Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 1/20/2015 5:34:45 PM EDT
Not sure if this had been covered yet or not

For you Hornady guys ... I noticed on Midsouth's site that Hornady has some "new" die sets coming out

Not sure what the difference between these and the old ones are (other than the information on the page there).

Thought would share.

(Maybe they will be as good as the LEE's now)
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 6:45:58 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 7:30:28 PM EDT
[#2]
I wish that Hornady would just coat ALL of their dies in TiN (titanium nitride) like their New Dimension pistol die - which performs just like a Carbide die.  

No, it would not eliminate the need to lube cases ( I put a light case spray on ALL brass - including straight wall pistol cases).  But the dies would be tougher, nearly scratch-proof, and operate more smoothly.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 7:40:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Sounds like Lee is making them for Hornady... LOL... They sound just like Lee dies.
Odd thing about this.... Has anyone ever complained about Hornady New Dimension dies being too expensive?
I always thought they were a good die for the money, solid value.

ZA
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 8:09:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Sounds like Lee is making them for Hornady... LOL... They sound just like Lee dies.
Odd thing about this.... Has anyone ever complained about Hornady New Dimension dies being too expensive?
I always thought they were a good die for the money, solid value.

ZA
View Quote

Exactly what I was thinking.. The lack of sure-loc ring kills them for me. No thanks.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 8:19:46 PM EDT
[#5]
They do resemble Lee dies to me.  Especially with the lock ring.  I prefer the sur-loc rings.

Like dryflash said, I won't be switching over from my current Hornady dies.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 8:24:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Someone has to chime in with a positive post. Didn't Hornady do some market research first? What a waste...They should have made their existing die a tad better in some way. Carbide?

Anyway, I wish they would spend less time making this or that silly swager and more time making upgrades to existing products like the LNL Progressive.. or their crap Pistol bullet feeder (which I sold because it was not any better than crap). As apposed to their Rifle 223 bullet feeder which is fantastic.
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 9:23:33 PM EDT
[#7]
That's a bummer.   I knew a lot of you guys really like your Hornady dies and could tell me how these compared...thank you for that.  

Also figured/assumed Hornady had done their research and upgraded something....but not being a Hornady user I couldn't tell.

Sounds like the only upgrade here is cost and at the expense of some missing features.  

kind of a bummer.

heck...maybe they just needed something to talk about at the shot show
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 11:03:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/20/2015 11:39:23 PM EDT
[#9]
I like them except for the threaded decapping pin.  I really like that you can easily polish them if they rust.
Link Posted: 1/21/2015 12:20:34 AM EDT
[#10]
Wait till you see all the variants that Redding is coming out with.
They are nuts!  
They are going to have Premium Die Sets....carbide expander ball on the FL sizer and the seater will have their after market Micrometer. Then they are making sets with their Dual Ring Carbide Sizer Dies.  They do not sell to begin with....

Least they are going to sell the 300 Blackout Competition Seater Die as a separate die now.

They are going in the wrong direction.....to many SKU's for crap that does not sell!  

Expanded National Match Die sets......

Least Forster quit offering so many SKU's that do not sell!  

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top