 1/17/2009 12:47:33 PM EDT
[#27]
I was put on Ratworx pre-order list for the E4 stock about a month or two ago.  I believe I was #4 on the list back then.
Link Posted: 1/17/2009 2:56:47 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

So do I keep my AR's and XCR and just add a MSAR?  or do I dump the XCR?  

I'm pretty sure the compactness of the MSAR STG556 will quickly make it my favorite carbine..

I wouldnt give up anything. Having the XCR and STG would be the best scenerio. Of course if I had to sell an XCR to come up with the cash for the STG, I would drop the XCR like a hot potato. To me the XCR is great but handles like an AR. The AUG style rifles are totaly diferent.

Seems like MSAR has addressed everything people have asked for. Personaly I prefer the Gen IV and will be sticking with it. But I could definately see why a person would chose an E4. Some people still want a quad rail. IMO some rifles (AK's, M14's, FAL's, G3's and yes AUGs) arent supposed to have rails all over the place. Just my opinion. But hey, its nice to have all the options.

Link Posted: 1/17/2009 3:17:18 PM EDT
[#29]
I would gladly trade my Gen II for an E4.....Any idea when the E4 will be widely available ????

Link Posted: 1/17/2009 3:41:53 PM EDT
[#30]
Any idea how much?

Quoted:
I was put on Ratworx pre-order list for the E4 stock about a month or two ago.  I believe I was #4 on the list back then.

Link Posted: 1/17/2009 4:17:18 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Any idea how much?

Quoted:

The price was not determined at that time.  But, if it costs more than $50.00 over what the non FA stock costs ($300.00), I will not buy it!
Link Posted: 1/17/2009 4:25:31 PM EDT
[#32]
I'd pay $300 for it.

Link Posted: 1/17/2009 5:00:33 PM EDT
[#33]
Maybe we should wait and see what options are included with the stock.
Link Posted: 1/17/2009 6:59:57 PM EDT
[#34]
they better make this in tan, I can't stand the tacticool " shoot me first" black
Link Posted: 1/17/2009 7:02:38 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
they better make this in tan, I can't stand the tacticool " shoot me first" black

+1.  Target indicator black is sooo last year.  
Link Posted: 1/17/2009 7:07:25 PM EDT
[#36]
no shit, but I'm scared because I was told that tan has not sold well, so there is not going to be a no FA stock planned for some time. They better do the E4 in tan.
Link Posted: 1/18/2009 9:25:26 AM EDT
[#37]

Tag for MSRP and who to send my money to.
Link Posted: 1/18/2009 9:51:05 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
no shit, but I'm scared because I was told that tan has not sold well, so there is not going to be a no FA stock planned for some time. They better do the E4 in tan.

I like the Tan MSAR a lot. The funny thing about that is MSAR's Tan is the same color as what other people are caling Flat Dark Earth, Urban Dark Earth, Coyote, or whatever the new color of the month is, Anyway, perhaps if MSAR just named it something more catchy, maybe it would be more popular. Who knows, just a thought.
Link Posted: 1/18/2009 9:52:43 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I can't stand the tacticool " shoot me first" black

Black will always be in style
Link Posted: 1/18/2009 10:15:10 AM EDT
[#40]
Haven't seen this pic yet.  It's not an E4, but it sports the taller optic.

Link Posted: 1/18/2009 1:07:47 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Any idea how much?

Quoted:

I emailed Ratworx yesterday to get put on the waiting list, and they do not have a price from MSAR yet.  

Link Posted: 1/18/2009 5:29:47 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Nope...Tan is the worst seller in terms of the STG.  I talked to MSAR and they said black and OD first and that Tan was on the back burner.

Sucks because I like the tan as well.
Link Posted: 1/18/2009 5:53:24 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Nope...Tan is the worst seller in terms of the STG.  I talked to MSAR and they said black and OD first and that Tan was on the back burner.

Sucks because I like the tan as well.

me too, the tan (actually flat dark earth) STG stock works very well in my area...
Link Posted: 1/18/2009 7:28:02 PM EDT
[#44]
So...the copmuter generated model of the E4 looks real neat, but anyone else notice it doesn't show any sort of mag release button for the AR mag? [>:/]

Would someone fromo SMAR be kind enough to post a pic of the left side of the E4 stock, pretty please?
Link Posted: 1/19/2009 1:20:13 PM EDT
[#45]
I don't have any pics right now, but the mag release ids exactly the same as on the standard Gen IV stock (externally, at least)
Link Posted: 1/19/2009 2:12:00 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I don't have any pics right now, but the mag release ids exactly the same as on the standard Gen IV stock (externally, at least)

Gotcha...I was thinking that maybe it was similar to the design on the Galil AR-15 mag adapter or some such.  Must be a clever contraption on the inside!
Link Posted: 1/19/2009 2:51:03 PM EDT
[#47]
I asked about the tan stock at the show and was told that they may be produced if enough interest is determined.  Right now I was told that black and OD are the most popular and that the call for tan was not worth the work to change over right now.  They are cranking them out like everyone else.

In regards to MSRP, I believe that $1800-1900 was mentioned.
Link Posted: 1/23/2009 11:08:23 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 1/23/2009 11:24:40 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
"Picatinney rails, the panacea of all internet commando ills."  http://www.ar15.com/images/smilies/anim_rolleyes.gif[/url]

I'll just take an E4 stock for my Gen I gun so I can use AR-15 mags, and skip the rails.

That is the beauty of the E4 stock.  You won't have to use the rails at all.
Link Posted: 1/23/2009 11:31:44 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Haven't seen this pic yet.  It's not an E4, but it sports the taller optic.

http://www.gunshowreview.com/SHOT_2009/Day_One/images/00-01-15-09-0246.jpg

I just sent the 15 SHOT show prototype optics to Ratworxusa.com.  They are labeled as prototypes on the side.  They are the same height as the "original optic".
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top