Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/18/2017 2:06:58 AM EDT
In most other forms I am known as "Hornady boy" if you go to "official reloading bench picture thread page 42" you will see why.
But what most don't know is my doc has a Dillon 1050, 550 and two 650s, and I clean and lube them twice a year and I go over and fix anything that is broke any time he calls. The reason I do this is because I have seen him use 2 tools. One was a screw driver and the other one was an adjustable wrench. The screw driver he used as a pry bar and a wood chisel, the adj. wrench he used as a hammer. I just do not trust him with any tool in his hand. And this is the guy that has shoved his finger up my ass.

Well today I went over and did the clean and relube on his presses for the spring cleaning, When I was done he said "I hope you did a good job on those. Because I have left them to you in my will." I ask him about his son. And that is when he went off. He said "That SOB voted for Bernie and then for Hillary. He not getting squat."

I told him"I vote red, I reload red"
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 2:15:31 AM EDT
[#1]
At least he didn't shove the screwdriver.

The wrench might be a bit troublesome, though...
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 9:30:51 AM EDT
[#2]
Good story.  I've been in similar situations not pertaining to reloading equipment.  Red is nice but the dillons....
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 2:42:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Are you saying you would pass up a basically free gifted Dillon 1050?
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 7:41:26 PM EDT
[#4]
I would mount it to it's own bench, but I would not reload on it. Now if Dillon ever comes out with their own bullet feeder, that would be a different story.  But I would not turn a Dillon into a mutt by adding a Mr. bullet feeder. I would add a Lee and RCBS progressive. just to show how each press works. I then let the person learning on 4 different presses. And if they choose one or the other, that would be fine with me.
My only stipulation is the brand of press will only have that brand of accessories. If they don't make that accessory, tough, you do with out.
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 8:38:22 PM EDT
[#5]
This is pure gold!
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 8:55:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Dillon has no need to make a bullet feeder, especially now that they sell the MBF. 
Link Posted: 4/18/2017 9:17:00 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Dillon has no need to make a bullet feeder, especially now that they sell the MBF. 
View Quote
The local drug dealer will sell you a Ford that he just stole. But that don't make him a car dealership. If you notice they all so sell Leman accessories.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 7:14:00 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
The local drug dealer will sell you a Ford that he just stole. But that don't make him a car dealership. If you notice they all so sell Leman accessories.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why would Dillon want to compete with a product that is so well loved? Not worth it economically. I use google maps and search on my iphone because they are just better. You seem to think mixing brands is a bad thing. Use what is best and works for your situation. Happy that u got your Hornady presses working. I couldnt and am hugely glad I moved to a 1050.
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 9:46:34 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 10:21:06 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 12:48:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Why would Dillon want to compete with a product that is so well loved? Not worth it economically. I use google maps and search on my iphone because they are just better. You seem to think mixing brands is a bad thing. Use what is best and works for your situation. Happy that u got your Hornady presses working. I couldnt and am hugely glad I moved to a 1050.
View Quote
in for the carnage i use lee dies & powder drops on my 550b

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/19/2017 6:47:35 PM EDT
[#12]
Well I didn't start of my thread "Dillon suck, Lee is made out of pot metal, and RCBS can't keep a press in production for more than a few years, and Hornady is the only one to think about." I didn't want the thread to go in this direction.
So now it's time to hit everyone in the head with a two by four.
Guess what? Everyone is going to die. Do you have any say where your reloading equipment is going? Have you trained any one to love it as much as you do?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top