Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/7/2015 1:26:56 PM EDT
I ordered 20 lbs of titegroup and UPS lost the package. It was found to have been left at the wrong house a few blocks away but it had set outside in 0° weather for almost 2 days. The package looks fine and does not have any water or snow damage.

Will the low temp affect or degrade the powder?
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 1:39:02 PM EDT
[#1]
It is fine.

Make sure you warm it up before opening to avoid condensation from the warm wet air in your house.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 2:59:47 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 5:00:09 PM EDT
[#3]
I have had many items delivered that sat all day in freezing temps including powder, with Titegroup being one of them.

I aclamate all packages with electronics, steel, powder and the like before it is opened.

If it is warmed up to quickly, such as opening the package or contents then exposing it to a extreme temperture to fast it will induce moisture.

Let the unopened package sit in the coolest room of the house, basement is what I do, then after a few hours open it and all is fine.

Never a problem.
Link Posted: 3/7/2015 5:16:37 PM EDT
[#4]
It is good to go.

Very few things other than perishables are shipped in a climate controlled trailer.

Smokeless powder gets shipped across the 120 degree Southern Cal desert and -30 mountains of Montana.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top