Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/23/2017 10:24:42 PM EDT
I have the ninth edition. One of the rounds I want to load is not in it...125 HP with the 300bo. I saw that they have the tenth edition, but I hesitate because I am not sure how often they come out with a manual. 

Is there a place that I can get the loading info for free? Can I load the HP to the same levels as the 125 gr SST? Or should I get the book and hope a new one doesn't come out next year?

Thanks. 
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 10:32:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 10:41:23 PM EDT
[#2]
I do recommend the latest manuals but in this case the Hornady 9th versus Hornady 10th, The 9th does not include the 125 gr. HP bullet and the 10th does. But the data in the 10th for 125 grain bullets is exactly the same as in the 9th for 125-130 grain bullets. So use data to work up your loads from the 9th edition. Same components used in both and same overall length as tested for both the SST and HP 125 grain bullets.  Again, all the powders tested and data is exactly the same for 125-130 grain bullets in the 9th and 10th.
Link Posted: 8/23/2017 11:10:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Excellent idea on the powder manufacturer. I will check that out.

Also, thank you for the info on the books. I really appreciate that. I hate spending money when I don't need to. 
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top