Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 12/18/2016 5:51:58 PM EDT
Has anyone experience with these tools?

I'm getting ready to bulk load some 223/556, & prepping brass now.

I'm thinking of ordering these gauges tonight to help with the process. Are they good to go?

I hate getting stuck or smashed primers.
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 6:53:28 PM EDT
[#1]
Never heard of either. Who makes them?

I know some people use RCBS's swager head as a gage to insure crimped brass doesn't sneak into the batch.

Link Posted: 12/18/2016 7:10:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Never heard of either. Who makes them?

I know some people use RCBS's swager head as a gage to insure crimped brass doesn't sneak into the batch.
View Quote

The gauge is made by Ballistic Tools.
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 7:20:53 PM EDT
[#3]
I have both, very nice tools to have. I'd recommend that You order the package that has small/large primer pocket check tool, and case mouth tool. I think it's a better deal, it was back when I ordered them.
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 7:29:40 PM EDT
[#4]
I have both of the primer pocket gauges, both of them are very nice and quite handy!

Edit: and I don't just use them for swagging, I also check brass for loose primer pockets before I load if I suspect it's coming to the end of it's useful life.
Link Posted: 12/18/2016 10:11:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I have both of the primer pocket gauges, both of them are very nice and quite handy!

Edit: and I don't just use them for swagging, I also check brass for loose primer pockets before I load if I suspect it's coming to the end of it's useful life.
View Quote

Now I've ordered the swage gauge and the neck tension gauge
    Link Posted: 12/18/2016 10:22:32 PM EDT
    [#6]
    I keep them both by my 1050 press. Quite happy with the swage gauge. I am not convinced the neck gauges are overly important. Not like you can easily adjust it without changing die or insert... Basically, for most of us, "what's the point"?
    Link Posted: 12/18/2016 11:49:07 PM EDT
    [#7]
    Quoted:
    I keep them both by my 1050 press. Quite happy with the swage gauge. I am not convinced the neck gauges are overly important. Not like you can easily adjust it without changing die or insert... Basically, for most of us, "what's the point"?
    View Quote

On my loading bench, I have 2 little Tupperware bins. One is for large primer brass and the other is for small primer brass. I keep the different primer pocket check tool and appropriate uniforming and reaming tools, along with the flash hole uniforming tools in each bin.

I like to have the neck tension tool handy just because while I am checking brass while I am sizing, I can check the neck tension. I guess just one more thing to keep an eye on.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
    Top Top